• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am done here on this thread. Way, way too much stupidity that I am willing to deal with!

Actually you're done with the forum. I have grown tired of cleaning up after you.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I order quite a bit from them and while the free shipping is nice, it's the Prime video that makes it worthwhile for me. I watch alot of the documentaries, mostly WWII related, and their original shows like Bosch and Man in the High Castle are quite good IMO. They've got a new series called "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" coming out next month that looks interesting too.

If you use it you really get a lot of bang for the buck. I feel like I come out OK on the deal and I plan to renew.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    walk softly and carry a 20lb sledge with a 2' steel handle...
    176935-thor-hammer.png

Last edited:

sportsbud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think that there is an intangible side to Amazon Prime. If I remember my Economics class (its been a while) the measurement of Utils is the intangible, its how much utility someone gets out of something, the more Utils the more they are willing to pay. It's a very subjective measurement so something that is has many Utils to someone will not for the other. I am wavering on the Amazon prime as I can shop around and find better deals and with pretty cheap shipping (about $5 on average). Amazon does not always have the best prices, also I have started to try and commit to buying more locally and from smaller business... The latest ruling on Sales tax is a hit for the smallest business getting into e-commerce, as I understand the states rights to collect tax but this places a huge burden on the businesses to collect and distribute taxes to the correct state in the correct amount... imagine a bad year when you get audited by multiple states!!! this is a potential business crushing decision...

Once my Prime subscription ends I will not be renewing it... I live close enough to the Houston distribution center that most things coming regular mail get there in about the same time anyway...

Besides most of my online purchases are firearms related anyway lol... Like all the parts to build a 10.5" AR-10 upper...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Another reason I use Amazon is GAS and wear and tear of my Truck, I live in Crestview, there is noting here, If you give me something FREE, I can still beat the price on Amazon because it is a long way and lots of gas to buy it local IF you can find it! Sad to see Spongemonkey go, I use to be that way about Amazon Prime.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I also like Amazon for the simple fact I know if I buy from them I'm getting close to the best price I can get. Sure, if I search 20 different Sites I might be able to find one that offers a slightly lower price but I've now wasted how much of my time and again most other companies don't offer 2 day free shipping. This comes in really handy at Christmas time. While everyone is worried about Black Friday crowds and finding what their kids want in stores I can buy most of what my kids want for Christmas from Amazon and it comes in a nice box to wrap it in that gives no indication of what it is. Like Frank said, just the time saved and gas money saved is worth it to me but when add the free 2 shipping and Prime Video and Music $119 a year is still a steal!

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to what I've read the Amazon Prime Day was a big winner for Amazon. The company says it was the biggest global shopping event in their history. They sold more than 100 million items during the 36-hour sale. Gun stuff was not listed among the top sellers.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom