• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There were a few decent deals on the tables today. I traded my Walther P22 and a little cash for a nice Beretta U22 Neos. Just as I thought I was gonna get out of there with money still in my pockets, I overheard one of the dealers being a jerk to an older couple. The old guy asked about trades and told the dealer he had a "Browning 22 and snub nose Smith". When he opened the case the dealer bluntly told him "That's a Ruger, not Browning!" and proceeded to tell him why his old MKIII was worthless now that the MKIV is out. He wasn't even interested in looking at the guys S&W. The gentleman thanked him for his time and turned to walk away. I've been looking for an older Ruger MK for a bit and asked the guy what he wanted as the dealer never did inquire about price. When the guy says $200 I thought I was hearing things! I asked if he was sure and he confirmed. I told him I was definitely in for the Ruger, then asked about the Smith. The dealer had no interest so the case was never opened and I had no idea what it was. He opened the case to show me a 642-2 with factory branded crimson trace grips. He said he'll take $500 for both! After picking my jaw up off the floor, I counted out the money and thanked the gentleman. When I got home, the 642 was promptly claimed by my wife! After taking the scope mount off I found out the Ruger is a MKII Target.
    5bf1aa0ec8f9f09001f493a731c3557b.jpg
    aa723e39161f39d66976df2830692a16.jpg
    ba6c9953ef9895ec6e676fcd8c9ff1c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love a good dealer fucks himself story, about the only time I go to shows anymore is to work the parking lot and pick up a deal or two before the dealers get them.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to the PC Show tomorrow. Not looking for anything in particular but you never know what will pop up. A reasonable CZ Shadow 2 would be nice.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jay's and AA Tactical both had impressive selections of CZ's. I was really on the lookout for a 1911 so I had to keep walking though! LoL

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Very good deals that you picked up.
    I don’t know why some people have to be so rude. Unhappy with their life I guess but he certainly screwed himself, which I love.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had the dealer just heard the old man out, he could have easily made a profit AND a couple new happy customers! Oh well, worked out well for me. Too bad I'll never get to carry that 642 though! The wife laid claim to that before I ever opened the case (S&W fangirl LoL).

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd say you did very good, just never pays to be a jerk, some folks never learn that. I can relate to the 642 going to the wife, I bought one last year or so and our oldest daughter laid claim to it before I even shot it. Oh well, it's in good hands.

Top Bottom