• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys what's y'all opinion on a cz phantom for everyday carry in the winter. I got on in trade and really don't know much about them cause I'm a glock fan. I want to know good and bad ups and downs. And it also had about 500 rounds down the pipe.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Outside of the gun itself, I tend to focus on what guns are you more familiar with, if we're talking specific to ccw. I carry a striker fired gun and train mostly with a striker fire gun. I also own a SP01(thumb safety installed) that I mainly shoot competition with and also incorporate as a HD gun.
    Of course we could dive off into "train what you have" or something like that but...
    The CZ SP01 have served me very well with different types of ammo. A very flat shooting gun and feels great in the hand.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always carried a glock from 26 to 19 17 23 and 22. I just want to know on reliable and do have to upgrade parts. I wanted to something beside a glock and smith.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I always carried a glock from 26 to 19 17 23 and 22. I just want to know on reliable and do have to upgrade parts. I wanted to something beside a glock and smith.
    Fair enough. Look at Cajun Gun Works for parts and trigger packages. They do some cool work. Overall I've been pleased with mine.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fair enough. Look at Cajun Gun Works for parts and trigger packages. They do some cool work. Overall I've been pleased with mine.

I like it and the 18 round mags. I just want to get some options cause I want to carry everyday when winter comes back around.

TactiNormal

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's basically a polymer frame CZ75 so you get all the pluses of the CZ75 platform with a couple of minuses because of the polymer frame.

Plus:
    Very accurate
    High capacity
    Good trigger
    Lighter than standard frame

Minus:
    Only a "good" trigger. The polymer frame triggers don't clean up quite as nice as the metal frame CZs but you can still get a nice trigger out of them
    Less aftermarket support
    CZ builds a better polymer gun for CCW, the p07. The phantom series came earlier and is kind of a half solution whereas the P07/09 series is designed from the ground up to be a polymer hammer fired gun and the P10c is a striker fired polymer gun.

Aside from that, they're great guns and a good deal for what you get.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's basically a polymer frame CZ75 so you get all the pluses of the CZ75 platform with a couple of minuses because of the polymer frame.

Plus:
    Very accurate
    High capacity
    Good trigger
    Lighter than standard frame

Minus:
    Only a "good" trigger. The polymer frame triggers don't clean up quite as nice as the metal frame CZs but you can still get a nice trigger out of them
    Less aftermarket support
    CZ builds a better polymer gun for CCW, the p07. The phantom series came earlier and is kind of a half solution whereas the P07/09 series is designed from the ground up to be a polymer hammer fired gun and the P10c is a striker fired polymer gun.

Aside from that, they're great guns and a good deal for what you get.
    Ok I got 4 mags in the trade. And 500 thru it so I think I came out on top.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Do you have any problems with dry firing? With making the striker weak.

Top Bottom