• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huntnflorida

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I typically carry a kimber ultra carry. I’ve been debating picking up a Glock 43 as I have several other glocks and like them. However, this new sig has caught my attention. Anyone own one? Anyone have a reputable opinion?

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I picked one up recently and after a thorough testing with a variety of ammo, it is now my EDC. I like it so much that I sold my previous EDC, a Sig P938. I found the 938 a bit harsh when firing, especially with +P ammo, but something about the ergonomics of the 365 makes the difference like night and day. The P365 is a pleasure to shoot, and I find that follow-up shots come much more quickly. The trigger must be experiences to be believed...for a striker fired pistol, it is simply superb.

The capacity of this small pistol really is a game changer for concealed carry. I usually carry in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster and it works for me, but I will say that the size of the P365 seems to push the limit for pocket carry, and I stick to the 10-round magazine for that reason. On a belt or IWB, the 12-rounder is no problem at all.

Most folks have heard or read about problems with the earliest release of the P365, but those available now have earned a good reputation although some issues are still being reported. I've heard of strikers breaking and I've seen youtube videos that blame this on extreme "striker drag" on the primers that causes the striker tip to break. I've examined my brass and see no more evidence of drag than I've seen on other pistols, and my striker looks fine.

Bottom line is that it's my EDC and I've chosen to trust it with my life. I hope this helps.

ewgannaway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Glock 43 that sees primary use as a summer carry and is a pistol I can shoot quite accurately despite its small size. When I happened to come across a P365 for a civilized price I picked it up. While I am happy with the G43 I also realize that there just might be something better out there and, just in case I didn't care for it, the level of demand meant I could probably sell it for what I paid for it. After putting about 300 rounds of varied ammo through it, I will be putting the G43 up for sale. Increased capacity aside (although it is a nice bonus), the P365 has slightly less recoil, better sights right out of the box, and a better trigger than my tweaked Glock. This all adds up to a better shooting experience for me and overall better accuracy. This is my experience but others' may have a different take.

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Does anybody know where to buy the P365? Best price I've found is a LGS for 510.00 OTD. Looking to buy now.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    That's probably going to be a good deal from what I've seen

ewgannaway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's probably about as good as you are going to find right now AND it's in stock. Availability and price may improve in about a year just like when the Glock 43 was launched but, if you want it now, that's not a bad price. I was at a high-volume Sig dealer in Melbourne a few months back and that morning they received a huge shipment of P365s. It was like a human bee swarm in there, couldn't even get to the glass display's to see what else might be in inventory. They were priced at $499 and were flying out the door so $510 is reasonable.

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    That's kind of what I thought. Nate said they'd be 520.00 OTD from him, which I would gladly pay, but he can't get them right now.

911parrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gander Outdoor's in Pensacola has them, several in stock as of last night, $475.00 for Good Sam's club members.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    That's kind of what I thought. Nate said they'd be 520.00 OTD from him, which I would gladly pay, but he can't get them right now.

he cant get them because gander got an order of 30 of them..... gulf coast gun said they may get one in a week and its a crapshoot. said it sells in an hour

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And then there's this...
    guns-dont-killpeople-people-kill-people-sig-hold-my-beer-26996912.png

Attachments

• guns-dont-killpeople-people-kill-people-sig-hold-my-beer-26996912.png
      guns-dont-killpeople-people-kill-people-sig-hold-my-beer-26996912.png
      97.2 KB · Views: 271

ewgannaway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you are willing to do mail order Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore has them in stock for $499 right now with free shipping. I've ordered from them multiple times and was happy with the experience.

cooperjet

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m up at Gander right now buying one. They just got 24 in. If you haven’t signed up for the Good Sam membership yet they have a 3 year deal which knocks another 5% off. Knocked it down to 451.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I’m up at Gander right now buying one. They just got 24 in. If you haven’t signed up for the Good Sam membership yet they have a 3 year deal which knocks another 5% off. Knocked it down to 451.

Sweet deal there. The membership will pay for itself but you have to use it

cooperjet

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sweet deal there. The membership will pay for itself but you have to use it

It will. $75 membership. Saved almost 25 extra off the gun, plus I will get 2 $25 gift cards over the next couple months. Sounds like it’s a new promotion they are doing.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    So the membership is basically free or only 25 bucks for 3 years with the gift cards?

Bchadcherry

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Gulf Coast in MILTON/PACE had some in the other day. 499.00

Latest posts

Top Bottom