• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Got some 3/8" AR500 steel and I was thinking about sending some M80 7.62 at it. Specs for the AR500 say it's good for 308 with minimum distance of 100 yds. I was planning to go farther out, 3, 4, 500 ish yds so I don't think it'll be an issue, however I just want to check with some people that have done it.

My concern is that I'm going to damage the steel, which for what I paid for it I'd rather not do. I know if I hit the rim I'll more than likely get some damage which is the risk you take. But I'd like to know that for center mass shots it's no big deal.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got some 3/8" AR500 steel and I was thinking about sending some M80 7.62 at it. Specs for the AR500 say it's good for 308 with minimum distance of 100 yds. I was planning to go farther out, 3, 4, 500 ish yds so I don't think it'll be an issue, however I just want to check with some people that have done it.

My concern is that I'm going to damage the steel, which for what I paid for it I'd rather not do. I know if I hit the rim I'll more than likely get some damage which is the risk you take. But I'd like to know that for center mass shots it's no big deal.

You'll be fine.

Top Bottom