• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LMAO , he’s never been arrested or convicted of any felonies. Even you should know a person can’t get a CWP if they have any felonies on their record.
    Let us stay polite.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Charged. Mugshot. Victim Family Lawyers from T. Martin Case
    https://www.bnd.com/news/nation-world/national/article216594460.html

I'll wait for the verdict. This is far from a clear cut decision/conviction.

Allegedly two "witnesses"of similar origin incidents said defendant threatened them. Obviously lacking enough evidence for any arrest/charges.

The Prosecution must invalidate the defendants "perceptions" that very possibly include physical/mental impairment from the initial attack.

1st Defense Witness: the County Sheriff.
    Q: With your extensive law enfourcement experience, YOU, reviewed all facts and determined the Defendants Use of Lethal Force was Justified and Lawful?
    A: Yes (based on his prior Statements).
    Q: Is you Job to enforce or interpet the Law?
    A: Both but they can both be superceded by higher authority. (Common knowledge)
    Q: So the average citizen must interpet the application of the Law to a higher degree than you and general law enforcement while being violently attacked and threatened?

This will boil down to an Acquittal based on the act being justified within the law or the law being too vauge leaving a wide disparity in interpetation and application.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What has not been made clear in media is what the next legal steps in this process will be. I assume next is a request to a grand jury to seek an indictment, but not being a legal expert I am not sure.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What has not been made clear in media is what the next legal steps in this process will be. I assume next is a request to a grand jury to seek an indictment, but not being a legal expert I am not sure.

What, you mean your not lawyer ? Did you at least stay in a holiday inn last night?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What, you mean your not lawyer ? Did you at least stay in a holiday inn last night?

Motel 6 lol out loud. Actually the last time I traveled it was for my mother's 100th birthday celebration and I could not get out of that family commitment. I stayed with my nephew that was occupying a condo he got from my mother since she staying in a nicer one that she got from one of my brothers overlooking lake shore drive and Lake Michigan in Chicago.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think he will need to hire some kind of expert to talk about stress and tunnel vision and how that kept him from noticing that the man he shot had clearly started to withdraw before the shot. The perceptible delay will also have to be explained. Making sure of his sight picture?

The race issue will play against him as far as the prosecution goes. The state does not want another Zimmerman/Martin situation, so they will prosecute.

The dead man's criminal records is typically only relevant if it was known to the shooter at the time of the shooting. There are exceptions to this rule but generally, those exceptions are limited to proving the victim's intent.

Do you guys remember the Fish case in Arizona? this is the case where the gun owner shot a dog owner after the dog owner told his dogs to attack the gun owner. The judge kept out of evidence the fact that the dog owner had a violent history. ultimately the gun owner was convicted and appealed the decision excluding the dead man's violent history. The gun owner won on appeal but it took a while and a lot of money.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/terrifying-and-true-harold-fish-story

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you guys remember the Fish case in Arizona?
    I remember that. And IIRC Fish used a 10mm pistol and the prosecution tried to use that against him too, saying in effect no reasonable law-abiding person needed to have such overkill capability or some nonsense like that.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    White guy killed by black man doesn’t fit the agenda so it doesn’t get front page coverage even though the coroner labeled it homicide. Since he’s black and a college basketball coach he’s charged with misdemeanor assault instead of the manslaughter charge a white man would of been charged with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A New Yorker punches someone for knocking on a car window, looking for the Uber.

Hmmm. No CCW there. No Stand-Your-Ground law. Means they have free reign to act like THUGs...

An Armed society is a Polite society. Eventually...

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a little Uniform Criminal Report data to brighten your day :)
    Numbers really haven't changed much in the last few years either.
    blm (2).jpg

Attachments

• blm (2).jpg
      blm (2).jpg
      47.5 KB · Views: 140

Hawkins

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After watching the video on the big screen I’m not so sure pulling the trigger was necessary. May be a tough one for the jury.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    #1. Why am I supposed to believe that Fact Check site ?
    #2. Oh . . . corrected . . . now "ONLY" 9 out of 10 blacks killed are killed by other blacks.
    Question - - -> In Chicago how many people are killed per month ?? What percentage of those are black ??
    What percentage of those killed were killed by blacks ??
    Pretty sure stats that nobody wants nobody to know. ---- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sorry Saw, that wasn't intended for you. It was meant for folks who didn't already know everything, and wanted to investigate lots of different information, before deciding what to believe. Sorry if I wasted your time.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is often not a good idea discuss politics and current events, but here goes. I believe that all of us here are strong proponents of the right possess and bear arms. Regardless of what side of an issue one is on, people should recognize that much of what is read or said has errors in it, many are just mistakes and others have intentional misinformation in them. My mistake with the original data for racial homicide stats was that I did not research the source of the information. In this while President Trump may have tweeted it, he did not put that information together and accepted someone else's data that could be misinformation. Sawman does have a point in how do you know the fact checkers are correct.
    While I do not know the precise facts for sure, I do know that generally Black on Black crime is the major cause of Black Americans being victims of Homicide. Cops do kill some and on occasion some whites do too kill some blacks. A lot of this black on black killings are due to gangs.
    We also know the media have distorted unusual cases like the handicap parking killing as being representative of american Homicide. The ultimate goal of this distortion is to attack not only the right to possess and bear arms, but also the right to defend one's self with firearms and other means.
    Compounding this problem is the general fear of Americans toward black males. It is paramount for this so-called stand your ground case that we have been discussing here; the causative factor besides race was that nobody acted in polite courteous manner. Each turn of the confrontations escalated into the worst possible scenario.
    End result, one man dead leaving a family fatherless and the idiot that fired the shot even if not convicted is now paying a price and will suffer for what he did even if not convicted for the shooting.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you read it on the internet, then it must true. :gossip:

Top Bottom