• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bunch of penis swallowing liberals, they won’t get anymore of my money either.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Seems like everytime that there is a shooting incident,Academy takes all their AR's off the shelves and puts them in the back room. Couple weeks later they reappear.
    Wondering . . . who's ass are they smooching.
    Academy in P'cola is a non customer service store and the gun dept employee's don't know squat about guns,scopes/sights,or ammo. I haven't been there in sometime now. ---- SAWMAN

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is just messed up if you ask me! Email sent voicing my displeasure with the actions taken against the manager.

Last edited:

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I had planed on buying a couple of magazines from them this morning but instead, I will order the mags online (plenty of choices there). In addition, a nice little email to their CEO will explain why Academy Sports has been added to my “never shop there again list”. Me thinks their corporate HQ over reacted - I have my suspicions but will let that dog lie. Why not just put the manager on temporary leave until the dust settles? But what the hell do I know...……

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    This happens a lot, Not like this with stolen gun, but employees stopping a robbery or refusal to comply with crooks resulting in termination. As mentioned sometimes with ulterior motives, but used for basis of termination.
    Actually happened to me before, they say they don't want to be responsible for an employee getting hurt or killed while they are on the clock, and if I hurt or killed somebody, they would be sued hard. So basically give the robber the money or merchandise and let the cops and insurance handle it. In a simple robbery I can see that being ok, but when a gun is in your face or eminent danger to self or others could result, you have to act accordingly. I believe that the Manager did the right thing , acted very honorably and luckily got the perp subdued and all ended well. BUT what if he didn't get lucky and the robber pulled the weapon and started shooting people as a distraction to cover his escape? 7 customers dead another 6-8 wounded, what then ? Just food for thought. BTW I don't like the stores reaction either.

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ya'll got it all wrong. Academy just saved this manager's life. Read the article...the perp is going to get out of jail, he's going to steal another gun just like he said, he's more than likely going back to that Academy to shoot them up with said stolen gun, and guess who won't be there....

Ok, fine...that's just my silver lining justification to keep going there when my wife drags me to Burlington. But seriously, running out of places to buy outdoor and gun gear due to stupid actions of corporations based on flawed (backward) ideology...

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    While I understand why companies are reluctant to allow employees to attempt to apprehend retail theft suspects (for lack of a better word) due to concerns over legal liability if the thief gets hurt or Worker's Compensation if the employee gets hurt, all that changed the moment the thief threatened to start shooting people. At that point it was no longer a simple theft but rather a potential hostage situation or mass shooting. I think Academy should reward the manager with a nice raise and a two week paid vacation. Now I have no interest in going to their store if they are willing to let me be shot by some a$$hole stealing a gun.

Idoono

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    More on this and happy to see that there are other business out there that have offered this man a job:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ac...academy-sports-store-manager-fired-gun-thief/

About twenty years ago, when I worked part time for an office supply chain, a shoplifter ran out the door with a bunch of printer cartridges - there is a certain group of people that love to steal printer cartridges and sell them at flea markets - I’ll just call them gypsies. Well, the managers were alerted and gave chase. Unfortunately, the thief was able to get in his car, lock the doors and speed away. I do believe that if the managers were able to get him they could have subdued him. I also believe no manager would have been fired because back then the PC snowflakes had not fully infiltrated corporate headquarters.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Academy has hired him back, it seems that the back lash got their attention.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Academy has hired him back, it seems that the back lash got their attention.

Good deal! I just hope that they dont find or come up with any false made up reasons to let him go in the future.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sent them my thoughts on the matter. Its time to stop punishing the good guys and rewarding criminals. Like was said above, that could have turned lethal quick. Decisive action had to be taken.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man!!!!!! I aint going to have nowhere to buy my sporting stuff. I love fishing hunting and shooting. Dam

Top Bottom