• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I stopped buying from amazon a few years ago. Jeff Bezos, owner of amazon is a total left wing nut job. Once he bought the washington post to use as a weapon against those of us who disagree with him politically I decided my money was better spent elsewhere.
    I definitely don't like him. But I realized years ago that not buying from a company because of a CEOs liberal politics will leave you buying from Hobby Lobby and Chicfila. Nowhere else!

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I definitely don't like him. But I realized years ago that not buying from a company because of a CEOs liberal politics will leave you buying from Hobby Lobby and Chicfila. Nowhere else!

I only shop at Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-A. What are you saying?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I bet you have the best looking house on the block at Christmas. And I love Chick-fil-A, but f*#k those lines! That place is packed on a Tuesday at 2pm.

At least the line goes really quick. Probably faster than other places with only 3 cars in line.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah at $119 a year at $9.92 each month plus $14.59 for a total of $24.51. Yeah, that is a real good deal, not!

I have saved a ton with Prime, many times I'm in a store looking at something and then I look it up on Prime and find out I can have it delivered to my house 2 days later for free for a lot cheaper. Made 35 orders with Prime last year and already have 20 orders through Prime this year. Saves me a ton of money and time. $119 divided by 35 comes out to $3.40 per 2 day guaranteed shipment, I'll take that deal any day!

I forgot to mention we watch several movies on Amazon Prime for free every year that cable, Netflix or others want to charge for. Just watched Spider-Man Homecoming over the weekend for free!

Last edited:

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have saved a ton with Prime, many times I'm in a store looking at something and then I look it up on Prime and find out I can have it delivered to my house 2 days later for free for a lot cheaper. Made 35 orders with Prime last year and already have 20 orders through Prime this year. Saves me a ton of money and time. $119 divided by 35 comes out to $3.40 per 2 day guaranteed shipment, I'll take that deal any day!

It works for some who do a lot of purchasing for them. It would not work for me because very seldom do I purchase from them. Maybe once or twice a year.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A few years ago I would get frustrated looking for what I wanted going from store to store wasting gas not finding what I was looking for. Then I joined Amazon Prime. Now I check there first and most of the time they have what I need, cheaper than anywhere else I can buy it, and have it at my door in 2 days or less. Kind of disappointed in this Prime Day sale though, not a lot of deals on anything I want.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I forgot to mention we watch several movies on Amazon Prime for free every year that cable, Netflix or others want to charge for. Just watched Spider-Man Homecoming over the weekend for free!

Apparently you have been hood winked. The charge of $119 is not for 35-36 months, 3 years. It is for 12 months, one year. We watch on demand shows on directtv for much less than that and given a bit of time we watch them for free! Darn the bad luck, for you! I see stupid people!

Last edited:

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am done here on this thread. Way, way too much stupidity that I am willing to deal with!

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My family uses the mess out of Amazon prime. I have certainly saved $119 in shipping alone, not to mention the movie and TV shows. Heck I use the music app on my phone while cleaning/changing parts or maintenance on the gun stuff.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't tell you how much $$ or hassle I've saved just by reading product reviews and Q&A and realizing that product wasn't going to work for me. Don't get that at WalMart. But I guess you could ask the Pall Mall Queen of the Trailerpark looking at the same product her opinion.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I order quite a bit from them and while the free shipping is nice, it's the Prime video that makes it worthwhile for me. I watch alot of the documentaries, mostly WWII related, and their original shows like Bosch and Man in the High Castle are quite good IMO. They've got a new series called "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" coming out next month that looks interesting too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom