• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Upgrading my mil spec trigger. I'm specifically looking between a rise 434 and a rise 535. I've also been told that the elf triggers are something I should look into.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Some of your choices will be: Flat or curved trigger . . . Trigger "pack" or individual parts . . . Single or double stage . . . Colors(gold,red,green,etc) . . . Weights of letoff . . . Etc.
    APPLICATION --- > What this weapon will be used for should figure into your decission greatly. Cost also. How light do you want/need the letoff to be will somewhat increase cost. You can easily spend $300 for a good (great !!) trigger.
    Or . . . you can simply buy a reduced weight trigger and hammer spring. Polish the pins until they shine like chrome,put a small dab of high quality grease in just the right spots . . . and . . . go shoot.
    I have AR Gold triggers in some of my guns. Are they worth it ?? That is up to the individual to decide. I also have a gun with a 9lb milspec trigger with tons of creep and overtravel. It will forever stay that way.
    Choice is yours. Let us know what you find and install. ---- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Upgrading my mil spec trigger. I'm specifically looking between a rise 434 and a rise 535. I've also been told that the elf triggers are something I should look into.

What is the purpose for the upgrade and what kind of performance are you looking to get out of a trigger? Additionally, are you looking for a single stage or 2-stage? Why a drop-in? flat bow or curved? Trigger pull weight? What is your budget?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I’ve had many different triggers. The best I’ve found so far was the JP, but that has a lot of adjustment screws, which I see as failure points to mess with, and was a single stage and I prefer two stage. As far as 2 stage straight drop ins, Wilson Combat Match 2 stage is phenomenally clean, followed by Geissele SD-E, which is just as light, though not quite as clean, but I love the feel of the flat blade.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My hunting/target triggers . . . I want them to break like the snap/breaking of a small glass rod.
    NO creap . . minimal to no overtravel.
    Yes . . . I have some exactly like that. ---- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    the rise are single stage 3.5#. mainly just target shooting. the factory trigger is very heavy and lots of travel. reset is terrible. i can pull the trigger as fast as i can and feels like its shooting very slow.

i just like to make noise. will never hunt with it, but i would like to get some accuracy out of it.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    curved or flat really doesnt make a difference to me. i went in tgd firearms and pulled on the rise triggers they have and that RA 535 flat blade sure just trip fast. i like it the most, just wasnt sure what other drop in triggers were good. would like to spend around 150 but would go to 200 if it was worth it

lantac is another brand, but i dont know anything about them, other than rise makes their triggers. the lantac is black trigger, which i prefer. the rise 535 is a raw aluminum or anodized look

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Geissele is the highest regarded and most tested type of trigger for an AR15.
    They also have great customer service, and an offering for every budget, if you also consider their ALG sister company and their collaborations with Brownells.

Good luck and shoot straight.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Geissele is the highest regarded and most tested type of trigger for an AR15.
    They also have great customer service, and an offering for every budget, if you also consider their ALG sister company and their collaborations with Brownells.

Good luck and shoot straight.

I have two rifles with their G2S triggers. One in my .308 and one in a standard 5.56. My .308 shot OK but had a horrible trigger. Once I slapped the G2S in the rifle, the gun shot like a dream and my groups tightened up a ton! The G2S is basically the same as their more expensive SSA model for a fraction of the cost. Simple drop in replacement too. I enjoy the nice clean crisp two stage that it provides.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The previous posters have a great deal more experience than me. I put a CMC 3.5 lb flat trigger in one of my 2 AR 15’s and like it so much better than the factory trigger. It breaks crisp with no creep and the reset is short. I paid $147 if I remember correctly when it was on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The Geissele HSNM with DMR springs is pretty sweet too

I may be confused but I thought drop ins were different. ATC, CMC, Elftmann, JP, Rise, and Timney Calvin Series

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I have never used the Rise trigger, but I have used a Timney and they are really nice (just a tad bit too much over travel for me). I switched it out and currently run a Geissele SSA-E on my 5.56 AR. With that said, I built a 300 blkout and with that trigger, I had extra parts from the original AR build and used the Mil Spec trigger with a 25 cent trigger job + JP Enterprise springs (yellow) + a grip screw trigger adjuster. For $30 dollars plus some of your time polishing your trigger parts, you have a IMHO nice trigger pull and reset. If you got the $$ I don't think you could go wrong with a Geissele or Timney, but for $30 (looking at JoeBob's site prices on the spring and grip adjuster) it may be worth a shot.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm a big fan of geiselle. They run sales often around the major holidays, I have SD-3 triggers in both of my DD rifles. They're more than most folks need.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I'm a big fan of geiselle. They run sales often around the major holidays, I have SD-3 triggers in both of my DD rifles. They're more than most folks need.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    most of their triggers are 200+ one reason i had omited them as a selection.
    the more i look, the more trigger brands i find. most of them are usa made. a novice like me i could probably pick any of them an not know the difference. lol

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    most of their triggers are 200+ one reason i had omited them as a selection.
    the more i look, the more trigger brands i find. most of them are usa made. a novice like me i could probably pick any of them an not know the difference. lol

If you are willing to go with a really good 2-stage (not a drop-in), LaRue Tactical has their MBT-2S for $87. You will not find any better trigger for that low of a price anywhere. When these triggers first came out, they were $250. They are one of the very best triggers on the market. I have four of them in use and I just bought two more.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger/

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The previous posters have a great deal more experience than me. I put a CMC 3.5 lb flat trigger in one of my 2 AR 15’s and like it so much better than the factory trigger. It breaks crisp with no creep and the reset is short. I paid $147 if I remember correctly when it was on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have had the CMC flat trigger in 3 AR's now. I like them and have not had a single problem with them.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I have had the CMC flat trigger in 3 AR's now. I like them and have not had a single problem with them.

the issues i see with the CMC triggers are people complaining that they wobble and need some type of shim or foam tape to compress them in place.

ive found a smoking deal on a rise trigger with free ship and pins. i cant decide between a straight or a curved and the rise has a bit of both. the sale price is very tempting.

Top Bottom