• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We’re intending to see some fire and hear some booms on the 4th. Lost my number one gunner though, he’s in boot camp in Fort Jackson now. Anyway we’ll be shooting the bowling ball mortar, the 4” mortar and now the smaller pool ball piece. Other grand children love to see the shooting.

Attachments

• B846D794-C64E-425A-85E6-20BAED327BBD.jpg
      B846D794-C64E-425A-85E6-20BAED327BBD.jpg
      248.6 KB · Views: 149

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those are real Beauties :) Should be a BLAST! :D

Kinda glad that its been a few years since I retired from the FD,
    always stand neighborhood firewatch this time of year anyway out of habit...
    one guy with a hose or FE can do a lot to keep a problem from getting out of control
    while FD is enroute...and administer 1st aid while waiting on the Ambo if need be...
    mostly I just hope & pray that everyone will be cautious and careful :)

Last edited:

oldwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bowling ball mortars are a hoot. I've often wondered who built the first one?

Probably Bubba,aka “hold my beer and watch this”. :p

We do have a strict procedure with loading and firing these. Safety is stressed.

Thanks big shrek, we never shoot these during dry times, should be little danger of fire with this weather

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those are real Beauties :) Should be a BLAST! :D

Kinda glad that its been a few years since I retired from the FD,
    always stand neighborhood firewatch this time of year anyway out of habit...
    one guy with a hose or FE can do a lot to keep a problem from getting out of control
    while FD is enroute...and administer 1st aid while waiting on the Ambo if need be...
    mostly I just hope & pray that everyone will be cautious and careful :)
    Some idiot shooting fireworks and setting the woods or nearby creek under story on fire is always my concern on the holidays. Fortunately i have gotten most of the forest cut back from my house and the neighbors privacy fences. The recent rains are really good about preventing fires. These #$*@@ jerks fire rockets from their property on to mine and that of others and think that is fine. I think the laws of self defense should be made more liberal than they are. I would like to treat them to my brand of fireworks with 30 cal tracers.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some idiot shooting fireworks and setting the woods or nearby creek under story on fire is always my concern on the holidays. Fortunately i have gotten most of the forest cut back from my house and the neighbors privacy fences. The recent rains are really good about preventing fires. These #$*@@ jerks fire rockets from their property on to mine and that of others and think that is fine. I think the laws of self defense should be made more liberal than they are. I would like to treat them to my brand of fireworks with 30 cal tracers.

You don't have to shoot them with tracers round. Buy you something big bad fireworks and point them at they land or house. They what I do.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom