• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went into Bass Pro Destin store today and there was a sign by the entrance saying all firearms must be checked in at customer service. It's been awhile since I was in there but don't remember seeing that before. Of course I didn't notice it until on my way out :wink: so went about my business. If they don't want us carrying in there that will most likely be my last time in the store.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was there a sign on the door prohibiting weapons. It should be visible from the outside. I could not find one for FL, but unless you see something like the below I would ignore it. They certainly do not want people handing them loaded firearms for safe guarding do they?

Illstatepolice.jpg

Attachments

• Illstatepolice.jpg
      Illstatepolice.jpg
      15.4 KB · Views: 279

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Went into Bass Pro Destin store today and there was a sign by the entrance saying all firearms must be checked in at customer service. It's been awhile since I was in there but don't remember seeing that before. Of course I didn't notice it until on my way out :wink: so went about my business. If they don't want us carrying in there that will most likely be my last time in the store.

I know those son's of a guns want to safety lock bows before they can before you can take them upstairs to have anything done to them and then on the way back down when they go to cut the zip tie they used to safety the bow they accidentally cut your strings.
    That would be the reason I a. don't go to Bass Pro Shops for bow work and B. bought my own bow press to do the work myself

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Could be wrong, but, if they are like Cabella's, and I think they are (same parent company perhaps) - I believe they mean ones you are bringing in to try and sell (or trade with) to them.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yep,as Loki sez above. (+ returns)
    Could you just imagine what all would be involved with having to check your CCW weapon.
    Can you say . . . . NIGHTMARE!!! ---- SAWMAN

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could be wrong, but, if they are like Cabella's, and I think they are (same parent company perhaps) - I believe they mean ones you are bringing in to try and sell (or trade with) to them.

Ok, that makes sense. Took a quick look at the sign and thought they meant ALL firearms, including ccw's. I've had other things on my mind lately so most likely read it wrong or took the wrong meaning from what I read.

tqctally

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Bass Pro Shops bought Cabela's out. The Tallahassee location is filled with Cabela's overflow merch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tqctally

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep,as Loki sez above. (+ returns)
    Could you just imagine what all would be involved with having to check your CCW weapon.
    Can you say . . . . NIGHTMARE!!! ---- SAWMAN

I tried to take a gun back to Bass Pro in Tallahassee and they told me that all guns sales were final, and could not be exchanged, at all. I would imagine they want the guns getting "work" done to them to be checked in.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

That sign has been there since day one when it opened. It's poorly worded because it's intended for firearms you might be bringing in for trade or to be sent for repair.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bass Pro Shops bought Cabela's out.

Wow, did not know that.

Cabellas was our day trip / road trip fun store when we lived up in South Dakota. Haven't been in a Bass Pro but from pictures and talking with other people, they looked very similar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom