• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ok so I was thinking of building a new Ar and been doing some shopping around.
    My question is I thought about building a 7.62x39 but have seen videos and stuff about buying the upper made for the caliber I thought about all uppers were built the some but from what I’m reading they say using the 223/556 uppers won’t with stand the gasses or pressures of the x39 ammo is this a fact or just company’s trying to get me to buy from them.
    As always thanks for y’all input Edd

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Could you provide a link to the comment or statement that your referring too?

I have assembled a few great shooting 7.62x39 Ar's and the only parts that were different were the barrel, bolt, and muzzle device. You can use regular 5 and 10 rds mags if you have them. You only need 7.62 specific mags if your going 30rds as they have more of a curve to accommodate the tapper of the brass. Some people like to use a modified fire pin if they experience light primer strike on REAL military steel case ammo with tough primers. I have only experienced a light primer strike with one of my assemblies and that was due to the 3lb trigger setup and not an issue with the firing pin. I replaced the aftermarket trigger with an enhanced mil-spec type trigger and all is well.

Top Bottom