• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There's a new range going up behind Hurlburt field. 20,000 sq ft facility. Anyone know if it will include an outdoor range? If so, how long? It's about time we had something in fort walton!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I assume it is open to public.

What is really needed locally are publicly accessible ranges of 600 to 1000 yards. I believe there are one or two around here, but from what I understand they are not too accessible. Most people that want to do long range shooting go to Pascagoula, MS to shoot. If there are longer ranges open locally, please someone here correct with the details.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don’t you have to be a member to shoot at Core

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Being member is not necessarily a deal breaker. It depends on what it costs and hours of operation.

They offer quite a bit. I will research that site some more. I will also talk to the high power competitors at PRPC to see what they know.
    https://www.coreshooting.com/pages/about-range
    About Range
    CORE Shooting Center Overview

The CORE Shooting Center is located near the Blackwater State Forest on private property in Baker, Florida. The Facility offers a scenic yet demanding environment that is ideal for real world training, year round. The facilities extensive acreage enables the use of over a dozen different ranges simultaneously. The 360 degree span of impact area enables engagements with varying winds, wooded areas, urban areas and open field targets. The facility was purposely built by leading professionals to maximize time and training effectiveness. It is CORE’s objective to provide the premier training and shooting facility for the southeast and nation. The CORE Shooting Center supports various Military/Special Operation Units, SWAT/SRT Law Enforcement Teams, civilians and leading competitors from across the nation. CORE is also the home of three national level shooting competitions and has quickly established a reputation as one of the elite firearms training facilities across the country. The CORE Shooting Center also offers memberships to a select number of responsible marksmen that appreciate the professional environment and semi-private nature of the facility. View the CORE Shooting Center Overview video or browse the above range slideshows for more photos and information.

CORE Precision Rifle Training Facility Features

Hover over range item for picture

300 Yard Paper Target Range
    1000 Yard Known Distance Range
    615 Yard Mover Range w/ Two Automated Mover Systems
    1000 Yard Unknown Distance Range
    1100 Yard Field Fire Range
    835 Yard Automated Range
    Eight 270 Degree Pistol and Carbine Bays
    250 Yard 270 Degree Carbine/Pistol Range
    100 Yard Covered Static Range
    Numerous Utility and Scenario based Ranges
    2400 Square Foot Pavilion
    Automated Classroom
    Various real world props, urban mock ups, obstacles and over 250 steel targets
    Covered tower/firing positions permit simultaneous training on the 1000 Yard Range, Mover Range or the 835 Yard Range and allows training to continue during inclement weather
    Bunk House w/ room for up to 30 people

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Memberships are sold out. One month is $49 to $540 for a year.
    Sold Out $ 149.00

Notify me when this product is available:

OUR RANGE MEMBERSHIPS ARE CURRENTLY FULL. IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE ADDEDT TO THE WAITING LIST, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR FULL NAME & CONTACT INFO TO members@coreshooting.com

Individual memberships run $45/month, or $540/annually.

Top Bottom