• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So now another Florida gun law has national attention, wonder how long it takes Scott to sell us out with Rubio cheering the sidelines.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So now another Florida gun law has national attention, wonder how long it takes Scott to sell us out with Rubio cheering the sidelines.

if they think they can repeal stand your ground law, they do so at their political peril...

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a handicap sticker in my car, but it is for my wife, if I am alone, I park way out in the lot, and walk...

I will not be silent if I see someone without a sticker park in one, I will not have a confrontation with them, but I will tell them they are rude and risk a fine...

I am tired of seeing people tiptoeing around azzwipes and afraid to speak out..

did I forget to mention the word snide when I mentioned it to them. Rude isn't one of the words I would use to describe this behavior even though it is...just to general of a term. :)

Not my job . . . however I do wish the police would do theirs. ---- SAWMAN

they could do it easier and more often if you let them know.

The last two times I had lunch with my good buddy at Subway we couldn't help but notice that the delivery trucks used the only handicap spot to unload. I could tell it didn't sit right with him but they moved pretty quick. It seemed that there was a handicap person waiting for the spot when the truck left...then he started mumbling. The last time we were there there was a guy using the Tommy Lift on his truck in the handicap spot. I said, "look." He walked over to the guy and asked him if he knew what the fine was for using the spot as he was. Guy said, "There is nowhere else to park and who are you?" My friend (in plain clothes) said it was $500 and identified himself as a deputy and if he didn't put all of that back in his truck and move it in the next minute...you see those 2 patrol units over there...I am going to have one of them write you a citation and motioned one of them over. By now the truck was beeping in reverse waiting for the unit to move from behind him. He told the officer he wanted him to sit in the medium for the next week everyday during lunch for 2 weeks if he was available and write a citation to everyone that parked there that didn't have a sticker. As soon as the truck moved someone again pulled into the spot with a tag.

Won't take long doing that to wind that up.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Being an idiot is a handicap , but it doesn't qualify as a reason to use a handicap parking spot. I see asshats using someone else's car with a sticker everyday. Those stickers come with paper work stating who they were issued for and only that person can legally use them.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I saw a lady park in a handicapped space....with proper tag and run in the rain to the store. I told her you sure don't act handicapped. Said it was her husband's to mind my own business. Abuse of the system. Root of most problems in this world. No compassion or thought anymore

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FWIW: There are several handicap qualifiers (heart, lung, ect.) that may not display visual symptoms. People have no requirement to discuss private medical issues with strangers.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    FWIW: There are several handicap qualifiers (heart, lung, ect.) that may not display visual symptoms. People have no requirement to discuss private medical issues with strangers.

Next you’ll tell me there’s other ways to display handicap parking privileges aside from a mirror hanger.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I try to mind my own business and wouldnt knowingly put myself in any situation like that, I'm not out there to inform strangers of their actions even if they are breaking the law. If it bothered me that much, I would report it to the police. I might come to the conclusion that maybe the persons sticker or tag is just missing or they drove a friends car as who am I to judge someones handicap?

I have seen many of videos on youtube of the same or similar situation "frightened shooter" and no charges filed and some of those didnt involve any violence or shoving at all.

I did think there was a clear pause after the draw and before the shot but you better be damn sure your on target when your discharging in a crowded parking lot shooting towards the front door of a store. This guy was clearly assaulted very violently without hesitation from the attacker. He could walk if ever sent to trial, but might have a life and court issues similar to the other guy that shot T Martin.

I think he was wrong for taking that mans life over a push that was not followed up with any "REAL" aggressive forward movement after that fact. I did she him pull up his pants or grab his waste band with both hands like he was going to come in for more action as he did take one small step towards him but that might just have been his forward momentum after the push. Now if later evidence changes I might change my "reaction to the video" opinion.

Please let me have my "opinion" I know that you may not agree.... I didnt talk about anybodys opinion so please dont call me out about mine, I wont respond.

Last edited:

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love citing folks for abusing the Handicap parking issues. Many citations get thrown out due to folks not displaying their placards but ohhh well, should have had em displayed properly.

When we go to grocery stores and I see folks lined up parking in the fire lanes, I'll make comments to folks... At the Publix in Crestview, I had an asshat call me a bunch of names but he was parked in the firelane when I walked in and was still there about 15 minutes later, so I called Crestview PD to come take care of the issue. Of course these calls are not a high priority and the folks are usually gone by the time LEO's get there. I did walk up to his car to have a discussion with him about all the nice names he was calling me but didn't get in his face due to folks being crazy these days. I can also see if someone did walk up to his window and the asshat pulled out a gun and shot someone because he was a chicken shit and was in fear of his life.

I hate it when anyone takes advantage of the system in any way shape or form and some folks will just say ahhhhh it isn't hurting anything, but the ole saying you give an inch, they take a mile gets involved! When I drop the ole lady off at a store, I'll go sit in the parking lot and tell her to text me when she is walking out and I go pick her up, I don't wait in a fire lane...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    after the intial push, pusher appeared to me, he was hitching his pants up and getting ready to advance for an whopping, followed by his woman, only backed up when the man reached inside his pants..

I do not think it was a good shoot, but I was not there....

yet again, I see a death that could have been prevented if the law was observed on handicap parking..

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For the handicapped individual,DMV offers a license plate or two hang tags.
    Hang tags for use in multiple cars,rental cars,or if you travel. The blue tags are good in any state. I did not want the license plate for security reasons.
    The hang tags should be on your rearview mirror,however I simply lay it on my dash before entering the store.
    I was at Academy a couple years ago and forgot to display the blue tag. When I came out I noticed a ticket on my window. You have to go down to the courthouse and show them your blue tag. Between the parking fees and having to disarm . . . a huge PITA. BTW . . . my drivers license number is on my hang tag.
    My fault . . learned my lesson . . wont happen again. ---- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My hang tag is on the dash in the drivers corner until I park then I’ll hang it on the mirror. Pet peeve of mine is all the folks driving around with the handicap tag hanging from there mirrors. It is clearly written on it to remove from mirror before driving. The tag creates a blind spot when it is not taken down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I watched it again keeping an eye on both of them. FNHman is right.
    The deceased was clearly not done with this man. He was advancing until he saw the gun.
    A 6’3” in shape 28 year old vs a portly 5’7” 47 year old. (Measurements are approximates)
    Looked justified to me.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He was advancing until he saw the gun.

You post summed up my concern - when the gun was drawn the BF stopped all aggression, the BF dropped his arms and was moving away. Then he was shot. To me there was a perceptible delay between the presentation of the weapon and the shot. In this case, I believe it is incumbent upon the gun owner to hold his fire because his opponent had ceased his attack.

The practical concern is tunnel vision or some other similar stress induced sensory limitation. I wonder if in the heat of the moment the gun owner was able to perceive the change in the BF posture and direction.

However, bringing a gun into a fist fight always is a legally risky move. Better to have backed off called the police if necessary.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Did you watch the video in sgb’s post? Skip ahead to where the video of the shooting occurs. Lots of valid points made

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Maybe, but I’m sure that the victim’s adrenaline was pumping and he didn’t know what the guy was gonna do next. He had already been violently pushed down onto asphalt.
    We can analyze these things now but what would we do in his shoes, at that time?
    This guy had already proven that he’s prone to violence.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But the test is not violence The test is great bodily harm (typically means broken bones, damaged organs, the kind of injury that will put you in the hospital) , Death, or forcible FELONY.

We clearly have a battery here which is a misdemeanor and not a felony. I think the push is critical because the BF certainly could have done a lot worse with his initial action that shove the guy to the ground. He also could have followed the shooter to the ground and started pounding him. But none of those things happened. There was a shove and then a gun shot.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    After the shove he took a step or two forward (possibly to continue the attack). Only when the gun was pulled did he pause. But even then he did not run away either

SGB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But the test is not violence The test is [FEAR OF] great bodily harm (typically means broken bones, damaged organs, the kind of injury that will put you in the hospital) , Death, or forcible FELONY.

We clearly have a battery here which is a misdemeanor and not a felony. I think the push is critical because the BF certainly could have done a lot worse with his initial action that shove the guy to the ground. He also could have followed the shooter to the ground and started pounding him. But none of those things happened. There was a shove and then a gun shot.

You left something out ...... further what you describe as a "shove" many see as a SLAM ........ perception in the mind of the shooter is the key here, from what I can see it's reasonable to believe that in the shooter's mind he was in "FEAR" of great bodily harm after having just been violently assaulted.

Top Bottom