• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    @FLT so someone threatening/yelling at your wife/girlfriend you would just standby and watch huh? Especially another man. Sorry how I was raised you go to the other man of the family.

It would seem that wasn’t a very smart move in this case.

arowzee727

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Wow thanks for showing the maturity of the people in this thread. Good to know you fellow gun owners will do the dumbass shit Drejka did. Go to my safe space is that your best comeback lmao. End of story Drejka shouldn't have acted like he had a badge and should have minded his own buisness. Glad you guys think this is okay and because of some dumbass laws are going to change in Florida. You do know that a election for governor is coming up right? What if a Democrat gets elected in 2018 it could happen. It is time to be smarter with our actions as ccw holders and not go looking for fights. Go ahead keep calling me names and telling me I am wrong.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    it seems that we are focused on different things. For example some of us are talking about the legality or morality of shooting a man for shoving you. Some other are focused on a more pragmatic survival lesson i.e don't start a physical altercation unless you are willing to die because it could escalate. Others are in the "I am too old to fistfight" so I will shoot you camp and point to the size and or age difference to justify the shooting.

Finally, we have the "everyone messed up and this should never have happened" crowd.

In a way everyone is partially right. It never should have happened. The woman should not have parked in the handicapped spot. The shooter should not have yelled at her for this, call the cops or write down the tag but don't confront. The BF should not have escalated a verbal argument to a physical one, and the shooter should not have escalated a push into a shooting. However, I do not accept that the BF was asking for it. Nor will I accept that the shooter was in fear of his life or of great bodily harm or a forcible felony at the moment he pull the trigger.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    it seems that we are focused on different things. For example some of us are talking about the legality or morality of shooting a man for shoving you. Some other are focused on a more pragmatic survival lesson i.e don't start a physical altercation unless you are willing to die because it could escalate. Others are in the "I am too old to fistfight" so I will shoot you camp and point to the size and or age difference to justify the shooting.

Finally, we have the "everyone messed up and this should never have happened" crowd.

In a way everyone is partially right. It never should have happened. The woman should not have parked in the handicapped spot. The shooter should not have yelled at her for this, call the cops or write down the tag but don't confront. The BF should not have escalated a verbal argument to a physical one, and the shooter should not have escalated a push into a shooting. However, I do not accept that the BF was asking for it. Nor will I accept that the shooter was in fear of his life or of great bodily harm or a forcible felony at the moment he pull the trigger.
    You are basically right so where does this leave us. World, the politicians, and the public have no idea. So where does his leave the rest of us? I have just a few more years and will try to live it as best as I can and stay out of trouble if I possibly can.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    arowzee727, you are the first one to use the "n" word, so point the flame-thrower at yourself.

As for your question of what would "those of us calling him a thug" do? Well, first of all, my wife wouldn't be having a conversation with someone who approached the car like that. Second, she sure as hell wouldn't get out of the car and walk towards him. Third, since he was the only one who remained at-a-distance, if I stumbled upon him having a heated discussion with her, I'd yell to get his attention. If he made a wrong move, then I'd escalate properly. This "blindside shove you to the ground and then hitch up my pants for more" BS is exactly what a THUG would do. And when shove became a gun threat, the THUG quickly forgot about his kid and girlfriend. He left them to deal with the threat.

I don't give two shits about the color of any of their skins. Since you obviously DO, perhaps you should chill out. That kind of immaturity will buy you a well-deserved vacation...

arowzee727

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Wow so using the word as a example everyone freaks the fuck out. I know life only exists in Gulf Coast Gun Forum. I am done with you keyboard warriors. @Snake-eyes here you go calling the guy a thug exactly what I was talking about and again we have no audio. Quit with the assumptions.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    if either of them had the proper morals and values, that the civilized world should have, one would be alive, the other would not have shot...

My husband asked me if it was known what gun he had.
    He then raised the point that what if the CCW holder had a no safety gun and had an "unintended discharge" ( because he was shaken and just waiting to see if the agressor was really retreating ), but then added we will never know because if the gun owner admits to it that would make it a negligent homocide.
    Incidently, this scenario is one reason why when pondering what type of weapon system I should choose for conceal carry I decided on the 1911 style.
    Precisely because I would rather lose that *time* that would immediately allow me to take a life for gain that the same time would give me in legal trouble and even possible wrong conviction in defending myself.

