• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right on the money with that shot placement.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The thug who got shot only backed off AFTER the gun was drawn. The draw was completely justifiable and obviously effective. As for the decision to pull the trigger, well...
    -was that thug just continuously adjusting his pants and t-shirt, or was he reaching for something?
    -what did he say before the shove, after the shove, before the draw, and after the draw?
    -the girlfriend was also standing over the older guy. What did she say and do?
    -did the older guy hit his head on the concrete? Perhaps his perception of events is understandably affected? Was he wearing glasses and they got knocked off, so he couldn't see the guys hands? Did he tell the guy to freeze or show his hands?

I don't know.

What I "do" know: the thug attacked the victim, and the victim drew a weapon to defend himself.

Those who claim "all because of a parking space" or whatever are missing the Point. People should be able to have a conversation without unnecessary violence. A member of society should be able to talk to another member of society without being attacked. Whether they were talking about the weather, or a sports game, or whatever...

The thug brought a pushing-match to a gunfight.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A bit of an over use of the thug word... had I walked out of a store and see a guy screaming that he's going to kick my wife's ass (hypothetical, we don't know what he said) I may push your ass over too... I'm just saying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A bit of an over use of the thug word... had I walked out of a store and see a guy screaming that he's going to kick my wife's ass (hypothetical, we don't know what he said) I may push your ass over too... I'm just saying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fair enough, but if the thug was defending his woman from an attacker, he shouldn't have stopped with the shove. And once the "attacker" drew a gun, his "protect my woman" adrenaline should've done more than back up and start to turn away from his woman, the car, the kids, etc...

He escalated from verbal to physical, and then failed to follow through.
    He underestimated his opponent, and he lost.

Thug or not, he pushed the wrong guy.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Vid is a silent film without captions. Anyone know if "Pusher" stated a threat?
    2. Nobody mentions woman gets out of the car and ADVANCES in close to "Defender" at same time Pusher does. Was there contact/threats between woman and defender? Is Defender facing TWO THREATS at this point?
    3. After Pusher knocks Defender to the ground: He continues to ADVANCE towards the down man (who can't retreat, probably in some pain and possibly RedZone, panic or shock) AND Pusher reaches into his own pockets? Did Defender think Pusher was drawing a weapon?
    4. Even though a passerby blocks some of the view, if you run it frame by frame: Pusher doesn't start to backup "UNTIL" Defender is clearly drawing the weapon.
    5. Did Defender even "perceive" that Pusher moved backward (3 feet +-)?
    6. Witness at door sees and probably hears what went on, he goes closer then retreats when gun is drawn. Note: he take 3.5 steps toward the assault while Pusher is very close to downed Defender. Whats being said then?
    7. Whats being said as Pusher backs up?

Too little info for me. If Defenders expressed perceptions fall reasonably within what's on the Vid, there's no criminal liability,

Does Pusher have a criminal assaultive history?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKf3C2e4zs

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    There’s an old saying - “Don’t mess with an old man. If he’s too old to fight, he will just kill you.”
    The guy was 47 but that’s not young and I think it applies here.
    Young guys need to think about this if they think they see an easy mark.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Sheriff, in my opinion, has made a bad interpretation of the stand your ground law and this guy will be charged and likely convicted when it's all said and done. It doesn't state you have the right to employ deadly force if you reasonably fear simply being harmed. He only had the right to respond with equivalent force but not deadly force. It has to be reasonable fear of death, great bodily harm, or preventing the commission of a forcible felony to use deadly force.

This guy is a complete goober, not to mention coward, and not at all who I want to be the face of legally armed citizens in Florida. Or that douchbag Zimmerman for that matter but at least he had a legit argument with his head being repeatedly slammed into the concrete and all. This guy is on camera shooting an unarmed retreating man square in the chest. It's not justifiable in my opinion. But I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

The justifications for deadly force are - great bodily harm, death, or a forcible felony. Injured pride is not included in any of those justifications. Simple battery is not included in one of those justifications. A verbal threat of great bodily harm might be sufficient.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just re watched the video with all y'all comments in mind. Not a good shoot. The gun was drawn, there was perceptible delay as the BF dropped his arms, turned sideways and started moving away. Then the shooter opened fire.

