• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Stopped by today, Sunday, July 29 around 10am to check out the new store. WOW. I'm impressed with the inventory that they have. Lots of "black rifles". and everything in between. Lots of ammo too. Their Grand Opening will be Saturday, August 4th. It is very much like the old Gander Mountain. I didn't get a chance to check/compare prices, but so far I'm impressed. They certainly have the biggest American flag in town. Cool!!! OOPS, I meant to post this in the Off-Topic section. Sorry Mods. My bad.

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dang, I drove by at about that time and the time listing on the door had no opening time for Sunday so I figured closed. I was going to see if they planned any grand opening sales for next weekend. I do not see anything on the web, so I will have to get by next week.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dang, I drove by at about that time and the time listing on the door had no opening time for Sunday so I figured closed. I was going to see if they planned any grand opening sales for next weekend. I do not see anything on the web, so I will have to get by next week.

There were only three cars in the parking lot when I drove up, and the store looked closed. I saw a guy coming out of the store and lights on in the store, so I figured it was open. I walked up the the door and the door opened up. The store did look closed though. As you said, there was no open time for Sunday on the little sign in the window.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Stopped by today, Sunday, July 29 around 10am to check out the new store. WOW. I'm impressed with the inventory that they have. Lots of "black rifles". and everything in between. Lots of ammo too. Their Grand Opening will be Saturday, August 4th. It is very much like the old Gander Mountain. I didn't get a chance to check/compare prices, but so far I'm impressed. They certainly have the biggest American flag in town. Cool!!! OOPS, I meant to post this in the Off-Topic section. Sorry Mods. My bad.

Funny the wife and I were also there at that same time. There was hardly anyone in there so we probably walked by each other.

I talked to a couple of employees and sounds like they are going to be adding alot more stock and plan on being a Class 3 dealer so they will be stocking suppressors at some point. I asked about Full Autos??? of course probably not. LOL

We went ahead and renewed our good sams membership (www.goodsam.com) was a member before because we do use the RV alot, but Gander Outdoors is owned by Camping World and the membership gets you 10% off everything in the store less sale items. I bought a few RV things and bought a few boxes of the 12GA Mini Shells and got my Free Bucket!!!

What I really find ironic is I do recall back when the Camping world CEO owner what ever he is Marcus Lemonis is the one back in the day that stated "If you’re OK with what Trump said, don’t shop at my business" but of course later wrote an apology, asking for forgiveness for his comments. Ha ha

But either way great store I think they will be giving Academy a run for there money.

Added Pic of my free Bucket. Not sure if they are just handing them out or because I renewed my good sam membership there.

sVFItMP.jpg

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I got two buckets. Mine came with pooper lids cause i'm old.
    Also,in the parking lot,three spaces with signs other than handicapped: 1. Gold Star Famalies. 2. Purple Heart. 3. Vererans
    First time I had ever seen this. Went back in and thanked the manager. BTW . . . his is a Gold Star Family ---- SAWMAN

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got in there this morning. Snagged some mini shells (good tip out SAW) and was greeted in the gun section by an older guy, retired Marine I believe, that had opened and closed the Gander Mountain store there. He was glad to be back, and I was glad to see him as he seems more knowledgeable that most box store employees! Asked about snake shot (CCI .45 Colt #4), and he said they would get some in soon. At the check out, cashier saw my military ID and said they were asking management to extend the military discount for retirees as well as active duty. Asked if they would have any sales deal for grand opening, but cashier was not sure as they have not been told yet.

Doubt I will sign up for the Good Sams Club, but have to do more research on it.

EDIT: they were handing out the buckets.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I was going to saw the owner told us not to shop there if we support Trump and believe in his policies, I do so will take him at his word.. F***OFF A**HOLE

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was going to saw the owner told us not to shop there if we support Trump and believe in his policies, I do so will take him at his word.. F***OFF A**HOLE

Glad to see the "owner" isn't afraid to stand up for what is right instead of groveling for a dollar.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah all he was worried about was what it could do to his business, he spoke his true feelings the first time and tried to coverup the harm in the letter... #boycottganderoutdoors

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    kendive, I'm sure that I saw you and your wife. You were talking to the salesman behind the counter and your wife was standing by your side. I should have worn my Gulf Coast Gun
    Forum t-shirt so that we can recognize each other, that or a secret handshake, lol. I forgot to add that I got my free bucket too. They were giving them out with purchase of $25.00 or more. I bought a Tipton "Gun Butler." It was the only one they had in stock. I think I will get a lot of use out of it. I too think that they will give Academy a run for their money.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I seen all-yawl there but was wearing my PFFTTTT tee shirt and didn't want anyone to see me.
    Did anybody pick up one of them WC's for 250$'s ?? ---- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Free Gulf Coast air. Good Sam members get twice as much for half the price. :)
    I see.
    If anybody needs free plastic buckets, let me know, one of my stores tosses them away by the pallet.
    It does appear the WCs were all sold out, unfortunately, but a well priced and excellent selection otherwise, especially parts and accessories.
    Much better than academy IMO. I think it’ll do well this time around.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    nice store, got a couple boxes of ammo. nice prices on guns too. There's a nice FN .45 there I wouldn't mind having....

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I stopped by this afternoon and bought everything I needed to get started with my cva wolf. Bummer that they didnt have 7.62 x 25 tok ammo. I joined the good sam club too. Should come in handy when we start doing trips in the bus. 8 cents off a gallon of diesel will add up. I saw the stack of buckets as I was leaving, asked the cashier, and she said grab one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom