• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The first question I would have asked him as his leader...Would you have chased and tackled him if he was running with a shirt? Answer would have probably been, "No." He could work for me

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Uh....question for you guys outraged here....

Did anyone not notice the second article posted about how they let the thief and going-to-be murderer go? As in, he's out of jail. As in...he's free to do exactly what he said he was going to do...steal again and go shoot someone?

"As for Mr. White, well, he was released from jail after making bond on July 6 as part of a “supervised mental health pre-trial release.” This despite the fact that White told an officer that “I will steal again when I get out of jail,” and he would shoot someone and that police would see him on the evening news. “Just you wait and see,” said White, according to the police report.

White has been ordered to stay away from Academy Sports and the pawn shop. Time will tell if he actually obeys the court order."

Has anyone contacted the local DA, sheriff, or judge handling this case? If the outrage should be anywhere, it should be on letting a clearly mentally ill person intent on breaking the law and causing bodily harm roam free on the streets. Just a couple pennies worth of a thought.

5532JWK

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since Academy Sports employees can't touch customers, I guess if someone needed CPR in their store, they could not perform it for fear of losing their job for touching a customer.

Fishinspot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So basically this is telling all bad guys they can now officially walk into an academy store get a gun and casually walk out and NO ONE will stop then. This is setting a precedence that is now more publicly know that the bad guys can very freely steal guns from academy with no resistance whatsoever. Good job academy.

5532JWK

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep and it is up to us as customers to make a point of not spending a dime in their stores.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, so Academy is right there with Dick's and Walmart. They are openly anti-gun and the parking lots are still full. With all the pro-gun people we have around here, you would think they'd be begging for business.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm pretty pumped that it won't be as crowded next time I go there... thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    good to know there is still some right in the world
    would be really neat if they paid him for the time lost...if not I'm not sure I would go back.

Last edited:

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    He should still sue, thats just terrible to think that in a life or death situation your employers first action is to fire you. If anybody thinks that the gun would not have killed sooner or later, you are part of the problem. That store manager is a hero and his actions clearly saved lives. Well done I say!

I'm banning Academy sales in my family for one year for their actions. Email sent

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm pretty pumped that it won't be as crowded next time I go there... thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My guess is the lot will still be full. May the prices be low and your wait short :tea:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If anybody thinks that the gun would not have killed sooner or later, you are part of the problem.

I don't think the gun would have ever killed anyone!!!!! Now the person behind it is another story! Tell me again how the gun was going to do anything without a human. A gun is just like any other tool out there.

If you think a gun is different from any other tool out there that needs a special category and we need to do something different because it's a "gun", then you are part of the problem. :smile:

I for one think every thief, no matter what they are trying to run out of a store with, should be tackled and beaten! I hate a thief!

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    the academy name is out there, but the real people to blame are the idiots that make these types of firing legal, and also the insurance companies that put force on the stores to do it. there is more than we know, and im sure it all envolves insurance companies and policies that academy probably cant control. maybe i dont know what im talking about. but this has happened more times than i can count over the course of my life with convenient store robberies and altercations where the store clerk was fired. its company policy because insurance forces it to be.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Tell me again how the gun was going to do anything without a human.

Yes, but the media has me convinced that the guns are evil! :rofl:

Thanks for catching my slip. I should have said that gun would sooner or later been used to commit crime against honest hard working Americans.

Top Bottom