I understood that when you use a gun to defend yourself, the self defense does not end with the pull of the trigger.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wow so using the word as a example everyone freaks the fuck out. I know life only exists in Gulf Coast Gun Forum. I am done with you keyboard warriors. @Snake-eyes here you go calling the guy a thug exactly what I was talking about and again we have no audio. Quit with the assumptions.

Right or wrong, the use of "NIGGER"(there, I said it....) by people of less color tends to be frowned upon. Is Snake-eyes using the term "thug" because McGlockton is black or is it because McGlockton was actually acting like a "thug".

THUG: noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug

1. a violent person, especially a criminal.
    synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal;
    More informal: tough, bruiser, hardman, goon, heavy, enforcer, hired gun, hood, "one of Capone's thugs"

2. historical; a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

He then raised the point that what if the CCW holder had a no safety gun and had an "unintended discharge" ( because he was shaken and just waiting to see if the agressor was really retreating ), but then added we will never know because if the gun owner admits to it that would make it a negligent homocide.
    Incidently, this scenario is one reason why when pondering what type of weapon system I should choose for conceal carry I decided on the 1911 style.
    Precisely because I would rather lose that *time* that would immediately allow me to take a life for gain that the same time would give me in legal trouble and even possible wrong conviction in defending myself.

I understood that when you use a gun to defend yourself, the self defense does not end with the pull of the trigger.

Asking out of curiosity... Where in your draw stroke do you take off the safety?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The safety that matters most is your trigger finger. If you can not control that then maybe you should not be carrying a gun. On a 1911 for me as soon as the gun clears my holster and my body the safety is off. I now carry a glock. The shot the in parking lot was not in my eyes an accidental or negligent discharge. I am convinced it was retaliation.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Asking out of curiosity... Where in your draw stroke do you take off the safety?
    Thank you for asking me personally.
    I made a personal observation that mattered to me only because I am female, and being from a different cpuntry was brainwashed against guns and it took a lot of soap to clear my brain and accept the 2A.

I was afraid, mostly of myself pulling a trigger prematurely during disorientation.

I have never had to use my gun and under duress that is a question mark for me because I did not grow up in America with years of gun awareness and training.

In the face of imminent rape or death the safety wpuld be off asap on leaving the holster.
    In this scenario and the one of the waitress in a different state weeks prior to this one where the man knocked down her co worker and was feet away from her, I may draw the gun but not disengage the safety IF I felt there was enough distance and enough doubt in my gut the treat was dissipating.

I don't know.

However, what I do know is, given my background above, my lack of extensive experience with guns, my personal responses to stress and danger, the 1911 system offers me better finger discipline.
    I also do not presume I will never make a mistake and therefore humble prefer to have safety points before a point of no return.

I have been rear ended twice in a parked car and can say it does leave you disoriented.
    When I remeber this and put myself on the ground after a violent impact and possibly seeing 3 people coming at me and verbal threats, I may want tthe safety on till I gathered my senses.

I don't know.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Disorientation for certain must be considered. I read a horrible story once while staying in a motel. Elderly couple hears noise at night, man takes handgun to investigate and gets struck down. His wife later comes looking for him she tried to help him up and is mortally wounded.

That is a scenario I have not trained for and deserves some thought.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most guys don’t know either, but they will never admit that they don’t. :peep:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Disorientation for certain must be considered. I read a horrible story once while staying in a motel. Elderly couple hears noise at night, man takes handgun to investigate and gets struck down. His wife later comes looking for him she tried to help him up and is mortally wounded.

That is a scenario I have not trained for and deserves some thought.

i would recommend not investigating suspicious sounds at motels.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thank you for asking me personally.
    I made a personal observation that mattered to me only because I am female, and being from a different cpuntry was brainwashed against guns and it took a lot of soap to clear my brain and accept the 2A.

I was afraid, mostly of myself pulling a trigger prematurely during disorientation.

I have never had to use my gun and under duress that is a question mark for me because I did not grow up in America with years of gun awareness and training.

