• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    These reviews are getting clustered, some people don't even look for older reviews for people they just make up a new one. Why can't we do something different. Instead of looking up old posts to find reviews for people and just have one single rating area for everyone. This search bullshit is tiring. And its cluttering up the forum with multiple threads that we don't need. Seems like an easy fix. Hey Texas man, let's get up to date...

Last edited:

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll second the need for a different way of reviewing members on here. It seems to me like a no brainer that needs to be done. I'm sure like others on here they search a members username to see what kind of person they are and move forward accordingly. It would just be nice to see how much buying/selling/trading they do and decide if they want to deal with them or not quickly and easily. I use several different forums to seek out guns and they all have a better way of reviewing members. When we lived in TN, the local forum up there even has a feedback rating: tngunowners.com. I also like the AK and FAL Files system as well as AR15.com. Can we make this happen?

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the AK Files system myself, if only we could get a few more on board..

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anything that would make it quick and easy to see who exactly it is that you're dealing with. Comments would be a welcome addition too. Nothing fancy. Just short and concise. TNgunowners made it so you had to pay to advertise sales and even post in sales ads. I don't think it needs to be that way here. Just something so we can know who to be wary of or avoid completely. I like how those who are to be avoided or wary of are stickied at the top of the page. It just needs a better way of reviewing than the current method.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ?? Any info on how a person "is" comes from reviews from some other member.
    Current system allows those reviews to be seen by everyone, and it allows the member to respond as necessary.

If you are interested in a particular user, you simply click on the Reviews section, and search in the upper right block for their username, under "Search Forum".

Seems already easy.

I'm not familiar with these other systems you are proposing, but I don't see how the current system is lacking.

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    ?? Any info on how a person "is" comes from reviews from some other member.
    Current system allows those reviews to be seen by everyone, and it allows the member to respond as necessary.

If you are interested in a particular user, you simply click on the Reviews section, and search in the upper right block for their username, under "Search Forum".

Seems already easy.

I'm not familiar with these other systems you are proposing, but I don't see how the current system is lacking.

It’s usable but clunky, and IMO a waste of bandwidth. The other systems we’re referring to have a percentage / rating directly under the username in every post. Even outside of the selling sections, you get an immediate glance at whether or not a person is G2G. Depending on what forum system this board runs on, it could be a simple plugin that’d take the admin a couple minutes to setup. Easy peasy.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With the current system, buyers/sellers do write reviews. The problem is people don't do the search option, which leaves multiple reviews for the same person. Other formatsare linked directly to your user name as stated above. Would definitely clean things up a bit.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Gotcha. Still seems to me that if folks had a "rating" tag under their name or avatar, people would be tripping over themselves for "likes" and "reps", etc... a damn FaceSpace MyBook TwitChat nightmare.

Oh, and while I was refreshing my memory on the rules for this section, I found this gem from almost exactly 4-years ago:

Just type in the persons screen name in the search box and it will populate all positive and negative reviews given. Just that easy....

Hahaha, how times and attitudes change. :)

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice. But if you read into the proceeding posts, you would note my sarcasm. But sometimes sarcasm is easier heard then read...

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The rating system wouldn't be about "likes" and "reps". It's a insert link to sale ad and how the deal went. That's it. This isn't High School where who likes you matters and your social clique. It's a system to easily identify who is good to go, who to be wary of and who to avoid all together. It seems that very few are interested in this so I guess it's a mute point. Carry on

Latest posts

Top Bottom