Patriot Mobile

House sold and moving to SR county. Need insurance advice please.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppersled

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About 2 months ago I mentioned wanting to move to the Milton area if I sold my current home. Well the housing market in Baldwin county is so hot I sold it before I could get it on the market. I'm coming to Milton to look at some homes Sunday and I'm hoping to make an offer and lock something down. My question is, who is the best agency to purchase homeowners insurance from? I'm looking to purchase a single family residence on 1-5 acres if it is of any help When speaking to USAA today the car insurance agent said they didn't cover much in the area for homeowners but I'm taking that with a grain of salt and will call them back monday. The car insurance was more than double what I'm paying in Alabama BTW and I was a bit surprised! I do have a project car that is garage kept and not driveable and I was wondering if I have to keep it insured and registered like I do in Alabama to avoid back registration and insurance penalties when it becomes road worthy again. Thanks so much in advance and I look forward to meeting fellow GCGF neighbors in Florida!

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    shop around, for insurance. message me if you want, I'll send you a coupe business cards of local agents. just because USAA is a BIG name, they may not be the right choice. (IMO)

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    USAA insurance sucks, it's overpriced and their customer service has tanked the last 8-10 years. Look at some of the local brokers, they can usually find you the best deal in my experience. Ours found us Safe Harbor out.of Tampa for just under half the cost of USAA and a lot less hassle. They paid out everything recently minus the $500 decuctable on our 22 year old roof that was leaking. I figured they would either deny or prorate it which was fair. They didn't even question it.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Do you have a realtor, and if so, don’t they shop insurance quotes for you?

I work mainly Pace/Milton if you need one. it doesn’t cost you anything.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I use Spicer and Associates in Milton. I live in Gulf Breeze. They have routinely given me the best prices and coverages. I shop around every couple of years and have consistently had the lowest rate with Spicer.

Choppersled

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey thanks everybody. I do have a realtor I'm working with that seems to be doing what we need. If anything changes I'll let you know. Hound dog - that place is gorgeous and we both liked it when we saw it listed but it's a bit farther from the mother in law than what we wanted. Thank you and good luck with the sale though! We made an offer on a place north of Milton today on 5 acres and I'm waiting to hear back. I'll try the above mentioned agencies tomorrow. Thanks guys!

pcola4

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Frank! I live in Milton and have an independent agency. Call my cell number at 850 503 0201. Connell insurance agency. Insurance is a little different in Florida. I can help you through the process. A lot of companies out there. Some better than others. It all depends on the house and location as to which company you should go with. As far as the car goes if it’s not drivable and has no car tag you don’t need insurance on it. No penalty later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey thanks everybody. I do have a realtor I'm working with that seems to be doing what we need. If anything changes I'll let you know. Hound dog - that place is gorgeous and we both liked it when we saw it listed but it's a bit farther from the mother in law than what we wanted. Thank you and good luck with the sale though! We made an offer on a place north of Milton today on 5 acres and I'm waiting to hear back. I'll try the above mentioned agencies tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Did you hear back on the place you made an offer on?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Houses are certainly selling fast, better have a replacement lined up before marketing your home...I am seeing this all over this area, Congrats, hope your offer gets accepted

Choppersled

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks! The property I bid on was lost in legal issues.... Oh well. I have some back ups and am looking every day. I have 2 weeks before I go back to work and hope to make something work.

pcola4

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good luck! A lot of houses for sale right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Bearman Insurance, navarre.... I have home, auto, business coverage there.... good folk, good price, good service

Top Bottom