• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have not heard any audio of what was saidor shouted by either the victim, witness, or suspect in this case. If you have it please share it with us.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You sir ,seem to have a lot of information that the rest of us don't , would you care to share the source of that information?
    Other than what was said, and the decresed entering the store to die, all of the rest is on the video. The attack on the stand your ground law is evident in the media presentation. What did you see, read, or hear that was different?

Below is typical media attack on self defense laws of FL

father blames law.PNG

Attachments

• father blames law.PNG
      father blames law.PNG
      48.6 KB · Views: 106

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I thought it was his own actions that got him killed. The law is simple words on paper. Can’t hurt anybody. The victim did come out with a gun and threaten the witness during the initial conversation. Nobody even knew the victim was armed until he was attacked

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Other than what was said, and the decresed entering the store to die, all of the rest is on the video. The attack on the stand your ground law is evident in the media presentation. What did you see, read, or hear that was different.

If you have audio of that event you should share it with law enforcement. It’s seems that you are the only one that knows what the conversation between the three of them was.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Other than what was said, and the decresed entering the store to die, all of the rest is on the video. The attack on the stand your ground law is evident in the media presentation. What did you see, read, or hear that was different.

If you have audio of that event you should share it with law enforcement. It’s seems that you are the only one that knows what the conversation between the three of them was.
    The conversation was evidently heated from looking at the demeanor of the skinny white guy in the video. There is no released audio. It was generally reported that profanity was used, but I obviously do not have anything to share with the police lol. So you FLT are saying that there was no argument over the handicapped parking and there was something else entirely different going on.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No ,I’m saying I don’t know what was said. You are the one making statements about what was said. I’m guessing at this point you don’t know either. Is that correct?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Neither audio or Statements taken by LE have been released. Even with the "assumptions" of foul, hostile or threatening language: the woman didn't secure herself in the car, she got out on the side nearest the person allegedly communicating it. Is that what someone who feels threatened, intimidated or scared would do? The only reason to get out and get closer is to get in his face to equal the BS or escalate the level of the encounter. Her same side exit from the car also throws a BS flag on her claim to Media that her boyfriend "was protecting her""as she was the one eliminating barriers separating them as she closed the distance to him and there has not been any report of attempted or actual physical contact between them.

I think she (like many females) got out to write a check for her boyfriend to cover when he arrived. Boyfriend delivered it but shooter cashed it in!

We always hear about the number of big city shootings per week/end/month but almost never the individual cases unless its dead black and cop or white shooter. Now tell me who is marginalizing minorities lives/deaths? This is only a hot media issue because its:
    a. White on black allowingvthe Race Card to be played for headlines and increase the racial/ political divide.
    b. Itss currently classified as defensive gun use (DGU).
    c. Gun grabbers want to discredit DGU.
    d. Gun grabbers want to repeal stand you ground type laws and Castle Doctrine laws.

A lot of people are shot/murdered at "stop & rob" stores/parking lots and it never makes the National News, unless it fits the "agenda".

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do not think its fair that the father partially blames the law for his son's death. That law exists to protect us in the event that we would have to use deadly force.

Years ago I had read that a woman was successfully prosecuted for killing a man trying to rape and kill her in HER OWN HOUSE. The prosecution apparently was able to successfully argue that she could have escaped through her basement window but instead shot and killed her assailant.

I think the state was Kansas I am not sure it was years ago and the state did not have a stand your ground type law. It blew my mind that this poor woman was convicted when she killed a guy that was attacking her in her own home.

Anyway of all the blame to go around in this case, there should be no blame placed on the stand your ground law at all IMO.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just to be clear,for both "regular" members and mods - - ->
    FOR ME . . . a "thug" can come in the form of young/old,male/female,black/white(or other),rich/poor,big/small,etc,etc.
    Being a "thug" is a way of life. It is the way you conduct yourself on a day to day basis. It is a person of low moral character. A predator. A person that has zero respect for others . . . any and all others.

Agreed. Thug is not a racial term IMO either. I think Sawman describes it pretty well.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    you can absolutely count on the fact the GF was fixing to join the BF in a game of beat the snot out of whitey...why else would she get out?

the black guy coming out of the store after the BF, had turned to go that way too, watch it again..

then he saw what was about to go down, he turned, and bolted straight..

edit, quite sure the GF was tossing plenty of profanity out too, never seen a young black woman that did not run that mouth loud...

pure speculation on what was said, no news about it, very premature to assign cause and blame based on no knowledge of the words..

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Neither audio or Statements taken by LE have been released. Even with the "assumptions" of foul, hostile or threatening language: the woman didn't secure herself in the car, she got out on the side nearest the person allegedly communicating it. Is that what someone who feels threatened, intimidated or scared would do? The only reason to get out and get closer is to get in his face to equal the BS or escalate the level of the encounter. Her same side exit from the car also throws a BS flag on her claim to Media that her boyfriend "was protecting her""as she was the one eliminating barriers separating them as she closed the distance to him and there has not been any report of attempted or actual physical contact between them.

I think she (like many females) got out to write a check for her boyfriend to cover when he arrived. Boyfriend delivered it but shooter cashed it in!

We always hear about the number of big city shootings per week/end/month but almost never the individual cases unless its dead black and cop or white shooter. Now tell me who is marginalizing minorities lives/deaths? This is only a hot media issue because its:
    a. White on black allowingvthe Race Card to be played for headlines and increase the racial/ political divide.
    b. Itss currently classified as defensive gun use (DGU).
    c. Gun grabbers want to discredit DGU.
    d. Gun grabbers want to repeal stand you ground type laws and Castle Doctrine laws.

A lot of people are shot/murdered at "stop & rob" stores/parking lots and it never makes the National News, unless it fits the "agenda".
    Definitely correct about agendas.
    I had to visit chicago over the week end to attend a 100 yr birthday celebration of a close relative. Just from about saturday midnight to 6 am Sunday morning more than 30 were shot.
    For the entire weekend
    CHICAGO – At least 72 people were shot, including 12 fatally, over the weekend in Chicago, another eruption of violence in a city that has struggled with murders and shootings in recent years even as the national homicide rate hovers near historic lows. ..................
    Thirty-nine people were shot, including five fatally, in a roughly seven-hour span late Saturday and early Sunday.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...nce-leaves-71-shot-11-dead-weekend/914141002/
    Almost all as I understand it was black on black.

And get what the police want
    Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson blames the violence, in part, on gun laws that he said aren't stringent enough to dissuade criminals from using a weapon. He said police need more help from the community, so authorities can identify, arrest and prosecute culprits.

But one skinny stupid white guy kills a black man after he was assaulted and this becomes 5,000 times more important than the circumstances that normally kill people are not white on black racial differences and with self-defense laws having little to do with it.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good grief you guys still discussing this "stand your ground" case? Let the cops and prosecutors figure it out, none of you know all the facts or the law as evidenced by most of the comments. was the shooter over 65, then by hitting him the thug would have a felony charge against him and given the shooter even more legal cover.. give it a rest till the facts come out

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Caucasian and Negro in the opening headlines, race baiters trying to get a trail by media. He was charged with manslaughter, I’ll give good odds that he will be acquitted. There will be a few folks on the jury that wouldn’t just take an ass stomping with a smile .

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty much what I thought was going to happen.
    Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri announced July 20 that his agency was precluded from arresting Drejka because evidence showed it was "within the bookends of stand your ground and within the bookends of force being justified," which provides immunity from arrest, the sheriff said. He forwarded the case Aug. 1 to the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's Office to make a final charging determination.
    State Attorney Bernie McCabe's decision to charge Drejka signals that prosecutors believe they can show by "clear and convincing" evidence that a stand your ground defense is not applicable in Drejka's case.
    I suspect Drejka will not do well in prison. At least there is not a lot of illegal parking in handicap parking there.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m betting he won’t see any prison time , any time a Caucasian shoots a Negro there is a out cry from the family members for justice. The shover has a police record for aggravated battery ,resisting arrest with violence ,dealing cocaine and several charges of processing. He’s not the choir boy the media and liberals want folks to believe.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m betting he won’t see any prison time , any time a Caucasian shoots a Negro there is a out cry from the family members for justice. The shover has a police record for aggravated battery ,resisting arrest with violence ,dealing cocaine and several charges of processing. He’s not the choir boy the media and liberals want folks to believe.

That record was of course available to Drejka when he ran the vehicle plates or license through the computer in his Parking Marshal Cruiser, and have a whole lot of bearing on the incident.

No wait, he wasn’t resisting arrest, it’s simple battery and unless Drejka was trying to buy and 8 ball.... but if we wanna bring up prior actions, anyone know if Drejka has had any other incidents involving firearms and vehicles?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LMAO , he’s never been arrested or convicted of any felonies. Even you should know a person can’t get a CWP if they have any felonies on their record.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    sounds like the incidents started after he got his license.

Latest posts

Top Bottom