• ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your Social Security

*Your Social Security Card - DID YOU KNOW?*

Actually, President Kennedy and Sergeant Shriver were the first ones

to misuse the SS account, - They used SS funds to start the Peace Corps .

Not the first or last time our money has been taken from American citizens and given to foreign nations.

Things every US citizen should know and remember about Social Security and changes made.

*History Lesson on Your Social Security Card* Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this. It's easy to check out, - if you don't believe it.

Be sure and show it to your family and friends. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat or Republican.

Facts are Facts .

Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes.

Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message,

NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA)Program, – and He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary, - * No longer Voluntary *

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual Incomes into the Program,

- *Now 7.65% on the first $90,000*

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

- * No longer tax deductible *

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore,

-* would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program. *

- * Under LBJohnson the money was moved to the General Fund and Spent *

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

- * Under Clinton & Gore Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed .*

- * Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month and then finding that

we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put away'

you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the General Fund so that Congress could spend it?

*A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the

Democratically controlled House and S enate .*

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

* A: The Democratic Party .*

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

*A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate,

while he was Vice President of the US .*

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants ( AND MY FAVORITE):

*A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party ; Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,*

*began to receive Social Security payments!

The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it! *

*Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away! *

*And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!* *If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe changes will evolve.*

*But it's worth a try. How many people can YOU send this to?*

*Actions speak louder than bumper stickers*

*PLEASE DO KEEP THIS ONE ROLLING ACROSS THE COUNTRY.* *HOPEFULLY IT WILL OPEN A FEW EYES!!!!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    and don't forget, the gop is aiming to throw grandma in a wheelchair off a cliff too....after ripping babies from they mommas arms when they cross the border (illegally too, but what difference, at this point does it make)

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Boils my blood that the politicians stole the money and used it to buy votes, and of course like everybody in government nothing ever happens to them.

For another good read that will incite rage in you read how the income tax came to be, sort along the same path.

RH

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For about 12 years, I didn't have to pay into SS. An equal amount of money went into a 401 type retirement account.
    I paid into SS before and after those 12 years, but I'm pretty sure that 401 will provide me more money in retirement than SS ever would have.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am amazed often how this happens...how do the citizens allow it...well, now I know. There is sooo much sneaky, underhanded BS in Washington, it will make your skin crawl when thinking about it.

I'm preaching to the choir for the most part, but any of the "groups" of citizens can be oppressed by the majority...the "democracy" in action! People on SS are a minority in this country and and are greatly outnumbered by the people represented by our lawmakers. Dem or Rep is only superficial labels to me but there is a trend to be sure. Our money is the fuel the govt needs to run on and stay in power. And as our wealth declines an unholy alliance of sorts forms with other sources of money...like a parasite, the govt drains the life out of one resource and then moves on to another.

In the dark ages, the church was the source of money and power. Then the middle class for a short period but mostly big business...and now, full-blown crony-capitalism where law makers pass laws to favor one business over the other...each business hiring its own lobbyists to try to get ahead of the next guy...all the while, we fight wars and spend our blood and treasure fighting for our place in the world....things that make one go hmmmm

Personally, I already paid taxes on my SS once...it should be growing in value...ALOT and I find it despicable that all of this has happened but it has. Judge Napalotano has a great "rant" that all (dem and rep) should watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgGnBCDfCLM

Last edited:

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am amazed often how this happens...how do the citizens allow it...well, now I know. There is sooo much sneaky, underhanded BS in Washington, it will make your skin crawl when thinking about it.

I'm preaching to the quire for the most part, but any of the "groups" of citizens can be oppressed by the majority...the "democracy" in action! People on SS are a minority in this country and and are greatly outnumbered by the people represented by our lawmakers. Dem or Rep is only superficial labels to me but there is a trend to be sure. Our money is the fuel the govt needs to run on and stay in power. And as our wealth declines an unholy alliance of sorts forms with other sources of money...like a parasite, the govt drains the life out of one resource and then moves on to another.

In the dark ages, the church was the source of money and power. Then the middle class for a short period but mostly big business...and now, full-blown crony-capitalism where law makers pass laws to favor one business over the other...each business hiring its own lobbyists to try to get ahead of the next guy...all the while, we fight wars and spend our blood and treasure fighting for our place in the world....things that make one go hmmmm

Personally, I already paid taxes on my SS once...it should be growing in value...ALOT and I find it despicable that all of this has happened but it has. Judge Napalotano has a great "rant" that all (dem and rep) should watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgGnBCDfCLM

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here. I don't know that it will ever change, but I do wonder, based on your last paragraph, if you are paying taxes on your Social Security more than once.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do you not pay ss?

SS contains a clause aimed at "windfall elimination."
    If you work for certain govt. entities that provide a pension at retirement, your SS benefit will be reduced according to the amount of your pension.
    Because those employees would be penalized for having that pension, some of these govt. entities applied for, and were granted, exemptions and allowed to provide a SS replacement plan (401a) for their employees instead of contributing to SS.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thinking FEDERAL employees, railroad, etc., has there own plans and don't pay into SS, I think?

I think that s why Trump wants to drain the "SWAMP"

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All I know is with my luck, I'll drop dead the day after I start collecting it and never get a penny back, the wife will be happy though :Cry:.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All I know is with my luck, I'll drop dead the day after I start collecting it and never get a penny back, the wife will be happy though :Cry:.

I lost my best friend of 40 years and my closest cousin in the last couple of years, at ages 61 and 60. Neither of them lived one day of retirement or drew any SS. I turned 62 in November of '17 and started drawing SS in January of '18.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't do the 62 thing. I have to wait until I'm 65 for the Medicare to kick in, and then I might as well wait for 66 and 4 months because I'll get quite a bit more money if I do. I will probably technically never retire, my job is completely non-physical, the only parts of my body I use are my brain and index finger, I feel like George Jetson. Plus I actually like my job, so unless the brain goes or my finger falls off, I'm good until I keel over my keyboard. I'd be bored shitless if I didn't have something to do all day anyway.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't do the 62 thing. I have to wait until I'm 65 for the Medicare to kick in, and then I might as well wait for 66 and 4 months because I'll get quite a bit more money if I do. I will probably technically never retire, my job is completely non-physical, the only parts of my body I use are my brain and index finger, I feel like George Jetson. Plus I actually like my job, so unless the brain goes or my finger falls off, I'm good until I keel over my keyboard. I'd be bored shitless if I didn't have something to do all day anyway.

Good deal , keep working. Millions on welfare are counting on you.

Top Bottom