• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My first was a Springfield 1911 GI, followed very shortly by a Glock 23 and Sig P220. I miss the Sig the most - sold it to have a little extra cash for a move a few years ago.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Grew up with a H&R revo chambered in 22LR. Used that for rabbits in the pecan groves where car city is now (in P'cola).
    Went into the military so I could use there guns. My first "real" pistol was a Ruger Blackhawk 4 5/8ths bbl,chambered in 41Mag. Bought it at the base to use for the bigger and somewhat wilder Calif. coastal hogs. In my limited time at the language school in Monterey,I killed two monsters on the Army/Airforce range at Ft. Hunter Liggett.
    Owned the pistol for some time until one unfortunate day I needed more beer money,and sold it. Great gun,great chambering,what a workhorse of a revo. --- SAWMAN

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Savage single shot 22 cal. pistol. Had fun shooting rats down at the city dump.

Attachments

• savage.jpg
      savage.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 213

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    A High Standard “The Marshall” .22 revolver that I bought from my brother-in-law for $60 in 1974. Kept it a year or so and sold it for $70.
    Used that money to buy a new S&W model 17 from C&G Sporting Goods in Panama City for $145 in 1975.
    I’ve still got that one.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I didn’t start shooting until about 7 years ago. I had a gun from my Dad in my safe. It was a S&W model 52. All I knew was ammo for it was hard to come by and expensive to I bought a used Ruger Mark III in 22lr so I could afford to practice.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was 18 and my roomate and I chipped in to buy a Smith Model 28 with a 4" barrel. His dad had to come down to do the paperwork. We shot that gun a lot. About 3 years later his dad opened a restaurant and the gun went to him for protection. Good gun.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was 18 and my roomate and I chipped in to buy a Smith Model 28 with a 4" barrel. His dad had to come down to do the paperwork. We shot that gun a lot. About 3 years later his dad opened a restaurant and the gun went to him for protection. Good gun.

If I remember correctly that model is called a "Highway Patrolman"?

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heck, I can't remember....I do remember the 1st pistol I ever had was an old Star 9mm (1911 frame) that was my grandpaws but since I was under 18 my older brother talked my folks into making me give it to him (of course he pawned/sold it). Then when I graduated the Police Academy in 94 my folks bought me a G17. Still have it but handed it down to my son now. Have been through and still own several brands/calibers but of course my favorites are my handed down Colt Python and US 1911...

Last edited:

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Used that for rabbits in the pecan groves where car city is now (in P'cola).

--- SAWMAN

Use to dove hunt the ole drive thru when it turned into a pasture after it shut down back in the day!

Danwin22

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Raised in upstate New York and I think you could go to jail for touching a handgun.

I joined the Air Force in 1958 and was stationed at Travis AFB in California which allowed me to purchase a used but "Like New" Ruger standard .22 automatic with the early red eagle grip. It had a three or four digit s/n.

When I got out of the Air Force I gave the gun to a civilian at Travis because I couldn't take it back to NY.
    Sure wish I still owned it.

Moved to Florida in 1978 and now I have ten legal handguns.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first pistol was a 1977 model Ruger Security Six stainless steel with a 4" barrel. I probably have 20,000 rounds through it and still shoot IDPA with it. But the RSO always bitches because he has to time me with the Sun Dial.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A S&W stainless 6" Model 66-1, first semi-auto was a Bersa 380CC.

Top Bottom