• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I wouldn’t have been scolding anyone over a parking spot since I quit drinking. If I was shoved to the ground like that with my back I would of needed an ambulance because I don’t think I could of gotten up after hitting the pavement that hard. Laying on the pavement and seeing the big man who just inflicted bodily harm advancing I would of drawn my carry piece and most likely would have had tunnel vision focused on the sob coming at me again and don’t know if I would of realized he stopped when my weapon was drawn. I would of been in intense pain and focused solely on not allowing myself to be injured again.
    I wouldn’t have been scolding anyone over a parking space. I did that once many years ago when I blocked a car in due to the parking lot being full, the guy who I had blocked came out of the bar and asked me to move and when I told him let me get a drink first he said to either move it or he would shove it out of the way. I didn’t get the drink and my buddy pulled me off him when I was still pounding him as he lay on the ground. Crap like that is why I quit drinking as I had to be told why my knuckles were banged up the next day. I drank until I blanked out and 99% of the time no one knew it until I would pick a fight over the most inane bull sh1t. Almost 30 years clean and sober

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If any of the three had of done the right thing , then everyone would have got to go home. For those of you that will just let yourself get stomped, you have more courage than I do, for those of you that would try to enforce parking regulations you're dumber than I am, for the ones that aren’t sure what you would do if knock to the pavement but will try really hard not to find out, well I guess I’m in the same mind set as you are.

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like the Sheriff said, if he hadn't blindside shoved the little guy, the whole thing would have likely been avoided.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Quote Originally Posted by FrommerStop View Post
    Disorientation for certain must be considered. I read a horrible story once while staying in a motel. Elderly couple hears noise at night, man takes handgun to investigate and gets struck down. His wife later comes looking for him she tried to help him up and is mortally wounded.

That is a scenario I have not trained for and deserves some thought.
    i would recommend not investigating suspicious sounds at motels.
    Minor point but you got it all wrong. I was staying at a motel when I heard of this on the motel TV. Incident took place at a residence in the locality.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Fair enough,
    But my advice still stands. If you’re worried about getting jumped or getting struck down, don’t go investigating sounds. I know that’s counter to our natural “my house my castle” views, but sometimes we should know our limitations.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fair enough,
    But my advice still stands. If you’re worried about getting jumped or getting struck down, don’t go investigating sounds. I know that’s counter to our natural “my house my castle” views, but sometimes we should know our limitations.
    Better advice is it depends on a lot of factors. I suspect many here have not had any training for fighting in structures. I live alone so In my house if I thought there were human intruders I would wait behind concealment or cover if I had it and wait in ambush. If you have children then you may be forced to investigate noises that might indicate a rapist or worse in the house.
    Outside: I have reasonably sized fighting dogs, if they are in a tussle with something they can not kill I will approached with caution to help them out or pull them off of it if appropriate.
    Not wise to blindly go about with a flash light against an intruder armed with a gun that is somewhere? out there. If you do not like dogs then get a lot of electronic surveillance equip and night vision. That is future goal of mine. I would love to also have a drone with a video camera on it. Much safer to send that out rather than going out yourself. I raise fruit trees and nocturnal invaders are common. The dogs are good for driving most such critters off. They might have trouble handling a large bear without them getting hurt. They likely as a pack could kill a smaller bear.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did I hear right ?? Chnl 3 news at 1800. Shooter will not be indicted. --- SAWMAN
    Nothing I could find at almost 11pm on the internet yet. I do expect an indictment, but since I do not know all of the facts I will have to wait and see.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I caught the tail end of a piece about a bunch of black people "marching" on the Fla capitol building demanding to see the governor about an "injustice" done to one of their brethren.
    I thought that I heard something that tied this "tactic" to the,IMO justified,shooting of the "gentleman" that couldn't seem to figure out how the laws of gravity worked upon his britches.
    No more thuggin' or thuggery or being thuggerish for him. (Have I coined some new words here ?? I will look for them in the upcoming Webster's.) ---- SAWMAN

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wow I just read the whole thread and came across this.

I bet the shooter wouldn't have even noticed the parking situation, if he wasn't carrying. Probably been daydreaming, and fantasizing about this type situation for a long time.

I can't believe anyone would even think this. If this guy had been thinking it he probably would have acted on it when he was young and stupid as opposed to older and hopefully wiser.

I just looked at the video several times. It appears to me that the black gentleman hitched up his britches and started forward again when he realized the white "Thug" had pulled a weapon. Of course you can only see what was happening and not the why. No audio so we do not know if the white "Thug" was threatening the baby momma or if the black gentleman verbally threatened to commit grave bodily injury to the white "Thug's" body.

Everyone has an opinion of what happened and why but no one knows except the individuals involved. Monday morning quarterbacking is easy but irrelevant unless you have walked in their shoes.

Idoono

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    "I can't believe anyone would even think this. If this guy had been thinking it he probably would have acted on it when he was young and stupid as opposed to older and hopefully wiser."

Some guy on this very forum had a tag line that read, "praying for a home invasion". Just read some of the crap regarding defensive practice, defensive loads, carrying in "certain locations", etc., and tell me some folks aren't a little intrigued by the idea of "killing a thug before I die". If you don't see it, fine, but make sure your brake lights are working, and don't park in a handicap spot unless you qualify.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lots of estrogen in this thread, race had little if anything to do with what happened. Now what will happen from that point on will be all about race. If it had of been two Caucasian or two Negro guys it would have been forgotten by now.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just to be clear,for both "regular" members and mods - - ->
    FOR ME . . . a "thug" can come in the form of young/old,male/female,black/white(or other),rich/poor,big/small,etc,etc.
    Being a "thug" is a way of life. It is the way you conduct yourself on a day to day basis. It is a person of low moral character. A predator. A person that has zero respect for others . . . any and all others.
    Keeping in mind MY above defination,I will continue to use the term "thug". If someone wants to read something into this,so be it.
    I do not usually feel that I have the need to explain myself in this detail. In this case I do feel this way. For probably 3 or 4 people out of our current membership of 6000+. ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lots of estrogen in this thread, race had little if anything to do with what happened. Now what will happen from that point on will be all about race. If it had of been two Caucasian or two Negro guys it would have been forgotten by now.

All of this noise is directed getting nullified the stand your ground law, castle defense, and just plain CCW laws, It does not seem to be very much about stand your ground. The killer advanced to wag his finger and berate with profanity a woman parked in the handicapped zone. The foul mouth finger wagger was blindsided and knocked down. I do not see any stand your ground here, but I am not a lawyer. He was on the ground, raised himself to a sitting position, and then fired. When pulled the gun, bigger black man backed up and seem to freeze like a deer in a head light. Another man coming out of the store walking towards the scene got the heck off the X to disappear from the view of the camera. Large black fellow remained stationary until fatally shot and then fled for inside of the store to collapse and die shortly after.
    WHAT HAS STAND YOUR GROUND HAVE TO WITH ANY OF THIS? Perhaps it gives skinny white guy the right to finger wag and berate people.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You sir ,seem to have a lot of information that the rest of us don't , would you care to share the source of that information?

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Well at this point he is not a killer he is still a victim. (Unless I have missed a criminal charge or court ruling). The suspect/attacker in this case died. I may or may not have handled the situation differently if it were me. Hope Im never in any use of force situation. I will reserve my judgement on the actions of the victim until after any charges or court rulings. After all thats why we have the court system to handle these issues. I will say that the decision to stand your ground and use deadly force is a very personal and individual choice. And everybodies decisions, thought processes and abilities are different from each other. Even as much so as personalities and fingerprints

Top Bottom