• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been contemplating getting into air rifles...the more high-end powerful ones, capable of taking medium size game...maybe .22 caliber.

and example of what I'm thinking about https://www.airgundepot.com/airforce-condor-ss-pcp-hawke-scope-combo.html

The SS version so it is suppressed. Anyways, like all things, there is always more to the story and more expense...one would have to fill air tanks, purchase quality pellets and ultimately service and maintain. In addition, if I were to shoot/hunt for predators or pests, it would have to be legal and legal to use the suppressed version. Air rifles, to my knowledge, do not fall under the blanket of laws surrounding handgun and rifle suppressors so you can order one today with no red tape....for now.

Anyways, I'm doing my homework and while I'm doing that, I'd like to hear from those with knowledge, experience or opinions on these sorts of air rifles and all the extra stuff/cost

USMCShooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mouser, Airguns are like Archery....

You get the Primary Piece...then there are all the supporting elements. Plan on another $1200-$1500 on top of the gun to do it right. You will need a fill setup, usually a 4500psi Carbon Fiber SCBA tank, which is available through Joe Brancato at Airtanksforsale.com. Then you need to have a repeatable system to fill the tank....if you know a fire station that has a fill setup, sometimes they will fill for you. There are several compressors available....the shoebox compressor, the Omega just to name a couple. I personally use nitrogen...which is ultra clean and dry. I rent a 6000psi, 500CuFt tank from the local welding shop for around $120 per year, and got a fill setup from the big tank to the small tank from Joe.

I don't shoot as much as I used to, but, when you first start....you'll go through a lot of air...trust me! It's more fun than it should be!

If I can help in any way, feel free to ask!

S/F

Jamie

Top Bottom