Also, as a general rule the BF history of violence is not typically admissible unless the shooter was aware of that history. There are exceptions to every rule but . . .

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just re-watched it a few times... more questions?
    1- if the girlfriend is afraid, why did she leave her car, supposedly from the passenger seat and out the drivers door and approach the shooter?
    2- if the deceased was protecting his girlfriend why did he walk back toward the store after the push, instead of of covering his girlfriend?
    3- the shooter was standing several steps away from the car both feet squared up side by side with both hands at his waist, so how is that aggressive?
    4- if the shooter was looking for a fight why did he not look toward anyone other than the woman?
    5- while the shooter was being pushed he had just been approached by the "scared" woman from his front, a large younger man from his left, and another very fit looking man following the pusher. It could be said that he thought he was being ambushed by an aggressive woman, an aggressive and violent man and a third very fit looking man. The very fit looking man had just walked up, went inside, then exited with the pusher so it looked to me like it was 3 on 1.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As there won't be any case against Pusher, his history reflects his past conduct/escalation if any. Some with Defender, does he have a history of instigating crap or is he entitled to handicap parking and addressing unauthorized people using a space that should have been available at that moment? Pet peeve or handicap rights champion? Its more for my curiosity at this point with so few details released.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Haven't hear'ed the term "DISPARITY OF FORCE" mentioned yet.
    Well . . . . ?? ---- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah sure would be nice if you could hear what was being said, could make all the difference in what is perceived by just watching a silent video.

"hey man, sorry I knocked you down but there was a big ass bug on your shoulder. I think I got him!! Let's hug it out!!"

That would change my opinion considerably.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    it really bothers me when people park in handicapped spots. even worse when you teach your 5 year old son your antics.
    the shooter wanted to shoot him. plain and simple. pulling the race card is kind of stupid, but everyone wants to cry something.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    it bothers me to see teenagers pull into a spot, get out, and walk into the store...the only handicap I see is they think it is ok since there is a sticker on the car.
    I do not have credentials to protect handicap spots from misuse. I can casually mention that I don't see their handicap as I pass. Around here it can be up to a $500 fine. Call the person with the credentials.

From the back story on the guy...I have to agree that he wanted to shoot someone...told someone else he was going to do it.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    it bothers me to see teenagers pull into a spot, get out, and walk into the store...the only handicap I see is they think it is ok since there is a sticker on the car.
    I do not have credentials to protect handicap spots from misuse. I can casually mention that I don't see their handicap as I pass. Around here it can be up to a $500 fine. Call the person with the credentials.

From the back story on the guy...I have to agree that he wanted to shoot someone...told someone else he was going to do it.

I have a handicap sticker in my car, but it is for my wife, if I am alone, I park way out in the lot, and walk...

I will not be silent if I see someone without a sticker park in one, I will not have a confrontation with them, but I will tell them they are rude and risk a fine...

I am tired of seeing people tiptoeing around azzwipes and afraid to speak out..

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The blue handicapped hang tag is issued to a person . . . NOT a vechicle.
    If the person that it is issued to is not the driver or passenger,it is illegal to park in a handicapped spot.
    I have a blue hang tag in my truck and one in my wifes Jeep. The tag in my wifes Jeep is never displayed unless I am a passenger. Mine is never displayed unless my truck is in a designated handicap space.
    If I drive up to a store and a regular parking space is as close or closer,I will leave the handicapped spot for another person.
    If I see a vechicle park in a handicapped spot and the driver and/or passenger do not "look" handicapped,I give them a dirty look and shake my head. I NEVER speak to them. Not worth it. Not my job . . . however I do wish the police would do theirs. ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom