• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I thought this might be an interesting thread if a lot of people participate. Hopefully this isn't a duplicate thread, but I may have missed one.

The first pistol I bought when I turned 18 was a S&W 6904. It was used, and I can't remember what I paid for it. Of course that was 25 years ago. At that time I lived in Molino and drove all the way to Gulf Breeze Pistol Parlor. I got to shoot it at their indoor range before I bought it. The hard part was waiting 3 days to drive back and get it. It was my first, and I still own it today. I have bought and sold a few guns over the years, but I don't think I could ever sell this one.
    fffaf1b379efe51b8f30ae3d61b3d958.jpg
    87e0baf5a5228bd5bbd09243230e261a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A 5.5" Ruger Redhawk stainless .44 mag. I still have it. I was 16 and my grandma technically bought it since I got it at a gunshop in Michigan. She did this for me for several pistols/revolvers between 16-20 until I went into the military. Different times back then.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First pistol/handgun I bought was before I was of legal age to buy it. Had my Dad come with me to the store to fill out the paper work for me, Gibsons or Howard Brothers, dont remember the name they were going by back then but I paid for it myself. It was an Arminus (spelling) 38/357 revolver. I think it was maybe $125 at the most. Have put a whole lot of commercial and handloaded ammo down its barrel. Still have it til this day.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    First pistol I bought was a Walther P22. Wish I still had it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    RG .38 spec, made in Miami...

$50, glad I don't have it anymore, it was a pc of crap...funny, I have no idea where, who it went to..

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hk USP, 9mm. In CA just before mag limits came into effect....1996. $555.20 otd, from a (now defunct) big box store. The Beretta 92 grip was a little big for my liking and the 226 was another $100.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    G36 in fde because, at the time, I knew 45 would blow the shoes off an assailant and Glock was the "top tier".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A Springfield XD 45 Compact in OD green. I didn't care for the feel of Glocks at the time (not that I had any real experience with them) and I liked the 10rnd flush fit mag and the 13rnd full size mag capacity. My dad has it these days.

I shot it a few months ago for the first time in years. I can't say I miss it...

fb546f0ca8a8424752bfc612141130d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Taurus PT 92 was the first I paid for. I grew up shooting my Granny’s 9 shot H&R 22 lr, if I could get a rabbit before the school bus ran I got to stay home and clean it. I still have Granny’s H&R and will until I’m gone. A CZ 52 I got in a trade but the first time my wife shot it she laid claims to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    9 1/2" barreled Ruger Super Redhawk. Paid for it when I was 17 and dad kept it till I was old enough. That was about 1997. I wanted the most powerful pistol with the longest barrel I could find. Sold it before the last election for a decent amount more than I paid new and put the money toward black rifle disease. Had not shot it in close to 10 years. Hopefully I never regret it. IMG_3264.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3264.JPG
      IMG_3264.JPG
      717.6 KB · Views: 318

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Colt Detective Special, bought the day some retired football coach from bammer passed away. Heard the news on the way to the gun shop in Mobile. Sold it a few years later and don't really miss it that much.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    S&W 659... fixed sights and ambi safety. That was about 40 years ago. Traded it and $200 for a Kimber Ultra Raptor 8 or so years ago. Still had the box and everything that came with it including the original grips. I miss it...she shot really well. Only reason I let her go was she wouldn't shoot without a mag in her.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought my first pistol when I turned 21 and received my CCWL permit here in FL. Had rifles up till that point. I didn't grow up around firearms at all. I was given a .38 revolver when I turned 18. But it was not the first one I purchased. The Bersa Thunder 380CC was my first handgun purchased. Carried it daily for 2-3 years before I ended up selling it to purchase a new gun. I wish I still had it. It was a great little gun. This was before there were any small 9mm guns and if you wanted small you had to go .380.

Attachments

• 9613-DEFAULT-l.jpg
      9613-DEFAULT-l.jpg
      93 KB · Views: 291

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Taurus PT92. It was nearly new when I bought it from a friend while stationed in VA. After several years of not hearing from that guy, I got an email from him asking if I'd sell the gun back to him. Sorry, my friend, I just can't part with it. Apparently, he had seller's remorse, and I'm afraid I would have had the same problem if I'd sold it back to him.

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first pistol was also a Taurus PT92. I bought it in 2002 with the intention of bringing it with me on deployment. A few of the guys on my team went out and bought side arms to bring with us. We heard that they were allowing it for some of the Army units and our command gave us the bad info that it was being authorized from higher up. Turns out they were wrong and some people in the transpo unit that deployed from our installation got in a butt load of trouble. I sold it to a buddy of mine before I deployed in April 2003. I got a great deal on it and the lady behind the counter threw in a box of HPs for free. He still has it and loves the damn thing. I kind of miss it.

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was a High Standard .22LR. Don't remember the model no. It a 1911 angle grip, sights mounted to the slide, bull barrrel, no gold embellishments.

Top Bottom