• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I wouldn’t have been scolding anyone over a parking spot. If I was shoved to the ground like that with my back I would of needed an ambulance because I don’t think I could of gotten up after hitting the pavement that hard. That said if I looked up and the one that shoved me violently to the pavement was coming at me again I would be focused on stopping him. I would pray that the adrenaline kicked in giving me the one chance to keep from being hurt even worse. I’m 60, disabled and have to use a cane just to get around. I’ve got to much wrong with me to let anybody use me for a punching bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't get me wrong FLT, I totally get it and agree with everyone that says they refuse to be physically violated. Regardless of age or gender, ability or handicap, I believe everyone has the God given right to self defense and the right not to be physically accosted in any way.

My only contention is the way this particular situation started and ultimately ended. Just seems that no one made any good choices on any side of the coin. It may be a justified shooting in the eyes of the law but I feel it just didn't need to come to that over a parking space.

Had the guy intervened in a mugging, sexual assault, or even on behalf of some other poor guy getting pulped, I think that carries a bit more conscious clearing clarity in the event that an assailant had to loose their life. Even meter maids don't carry guns, and this guy decided to take it upon himself to start an argument over nothing and we all know the ending.

Justified shooting or not, I just feel as responsible gun owners we should conduct ourselves in a manner befitting the fact that we carry the power of life or death in our waistbands.

But yes when things turn physical, regardless of circumstances, I wholeheartly agree that no one should just take a whooping whether or not carrying.

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was down in that area for a funeral of my wife's uncle when this occurred. I am not 100% familiar with the law in florida. We dont know what got said. I would not be the least bit surprised if the lady aggitated the situation, but you have no right to put your hands on someone. That is a key issue when the guy shoved him to the ground. If he just pushed him maybe. The issue is that the black guy appears to be retreating and the white guy should see that and it seems there were a couple seconds before the shot. Most states it would be clearly a major crime. I am not sure there, but i know many are concerned the guy was retreating. They again he could have been threatening the white guy where he thought he was still in danger a host of other things. There is a case in philadelphia right now where a black guy stabbed an unarmed white guy. At first he was charge with first degreee murder then the DA ( he is very soft on crime) dropped it down. The guy will be able to bond out at 5k. https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...rittenhouse-square-stabbing-sean-schellenger/

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Lemme see if I can boil this down to it's simplest terms - - -> YOU DON'T WANNA GET EFFIN SHOT . . DON'T PUT YOUR EFFIN HANDS ON ME !!!!!
    UNDERSTAND TOUGH GUY ???? ---- SAWMAN

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The news media made an age discrimination issue for some reason. The victim was not over 65 and not noticeably cripple (in the video at least) so there won't be any felony battery. A simple battery charge would have been the crime. The shooter will have his say about any disabilities he may have that may help him in the long run. (Right now I look fine but have a feeding tube/medical port and in poor health due to chemo so if I took that shove, I'd still be on the ground but I still am carrying also) The video shows attacker still approaching the victim until he draws. If it would have been a quick shot with no retreat from suspect, I don't think a jury would blink twice. Since attacker was backing up it's going to be a totally different ball game. Now the news keeps talking about witnesses and what was said so that will take a little more investigating if not already done. Of course the girlfriend who was in the original argument will say the shooter was threatening her and she was scared for her and her children and play it up to the media and jury...

It's an awful situation and wouldn't want to be in the shooters shoes now that the State has it...

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I bet the shooter wouldn't have even noticed the parking situation, if he wasn't carrying. Probably been daydreaming, and fantasizing about this type situation for a long time.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bet the shooter wouldn't have even noticed the parking situation, if he wasn't carrying. Probably been daydreaming, and fantasizing about this type situation for a long time.

I did read somewhere that the store manager has had to call the police at least once about this guy confronting people over the parking situation. That alone doesn't prove anything, but it does make one wonder.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just so much wish that this had not happened. What is interesting is that many the responses given depend on the physical health of the respondent. I have passed the 70 year mark and am recovering from some nerve pinches with associated back problems. Eating a lot of omega-3 containing fish is horrible, but I am getting better. I had to figure this out on my own, doctors were not particularly useful on this. Five years ago I could have kicked, beaten, gouged, and strangled the pusher to death that got shot. Now not so much. But still I would not have fired at that particular moment from what I see in the video. To honest I would not have said anything about the illegal parking would have deferred to one and all within limits.

There is one take home lesson from this. The handicapped parking lot NAZI was not watching his environment. He was completely blindsided by the pusher. One should always be more alert and most importantly do not start sh_t that you are able to handle physically without very good reason.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A simple rule I try to live by...

Do not talk shit to anyone you are not willing to fight, and do not fight anyone you are not willing to kill.

Both parties in the video should have abided by that rule.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

arowzee727

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Wish there was audio to find out what was said to make him push him to the ground. Very disappointed you guys condone this type of behavior from Drejka.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wish there was audio to find out what was said to make him push him to the ground. Very disappointed you guys condone this type of behavior from Drejka.

Not sure condone is the right word, both parties share blame, but if you're going to get physical it's best to be prepared to go all the way once you do. Right, wrong or indifferent only one person in this event made that decision.

arowzee727

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    How would all guys calling this man a thug handled some guy yelling at your wife/girlfriend? Takes a real man to chew out someone's wife just saying. I am getting tired of everyone calling this man a thug, nigger, and he deserved to die when we have no clue if Drejka was threatening his girlfriend/wife. Think about it.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How would all guys calling this man a thug handled some guy yelling at your wife/girlfriend? Takes a real man to chew out someone's wife just saying. I am getting tired of everyone calling this man a thug, nigger, and he deserved to die when we have no clue if Drejka was threatening his girlfriend/wife. Think about it.
    Seems that you are the only one using racial slurs.

arowzee727

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Saying it as a example. Other forums and threads exist outside this one. Go on Facebook and other threads you will see it. @FLT

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Uh no , I can find all the trouble I can handle right here on GCGF. I don’t care who or what he was. When he put his hands on another man he and he alone escalated the event from verbal to physical. Paint it any color that suits you but nothing changes that fact.

arowzee727

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    @FLT so someone threatening/yelling at your wife/girlfriend you would just standby and watch huh? Especially another man. Sorry how I was raised you go to the other man of the family.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saying it as a example. Other forums and threads exist outside this one. Go on Facebook and other threads you will see it. @FLT

Facebook is for 14 year old girls and youre the only one using racial slurs around these parts there lipshitz..

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go to your safe space for awhile, itll be ok

Top Bottom