In the face of imminent rape or death the safety wpuld be off asap on leaving the holster.
    In this scenario and the one of the waitress in a different state weeks prior to this one where the man knocked down her co worker and was feet away from her, I may draw the gun but not disengage the safety IF I felt there was enough distance and enough doubt in my gut the treat was dissipating.

I don't know.

However, what I do know is, given my background above, my lack of extensive experience with guns, my personal responses to stress and danger, the 1911 system offers me better finger discipline.
    I also do not presume I will never make a mistake and therefore humble prefer to have safety points before a point of no return.

I have been rear ended twice in a parked car and can say it does leave you disoriented.
    When I remeber this and put myself on the ground after a violent impact and possibly seeing 3 people coming at me and verbal threats, I may want tthe safety on till I gathered my senses.

I don't know.

Just wondering how it would apply in this situation. I don't have a manual safety on my carry or most of my other handguns. That's my choice, just as it's yours to carry a 1911. The little bit of practice I've done with a manual safety, I always tried to get it off once it cleared the holster as I presented the pistol. While I understand your statement about the extra time it takes for a manual safety I don't think that time would have helped in this situation unless the victim/shooter trained in a manner that made safety removal a separate/distinct step in his draw (eg: present, assess threat, safety off if still threatened, shoot). While it would seem that any extra step (safety, israeli carry etc) would add time between drawing and firing I think the bigger factor is what you practice for. With that said, I still feel like the guy had made up his mind to shoot as soon as he went for the gun.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just wondering how it would apply in this situation. I don't have a manual safety on my carry or most of my other handguns. That's my choice, just as it's yours to carry a 1911. The little bit of practice I've done with a manual safety, I always tried to get it off once it cleared the holster as I presented the pistol. While I understand your statement about the extra time it takes for a manual safety I don't think that time would have helped in this situation unless the victim/shooter trained in a manner that made safety removal a separate/distinct step in his draw (eg: present, assess threat, safety off if still threatened, shoot). While it would seem that any extra step (safety, israeli carry etc) would add time between drawing and firing I think the bigger factor is what you practice for. With that said, I still feel like the guy had made up his mind to shoot as soon as he went for the gun.

I think it would apply in this situation from being "knocked out of one's senses", in this case literally, where one might chose to put the manual safety back on but still retain some authority/control in the violation.
    From a female point of view: when you perceive you have been completely dominated physically we normly go limp. With the central nervous system in that state one might not have full automomous control of the finger muscles. One could say he felt like a girl because he was completely physically owned/domination.

The discipline of the 1911 system means, to me, when I put the saftey back on my finger is off the trigger even if I am still pointing the gun. That, to me, would prevent a mistake in pulling the trigger unintentionally because I was out of my wits.

The delay in pulling the trigger could mean he made a mistake. Is it possible also it was a malfunction of the gun? I have seen videos where the shooter swears his finger was off the trigger.
    I am just presenting other possibilities rather then the obvious "retaliation" and "cold blooded" murder.
    I also have observed, at least in person, a lot of people who chose the gun with the attitude :"my finger is my saftey" "why do you need a safety?" "I don't want tobhave to worry about the safety" have been giys and girls who are overweight/weak and are essentially lazy and barely go to the range.

Maybe Drejka was one of those fat overconfident bastards, and then his motor skills failed him.

I am 47 also, like Drejka, and as much as I can't stand the millenial generation, they are not worth the $1 self defense bullet in my gun.
    So I question the retaliation theory.
    I would never engage a millenial, of any color.

Regardless, I think Drejka is a bad example to the gun community ( of all colors ) because when you are the top dog, and when you are armed you always are, you don't behave like a chihuahua.
    Already the city of Corrupwater chief of political police has pulled his trigger against the law and stood his ground with the plantation balck community.

The black guy is also a bad example to the black community because you don't use your physical power as a weapon.
    When you live like a thug you may die like a thug.

The comedic video I posted with Kevin Hart playing a thug illustrates that and shows that even within the black community they are aware of this issue. ( There is a longer version of the video where he ends up getting shot and loses his life ).

How many blacks kill other blacks in comfrontations like these? Why don't we care as much about those?
    Chicago?....

Top Bottom