• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And if all that isn't bad enough, this Goober, Philip Levine, wants to Ban Assault Weapons if elected as Florida's next Governor. He's playing that sympathy card and the minimum wage card.

Yeah and he's even spouted off like the other Demo Greene they are depending on their wealth to buy them into the office...Hope Desantis wipes the flor up with them nut cases and Bill Nelson gets sent to the retirement center or underneath the rock in which he came from!

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Label them what you want. I don't care.

I call them spineless short-sighted egotistical ungrateful annoying whiny wastes of societal resources.

Unfortunately, too many elected pushovers listened to them...

You should probably address this to FLT since he labeled them, not me.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Relax everyone... it's a fairly well-written law with some safeguards built it.

Some months back I attended a rather large briefing and the general attitude by LE and Administration was PRO GUN.

This law REQUIRES that firearms be surrendered to a responsible person vs. being taken by LE if the person subject to the RPO so requests it. This is non-negotiable. Only issue is will the person know they can make such a request...

The Judge issuing RPO's will do so only under a CLEAR AND CONVINCING legal standard, which is a pretty high standard... simple words and testimony won't cut it. There will have to be clearly identifiable and demonstrated behaviors to reach the C&C standard.

The briefing indicated that yes, all requests had been approved thus far BUT it was because the cases were pretty straight forward and clear.

Lastly, think about it, this law starts to acknowledge AND tie MENTAL HEALTH to the issue of gun violence vs. the pure ownership of firearms per se. I see it as moving in the right direction as it goes to the root of the problem verifiable mental illness, not gun ownership.

If I or my folks run into this, I'm making sure the effected person is aware of the choice to have their firearms surrendered to a responsible third party vs. LE seizure. I'm not much for any more gun control related laws... but this is not a bad law at all and is a start in the right direction for all of us who value our 2nd Amendment rights.

Last edited:

oyeme!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know that for the upcoming primary, DeSantis is by far the best candidate. Putnam is owned by large corporate donors that want ever increasing numbers of cheap labor, i.e. illegals. DeSantis's latest ad with his wife showing him teaching their kids about the wall and MAGA is quite funny.
    Scott has his issues but my goodness, Nelson is like the crypt keeper. He will be well into his 80's if elected again before his term expires! He also has never supported this administration regardless of what his ads say. I am hoping that if enough people write him (I have) asking that he vote for Judge Kavanaugh, that he will swing over and support him. He may think it's his only chance.
    However, we have a bunch of house reps that need our supports or everything that has been started will come to a standstill. Please vote for the Rs, not because they all deserve to win, but because they are needed to keep the majority in the House of Representatives.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Relax everyone... it's a fairly well-written law with some safeguards built it.

Some months back I attended a rather large briefing and the general attitude by LE and Administration was PRO GUN.

This law REQUIRES that firearms be surrendered to a responsible person vs. being taken by LE if the person subject to the RPO so requests it. This is non-negotiable. Only issue is will the person know they can make such a request...

The Judge issuing RPO's will do so only under a CLEAR AND CONVINCING legal standard, which is a pretty high standard... simple words and testimony won't cut it. There will have to be clearly identifiable and demonstrated behaviors to reach the C&C standard.

The briefing indicated that yes, all requests had been approved thus far BUT it was because the cases were pretty straight forward and clear.

Lastly, think about it, this law starts to acknowledge AND tie MENTAL HEALTH to the issue of gun violence vs. the pure ownership of firearms per se. I see it as moving in the right direction as it goes to the root of the problem verifiable mental illness, not gun ownership.

If I or my folks run into this, I'm making sure the effected person is aware of the choice to have their firearms surrendered to a responsible third party vs. LE seizure. I'm not much for any more gun control related laws... but this is not a bad law at all and is a start in the right direction for all of us who value our 2nd Amendment rights.

Since I don't know you, but you seem comfortable identifying yourself as current LE, I have a few questions maybe you can answer for the group.

1) What exactly is the "Clear & Convincing" standard you refer to? I don't remember seeing any of that verbiage in the legal text of the law.

2) How much evidence or background information is LE given when presented with one of these seizure orders? Meaning: can you tell if the "C&C" standard was actually met, or do you have to push the "I believe" button.

3) If the RPO is supposed to be about protecting someone/others from risk, what is the LE guidance for letting the person go for a drive, cut up their steak dinner, practice with their hunting compound bow or crossbow in the backyard, chop some firewood with an axe or chainsaw, do some landscaping with a machete, or maybe some big-ice-to-little-ice action with an ice-pick. Any part of the law mentioned in those big LE briefings mention how to handle other weapons than simply guns and ammo?

4) Don't LE take an oath concerning the Constitution? At what point will LE be able to make a stand and refuse to enforce a blatantly Unconstitutional order?

These are serious questions. You put yourself out there to tell us all to "relax". I'm curious about your perspective.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can help with some of it. Beyond a reasonable doubt or to a moral certainty is the criminal standard for conviction - call it 99.99%. By the preponderance or greater weight of the evidence is the civil standard so call it 51%. Clear and convincing is somewhere in between so call it 75%.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you guys been paying attention, almost 500 people have already had their guns seized using this new law so safeguards or not quite a few people are loosing their guns thanks to it.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lots of anger ex wives and liberal busybodys , would be my guess. About 490 of them any way.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Piss off the wrong person and by by guns, no law restricting access to your guns in anyway is well written.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well the good news is that the man who signed that law will probably be our next US senator.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well the good news is that the man who signed that law will probably be our next US senator.

He'll be better then that SCROAT Bill Nelson... case of best of 2 evils....

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Seems they will have to do a thorough search of your property for them since many are not recorded/registered? Also the ones they do take are now definitely recorded/registered for posterity, correct? My main worry is one of my kids will speak out of turn at school about daddy's hobby...

Top Bottom