Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    I was and still am into shotguns and rifles more than pistols, my first I inherited when my grandmother passed in 89 and I was 31 but I grew up shooting that H&R 22lr The next was on a trade CZ52 and I finally bought my PT-92 in 2014. I've added more revolvers than semi-autos since then and enjoy shooting them all but DA/SA revolvers are my favorites. All ways think of Denny when I break out the Redhawk 44 mag. he gave me a great deal on it,

Last edited by MarkS; 07-20-2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Sawmans comment on age brought this on. I had posted my first earlier but not the years
    Member of an endangered species Florida Native 6th Generation

I was in the AF at Eglin and went to a gun show in FWB and bought this Ruger Mark 1 and still have it.

NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

3. 2 Like kendive's Post:

Almost every "serious" trapper in Maine carries a Ruger MK1. Most of them are really scroungy looking with spruce and fir jammed into the action and mag cavity. Their mags are usually even worse. They carry them in their green plad Johnson Wool pants that are always wet. Or in their wicker pack basket along with their rusty traps or dead critters.
    How do I know . . . ?? ---- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

5. 2 Like SAWMAN's Post:

JJ has been busy lately so he asked if I would post a pic of the first pistol that he ever owned.
    He bought it new when he was 7 years old. He paid one chicken and a shoe shine for it.
    He carried it thru 8 different wars (including the big one) and finally retired it to the National Old Pistol Museum in Munson,Fla.
    "Your Welcom jj" ---- SAWMAN
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

7. 3 Like SAWMAN's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    JJ has been busy lately so he asked if I would post a pic of the first pistol that he ever owned.
    He bought it new when he was 7 years old. He paid one chicken and a shoe shine for it.
    He carried it thru 8 different wars (including the big one) and finally retired it to the National Old Pistol Museum in Munson,Fla.
    "Your Welcom jj" ---- SAWMAN
    the companion to this one, his first AR...

John 15:13 "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

You live and learn or you don't live long....

9. Likes fl57caveman's Post:

22LR
    The first pistol I bought was a Dan Wesson 357, 6 inch stainless in about 1992. Not sure if it was a monson or a palmer, but dang that gun could shoot. Was a poor college student and sold it so that I could get a ruger p89 because I was worried about getting a gun with a high capacity magazine before the 1994 AWB. Still wish I had that dan wesson...

22LR
    Mine was an Smith model 29-2 8 3/8 blue and I still have it from 1974.

50 CAL
    Im surprised you were able to find a Model 29 in 1974. I remember a years waiting list after Dirty Harry came out.

22LR
    Yes you are so correct. It took quite a while to get it as everyone wanted to be Dirty Harry.

22LR
    My first handgun was a 1981 Ruger Redhawk 8.5 44 magnum