• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I purchased my first in 1970 it was a ruger buntline 22/22mag with a 9 inch barrel, I was 16 years old at the time. I knew that I had to have a license to have it so I went to see the sheriff, I walked into his office and he called me by my name ( how the hell he knew me I had no idea) he asked me how he could help me so I told him I needed a pistol license, he asked me my age so I told him, he said that the age was 21 to get a license, I told him that I understood but if he didn't give me one that I would carry the pistol anyway. He looked at me and said that will be $5.00. I have had a license ever since, end of story

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first in 1971 was a Ruger Standard Automatic with 6” barrel & fixed sights.
    Used accumulated High School Graduation money to pay for it at KMart located corner of Davis Hwy and Brent Lane.
    $47.00!

Dad didn’t want me to have it but finally convinced him to sign for it.
    Wasn’t long before I could not miss anything with that pistol. Eventually sold it and in 1979 bought a Ruger Mark I Target from Montgomery Wards in Cordova Mall.Still got it!
    Can’t miss with it even today if the target isn’t too small.

Last edited:

meek

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My first handgun was a Walther P22. I had expressed interest in shooting to a friend of mine, and for reasons I can't recall, he steered me toward the P22. It was fun to shoot, but picky about ammo and quite a chore to get back together after cleaning - screws and springs launching everywhere. That didn't stop me from buying the "matching" Walther G22 as my first rifle.

I eventually traded the P22 toward my first carry gun, a Beretta PX4 9mm subcompact.

SharpShooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First firearm was a Hi Point 9C... what a brick, but I was broke back then and it was cheap. Besides being big, heavy and ugly... damn thing was reliable. Can’t say I miss it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisflvs

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My first pistol was a russian makerov 9x18. When I was 18 I bought a commercial espresso machine at a garage sale and traded it for the pistol on craigslist.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Taurus 24/7 in 40s&w. Eventually picked up a matching 45acp for a song. Traded/sold off the 40s&w for a motorycle. Fella that I traded still has it and told him if he ever goes to sell it I'd like to know.

Don357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first pistol that I ever bought was a Davis, Bryco, Cobra, whatever you want to call it,.25acp. My 1st wife divorced me while I was stationed in Korea and it went with her. I hope the little gun lived up to its reputation.

MrFish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a Smith and Wesson Sigma 40 in 1997. Don't really remember anything bad or good about it. Don't recall it ever jamming and it would eat anything. Sold it to a buddy and bought a Beretta 96. I still have the Beretta, but only because I believe everyone should own a 92/96. Probably my least favorite handgun in my safe.

Shipwreck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock 17. Bought it in 1993.

Unfortunately, it was a jam-a-matic. I sent it to Glock, and it came back... Same issue.

I later traded it in on a Glock 19, and that gun worked fine.

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Glock 17. Bought it in 1993.

Unfortunately, it was a jam-a-matic. I sent it to Glock, and it came back... Same issue.

I later traded it in on a Glock 19, and that gun worked fine.

Not something you hear everyday. Mostly you hear you are more likely to be struck by lightning than have a Glock jam

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    ^^^^^^ What he said. Glocks don't jam. The pistols that jam are the ones advertised built to "close tolerances ". The pretty guns. BBQ guns. "Hand fit". Come with a target with "suspicious " looking holes in it.
    The guns that tell you to put $200 worth of ammo thru them to "gettum broke in".
    Ha !!! ---- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mark VII Desert Eagle 44 Mag. Was at my first assignment and I don't remember how I found it, but it was a parking lot deal right outside the main gate. Had fun with it and later sold it, still have the old red dot that came on it.

Top Bottom