Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What you all think?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    GREAT !!!! Another street thug goes down.
    I am old and disabled. I WILL NOT TAKE A BEATING. PERIOD !!! ---- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Big dude and that was a hell of a push. I can understand being afraid of further injury at that point. I wasn't on the receiving end of the push and all I've got to go off of if the video but it looks like the assault stops after the push. It kind of looked (my opinion) like the guy was just set on pulling an shooting. I'm not going to fault the guy for pulling but it seemed (my opinion) that there was an awful lot of time there for him to realize the attack had stopped.

Guys dead because of parking in a handicapped spot, other guy wanted to make it an issue, original guy didn't feel like taking shit.

Some times it's best to let... It... Slide.

God willing, if I ever have to defend my family, self or someone else, I hope it's not over some stupid shit like this.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Personally I wouldn't want killing somebody on my conscience over some dumb shit like that...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'd be very surprised if this doesn't eventually end up with him in jail or a severe civil suit. Violence and death over a parking spot...a parking spot.
    Seems like everyone is so quick to go to guns these days. I second what Little Jacks stated, there is a clear pause in the altercation before a shot is fired. That's going to be a hard sale...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just my 2 cents and some may not agree but.......

I have seen enough death to know the value of life, to that end...

When I am making use of my CCW, I look at it this way. I won the fight already. I do not need to start or participate in verbal altercations that could potentially escalate into the use of force costing a fellow citizen his life. I am no cop and no vigilante. I carry to protect myself, my family, and in extremis cases protect the lives of innocents around me.

All that said, verbal assault and physical assault are two very different things and once things get physical, the jump to deadly force to preserve life can come in the blink of an eye. Based on what I saw on the video the guy did physically assault the shooter but it seemed to me at least that that was the extent of it. He was a big guy who looks like he could handle himself and after he pushed the guy he in no way pursued him. If the shooter felt the need to draw, ok I get it but I did not see any forward movement from the assaulter that would have "made me fear for my life." Long and short of it I do not believe it was a good shooting from I saw on the video but like all things, I do not know all the facts behind it enough to be 100% sure one way or the other. I would need to know the whole backstory and see the uncensored video. All I know is like John B said, I would not want a fellow citizens life on my conscious over some dumb stuff like that.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My take is bunch of arrogant, ignorant, mean-spirited people all doing discourteous and stupid things.

The car should not have been parked in the handicapped parking spot, The skinny white guy should not have been offensive while telling her to move the car, the lady should have moved the car, the boy friend should not have shoved the little guy onto the ground, and little guy on the ground should not have fired his gun. Clearly the shot was more in retaliation then in self-defense.
    The skinny little white guy had a history of harassing people over parking about that convenience store. I think he is likely crazy, but likely not enough to get off if he gets charged and brought to trial. He is supposed to have threatened to shoot someone previously at that store.

Last edited:

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A lot of poor decisions all around, none of which justify someone losing their life. If you want to enforce parking laws, go to the academy and become LEO...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guarantee the state attorney will be filling charges on this... Yes the dude got shoved down and of course the media is saying the guy who got shot was defending his girlfriend and kids. The dude was telling the girlfriend to move her car due to being illegally parked, no violence involved. Dude that got killed, pressed the issue and used force. Now if he would have gone after the dude on the ground after the push, shooting would be good but the guy was walking away when he got shot sooooo the charges will be filed...

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Plenty of blame to go around on this one. Nobody really did the right thing.

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Said it hundreds of times,,,,, If you go looking for trouble, chances are very good that you will find it.

curious how he was shot in the chest, if "he was walking away"?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Guarantee the state attorney will be filling charges on this... Yes the dude got shoved down and of course the media is saying the guy who got shot was defending his girlfriend and kids. The dude was telling the girlfriend to move her car due to being illegally parked, no violence involved. Dude that got killed, pressed the issue and used force. Now if he would have gone after the dude on the ground after the push, shooting would be good but the guy was walking away when he got shot sooooo the charges will be filed...

agreed, but I think county has already said no charges..

mistakes all around.

edit. https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-gunman-not-charged-killing-151300042.html

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Big dude and that was a hell of a push. I can understand being afraid of further injury at that point. I wasn't on the receiving end of the push and all I've got to go off of if the video but it looks like the assault stops after the push. It kind of looked (my opinion) like the guy was just set on pulling an shooting. I'm not going to fault the guy for pulling but it seemed (my opinion) that there was an awful lot of time there for him to realize the attack had stopped.

Guys dead because of parking in a handicapped spot, other guy wanted to make it an issue, original guy didn't feel like taking shit.

Some times it's best to let... It... Slide.

God willing, if I ever have to defend my family, self or someone else, I hope it's not over some stupid shit like this.

amen

one has the responsibility to walk softly, talk softly, act softly when you have the means to end a life very close to your hand...

so take a verbal ass whopping, so what?

now 3 kids have to relive that moment many times, probably just made 3 new thug/thuggettes out of them, they will hate whitey now. shame..

I see a large portion of the blame on the girl, she should have moved, that is rude to take a
    handicapped spot

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Plenty of blame to go around, but the bottom line is do thug sh%^, thug sh%^ will happen to you.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Plenty of blame to go around, but the bottom line is do thug sh%^, thug sh%^ will happen to you.

true that, I am willing to bet he would be breathing air right now, if he had not shoved him down...

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This just goes to show what I’ve been saying for years.
    You just never know who you are dealing with so don’t mess with somebody unless it is justified. Really, really justified. Important stuff, not a handicapped parking space.
    What if the woman had shot him when he went over to her car?
    The big guy figured this would be an easy way to look like a big man in front of his son and baby momma. His plan backfired.
    I can’t say that I wouldn’t do the same thing if I had been on the ground looking up at that big dude.
    You don’t know if he’s going to come at you again or if he’s got a weapon.
    I’m 63 years old, have a lot of aches and pains and not as spry as I used to be.
    And like Sawman says, I’m not taking a butt whipping and I’m not going to roll around in a parking lot with a guy 40% larger than me and half my age.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow!!!! I think this is the first time we have all agreed on a post. There have been some really good points made by everybody. I can't think of a thing to add.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I think there was a second shooter in the grassy knoll, and that it was that shooter and not the skinny white guy who killed the boyfriend.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Sheriff, in my opinion, has made a bad interpretation of the stand your ground law and this guy will be charged and likely convicted when it's all said and done. It doesn't state you have the right to employ deadly force if you reasonably fear simply being harmed. He only had the right to respond with equivalent force but not deadly force. It has to be reasonable fear of death, great bodily harm, or preventing the commission of a forcible felony to use deadly force.

This guy is a complete goober, not to mention coward, and not at all who I want to be the face of legally armed citizens in Florida. Or that douchbag Zimmerman for that matter but at least he had a legit argument with his head being repeatedly slammed into the concrete and all. This guy is on camera shooting an unarmed retreating man square in the chest. It's not justifiable in my opinion. But I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

Top Bottom