• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My home burnt in Mar of 2007. I had a quantity of ammo for my shooting enjoyment when I was to retire the next year, some in wood crates, some in cardboard, and some in metal USGI ammo cans. As best the fire marshal could determine, the fire started at or close to a small fridge in my garage. My insurance company also investigated before they'd finalize the claim. I was told of some items that caused them to feel we'd not set the fire: 1) We lost pets in the fire. 2) No one was home. 3) We'd not removed our insurance or other papers from the house. A neighbor, who'd never been in our house, and had no idea of what she was talking about or my shooting hobbies, told the News Journal that I stored grenades at my home.

Some of the 30/06 in M1 clips packed in metal ammo cans, did have a few bullets penetrate the sides of the cans; you could see the 30 caliber holes. No idea of how far the bullets went, but suspect since the cans were all stored upright and next to each other that the bullets went horizontal and were stopped by other cans. I can only guess that the way the rounds were packed provide enough confinement that enabled a little more oomph when they cooked off. Firemen said they weren't concerned about ammunition and put the fire out.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " I ate crayfish at the one on the levy at Henderson"
    I have spent many an hour working on those levees, they are always in need of repair it seems. We have a crew down there now. I like to eat at Prejeans when I'm there working.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " I ate crayfish at the one on the levy at Henderson"
    I have spent many an hour working on those levees, they are always in need of repair it seems. We have a crew down there now. I like to eat at Prejeans when I'm there working.

Prejeans is actually a few miles north of Lafayette on I-49. A bit far from Henderson. Not aware of any other restaruants they have operating. My co-worker's wife works there and according to her, there is no other restaruants in operation with the same name any where else. Just saying.

Top Bottom