• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huntnflorida

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need a custom built turkey gun drilled and tapped. What local smith would be best for this??

huntnflorida

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m confused? More info from me?? Receiver tapped on a custom built Remington 870 20 gauge. Sumtoy has done work to several parts of the gun. Didn’t think I wanted an optic now I’d like one. Is there a local Smith that can handle this relatively simple job?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Soooooooooo . . . rcvr drilled and tapped for a pic rail on a 20ga.Rem870.
    There are several shops that can do this for you. Rick Rankin at Pensacol Lock & Gun comes to mind. They are on Garden St. in P'cola.
    Possibly Phil at Jay's Guns and Accessories on Garden St. P'cola also.
    Another possibility is jj here on this forum which I would give the buisness to if he is available.
    Make sure you understand that there is quite a bit more to this than simply drilling and taping 4 (or 6) holes so prepare for sticker shock.
    Another possibility would be to get a slug bbl with cantilevered bbl,threaded for chokes. That would be expensive also. ---- SAWMAN

huntnflorida

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve put $600 into a gun I already owned. New barrel, sumtoy lengthened and polished the forcing cone, they also polished to a mirror finish the entire inside of the barrel. Trigger job. Custom Sumtoy choke designed to shoot TSS. Phoenix kick light 5 position stock. I’m willing to put a few more dollars into it to have an extreme turkey killing machine. I’ve used Rankin before, I wouldn’t give jays one single cent. Im not familiar with JJ, does he own a shop somewhere or an at home smith? I’ve discussed this with Rankin his prices weren’t bad. I just was curious if there was someone else I could patronize. Thanks

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nice stick! Tungsten is the Shiznit I understand...they're even setting up .410s for kids

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The prices at than new gunshop are great. The drill and tap and AR front sight removal especially.
    Will stop by and check him out. Guy looks kinda familiar in the pic. ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom