• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is one of those I THINK I know the answer questions.. and I have tried to look for it online but I have not found the wording yet to verify. In USPSA, if two paper targets are stacked so that one partially covers the other, when does a shoot through count as a hit on the rear target?

I THINK (emphasis because I am not sure), its if the hole breaks the outer perf on the front target and then goes through the rear target in a scoring zone you get credit for that rear targets scoring zone. If the hole is completely inside of the perf on the front target, then the it would be recorded as a miss on the rear target. Can anyone confirm if that is right or wrong?

Thanks guys.

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for digging that up.. I swear I pull those rules up, but I guess I was in a rush and just happened to skim over the part I needed. So based on Rules 9.1.5.2 and 9.1.5.3, I think my assessment was correct all along. If the bullet hole is wholly in the scoring zone of the front target then it does not count on the back target, but if it breaks the outer perf (partially in the scoring zone of the front target) and continues through a scoring zone of the back target then it counts.

Thanks kaufdrop!

Top Bottom