• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Shield grip is small to me 9mm really like xds what you think? also like the feel of XD mod 2 subcompact and great trigger - lets hear it!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I've got big hands and the xds is comfortable even though my hand swallows it. Shield feels wierd. Best to at least put one in your hand. Some melt in your hand and feel great others just feel unnatural. If it's uncomfortable you won't enjoy it no matter how much cheaper it is.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I just left academy looking at a mod 2. Little bigger than both other guns but holds more ammo. Felt great.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably the first decision you need to make is whether or not a single stack like the XDs and Shield is a must. If not, then a larger double stack like the Mod2 Subcompact would definitely be more comfortable to shoot. I owned two XDs, 3.3 and 4.0. I loved them, but after a while I decided the difference in thickness between that and a double stack didn't make much of a difference to me since I don't pocket carry anyways. Then I went with a Mod2 Subcompact. I absolutely love it. Although the new Sig 365 has me intrigued. But going to give it some time to let others prove its reliability before I buy.

In the end, they're all great guns and you can't go wrong. Just depends on you, and how you want to carry it.

Bubba45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    think i like the xds for the 1911 feel of it, but the extra rounds of the xd -cant lookover that 12 in flush mag 16 in extended appreciate the info

Last edited:

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Walther PPS M2. Liked it so much I bought three of them, one for me, one for my son, and one for the wife :smile:. Whatever you get consider putting a Talon grip on it. Makes a big difference on a polymer frame pistol IMHO.

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have owned both the xds and the Shield, 9mm and 40 s&w, for me the Shields shoot better. The Shields grip was a bit too narrow so I added a Hogue slip on and it fits very good now. Really, you can't go wrong with either one, just go with what feels best and you shoot the best, both will give you good service I believe.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have an XD, easy gun to shoot, I like it a lot, Shot the other a while back, but It didn't feel as good as my XD Just me though...

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ha...that solves the problem! My shield is my preferred edc. I don't own an xds, but do own a subcompact xd, double stack w/ 3" bbl. I shoot that gun really well but it is a thicker double stack. Just picked up a M&P 2.0 w/ 3.6" bbl and out of the box, it feels slightly thinner/more compact so I'll put it through its paces and see if I want to invest in a holster.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I have a shield. I have never looked at the XD, but to throw a totally different option - I came across a good deal on the Sig 320 compact with the red dot. It is a little bigger than the sheild but I have carried it a bunch this summer IWB and it has not been an issue.

Top Bottom