• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gandog56

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang bug bit me in the butt and made me get a new gun itch. I always wanted to get a revolver in 10mm. So I went to see what Ruger had offerengs of. They had three, a GP100, a Super Redhawk, and a Superblackhawk in 10mm. I didn't want a single action so the superblackhawk was out. Comparing the Super Redhawk and the GP100, I noticed the Superredhawk had a barrel a bit longer, and it came with a scope mount and screws in the box. So I went with the Redhawk. Got me a 2X7 variable pistol scope with a matching finish, and a total of 12 moon clips.
    j36pbKE.jpg

SO I took it out to the range and set up a target at fifty yards, and these were the very first six shots I took with the gun. Heck, I didn't even sight the scope in yet, the VERY first six shots. (Flyer was definitely MY fault) I think I may have a keeper here. As a side note, I was shooting MY 10mm reloads with 180 grain projectiles and Blue Dot powder.

0PFo6vb.jpg

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a super redhawk in 44 mag w/scope...it is a real fine shooting revolver though I don't shoot it near as much as I aught to...you'll like that gun a bunch...and yes, for my money, I'd take a double action revolver over a single action any day!

gandog56

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I already have a Redhawk in .44 mag. When I was deciding what model 10mm revolver I wanted Ruger gave me three choices a Superblackhawk, A Super Redhawk, and a GP-100. Th SBR was out, I wanted a double action because I hated how long it would take me to eject all the empties and reload it one at a time. When I'm at the range I don't want to be fumbling around with that. I also had no problems with using moon clips. They are just like mini speed loaders to me.This left me the SR and the GP-100. The SR had a barrel that was a bit longer, and it had a scope mount included in the box. Since this was never planned to be a carry piece I went with the SR. Bought the 2X7 variable Pistol scope separately.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    heck...maybe we need to start a big bore hunting pistol thread...still need to take a deer with this thing; that's what I bought it for almost 27 years ago...I think from Quints sporting goods in Saraland ifrc ruger44.JPG IMAGE_167.jpg

Attachments

• ruger44.JPG
      ruger44.JPG
      186.3 KB · Views: 199
    • IMAGE_167.jpg
      IMAGE_167.jpg
      635.8 KB · Views: 211

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dang bug bit me in the butt and made me get a new gun itch. I always wanted to get a revolver in 10mm. So I went to see what Ruger had offerengs of. They had three, a GP100, a Super Redhawk, and a Superblackhawk in 10mm. I didn't want a single action so the superblackhawk was out. Comparing the Super Redhawk and the GP100, I noticed the Superredhawk had a barrel a bit longer, and it came with a scope mount and screws in the box. So I went with the Redhawk. Got me a 2X7 variable pistol scope with a matching finish, and a total of 12 moon clips.
    j36pbKE.jpg

SO I took it out to the range and set up a target at fifty yards, and these were the very first six shots I took with the gun. Heck, I didn't even sight the scope in yet, the VERY first six shots. (Flyer was definitely MY fault) I think I may have a keeper here. As a side note, I was shooting MY 10mm reloads with 180 grain projectiles and Blue Dot powder.

0PFo6vb.jpg

I hear the hogs on the river running for there life. Only thing you need is a jon boat and bust some hogs on the delta. Look good.

Top Bottom