• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I see.
    If anybody needs free plastic buckets, let me know, one of my stores tosses them away by the pallet.

Yes but does yours come with Free Gulf Coast Air??? ha ha

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Frank, they’re in Downtown Pensacola, on Palafox. I’ll check today and see how many there are.
    Ken, I can do you better than that and fill them with Gulf Coast methane if you’d like.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went in today since I got a $15 off (w/ purchase + $75) coupon in the mail. I bought a inflate PFD. Everything looks like before, high dollar but a purty good selection of fishing stuff!!!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just sent the wife on a mission to Gander Outdoors since I am in Abidjan Africa with the coupon to pick up some more 12 GA Mini Shells. Man what a deal...

They are on sale for 14.99 a box plus they gave 10% off (goodsam member) plus the $15 off coupon.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    What do y’all use the mini shells in , Shockwave?
    I stopped in Gander Thursday. Looked a lot like the old store. No bargains jumped out at me. Glock mags were about double what I could order on-line.
    Nobody asked if they could help me.
    Employees seemed pre-occupied.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What do y’all use the mini shells in , Shockwave?
    I stopped in Gander Thursday. Looked a lot like the old store. No bargains jumped out at me. Glock mags were about double what I could order on-line.
    Nobody asked if they could help me.
    Employees seemed pre-occupied.

Yes Mossberg Shockwave and 500 / 590... With the adapter http://www.opsolmini-clip.com/

They also work well in the Keltec KSG

Two points deducted for the Rem Tac-14 "1" less capacity than then shockwave and no adapter for Mini Shells

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I busted up in there today for a look around. Nice selection, was approached several times by employees asking if I needed help. Bought a pair of shoes I didn't think I needed............till my wife told me I did.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hadn't read the retraction of the CEO...good to know as I drove by the store...muttered hmmmm...on the list with Target, camping world and any other business dumb enough to alienate 50% (more in our area) of their customers....I'll have to drop by next time I'm in the area. I'd really like to see this whole business about not being able to buy certain firearms across state lines w/out a ffl x-fer...but alas, I may not see that anytime soon...sucks for those who live near state lines.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    My wife and I went over to Gander this morning. They had some nice stuff, but nothing we could not live without. The firearm prices I saw were a bit high, but not outrageous. The ammo I looked at was reasonably priced. The 5.11 Tactical apparel was MSRP, the same as Academy, but Gander had a wider assortment.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Parking lot was packed at 0930 this AM.
    I believe that today is a "sale". ----- SAWMAN

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Stopped by briefly on Thursday. Price tags show two prices, usually. The large font price is for "club members", and it's the cheapest. Firearms rep said they would be buying used firearms at the store for resale. However, when Gander Moutain's inventory of used guns was liquidated, that was it. Until it's replenished somehow, or Gander Outdoors is able to move "used gun" inventory between stores, the only "source" of used firearms you'll see on those shelves will be from locals. And if/when they offer gunsmithing services, they'll have to ship the item to their shop in Wisconsin (or something ridiculous like that).

Employees were nice. Multiple veteran, Gold-Star family, and Purple Heart recipient reserved spots in the parking lot. And the flag pole is tall and topped with a huge Stars & Stripes.

It has potential. We'll see what they make of it.

Gamegetter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ill tell you my experience at Gander Outdoor's so called "Grand Opening". First, I was taken back that for a Grand Opening there were no freebies to draw people into the store. I did see those stupid plastic 5 gal. buckets, the wife wanted me to bring one home for the yard, but on Sat. 8/4 the cashier told me they weren't giving them away that day, it was the following day (Sun.) No big deal, I was there to shop for a new featherweight .308 rifle in either Tikka or Win. model 70 and to the store's credit it had a decent inventory. They had both rifles that interested me. I looked at the ones they had and the sales clerks on both days were very helpful and attentive. One person posted to this thread that the store looked great inside. Personally, to me, in a previous life having been in retail, I thought the merchandise was not displayed as well and orderly as the old Gander Mountain, which incidentally, had many more firearms in its inventory. The rifle that I zeroed in on while looking there was the Model 70 featherweight- sweeeet, let me tell you. The only hiccup was the 3 stage safety was a little loud and took two fingertips to lock it into the safety's 3rd position. The tip of the safety was pointed and felt a little sharp when I worked the safety. I came back again on Sunday to look at it once again and decided that when I bought a rifle I could overlook that slight issue and it would be the Win 70. On the way out, the cashier had those "free" buckets at the end of the counter. Asked again and she said oh, no you have to spend $25 or more or join the Good Sam club! Seriously? That told me all that i need to know. The prices were about the same as before and this new company can't even throw a decent grand opening. Trust me on this- you heard it from the old Gamegetter-Gander Outdoors, won't last long IMHO. Until then, i'll still go in there, while it's hot outside, to look at guns, but I will buy them elsewhere.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    About a week ago I was in the store. The mgr convinced me to get (buy) a "good deal" card.
    I spent $10. to get a card that gave me 5% discount on everything in the store for 1 year.
    Yesterday,in the mail,comes two Good Sam membership cards (like a credit card) good for 1 year. Both had my name on them.
    Wondering if I get any other good deals from Good Sam that the mgr failed to inform me of. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Had my eye on a Kimber or a Browning. Let's see . . . 5% off a $800 - $900 gun saves me how much ??

Last edited:

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They should have given you the brochure. Look good sam up on the net. 15% off on propane at camping world, 5% off on gas 8% off on diesel at flying J truckstop. A bunch of other discounts too

Top Bottom