• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I purchased my first in 1970 it was a ruger buntline 22/22mag with a 9 inch barrel, I was 16 years old at the time. I knew that I had to have a license to have it so I went to see the sheriff, I walked into his office and he called me by my name ( how the hell he knew me I had no idea) he asked me how he could help me so I told him I needed a pistol license, he asked me my age so I told him, he said that the age was 21 to get a license, I told him that I understood but if he didn't give me one that I would carry the pistol anyway. He looked at me and said that will be $5.00. I have had a license ever since, end of story

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first in 1971 was a Ruger Standard Automatic with 6” barrel & fixed sights.
    Used accumulated High School Graduation money to pay for it at KMart located corner of Davis Hwy and Brent Lane.
    $47.00!

Dad didn’t want me to have it but finally convinced him to sign for it.
    Wasn’t long before I could not miss anything with that pistol. Eventually sold it and in 1979 bought a Ruger Mark I Target from Montgomery Wards in Cordova Mall.Still got it!
    Can’t miss with it even today if the target isn’t too small.

Last edited:

meek

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first handgun was a Walther P22. I had expressed interest in shooting to a friend of mine, and for reasons I can't recall, he steered me toward the P22. It was fun to shoot, but picky about ammo and quite a chore to get back together after cleaning - screws and springs launching everywhere. That didn't stop me from buying the "matching" Walther G22 as my first rifle.

I eventually traded the P22 toward my first carry gun, a Beretta PX4 9mm subcompact.

SharpShooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First firearm was a Hi Point 9C... what a brick, but I was broke back then and it was cheap. Besides being big, heavy and ugly... damn thing was reliable. Can’t say I miss it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisflvs

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My first pistol was a russian makerov 9x18. When I was 18 I bought a commercial espresso machine at a garage sale and traded it for the pistol on craigslist.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Taurus 24/7 in 40s&w. Eventually picked up a matching 45acp for a song. Traded/sold off the 40s&w for a motorycle. Fella that I traded still has it and told him if he ever goes to sell it I'd like to know.

Don357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first pistol that I ever bought was a Davis, Bryco, Cobra, whatever you want to call it,.25acp. My 1st wife divorced me while I was stationed in Korea and it went with her. I hope the little gun lived up to its reputation.

MrFish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a Smith and Wesson Sigma 40 in 1997. Don't really remember anything bad or good about it. Don't recall it ever jamming and it would eat anything. Sold it to a buddy and bought a Beretta 96. I still have the Beretta, but only because I believe everyone should own a 92/96. Probably my least favorite handgun in my safe.

Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock 17. Bought it in 1993.

Unfortunately, it was a jam-a-matic. I sent it to Glock, and it came back... Same issue.

I later traded it in on a Glock 19, and that gun worked fine.

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock 17. Bought it in 1993.

Unfortunately, it was a jam-a-matic. I sent it to Glock, and it came back... Same issue.

I later traded it in on a Glock 19, and that gun worked fine.

Not something you hear everyday. Mostly you hear you are more likely to be struck by lightning than have a Glock jam

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    ^^^^^^ What he said. Glocks don't jam. The pistols that jam are the ones advertised built to "close tolerances ". The pretty guns. BBQ guns. "Hand fit". Come with a target with "suspicious " looking holes in it.
    The guns that tell you to put $200 worth of ammo thru them to "gettum broke in".
    Ha !!! ---- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mark VII Desert Eagle 44 Mag. Was at my first assignment and I don't remember how I found it, but it was a parking lot deal right outside the main gate. Had fun with it and later sold it, still have the old red dot that came on it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom