• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will be reloading for my 45-70 and I am wondering where everyone buys their boolits????

I have been reading up on the use of lead cast rounds in the 45-70 and I think I am going to load up some 405 gr 45-70 rounds.

Being new to reloading, I am wondering where is everyone's preference for such a commodity? There's the typical places like MidwayUSA and Widners and other typical websites. But upon further investigation, there seems to be quite the choice for cast boolits online with lesser known online places.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Magnus bullets I have bought are very good quality and hard cast. But I agree with bohica, casting your own is an answer looking you in the face

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    The Magnus bullets I have bought are very good quality and hard cast. But I agree with bohica, casting your own is an answer looking you in the face

Yep that's what I do too for everything but precision long range rifle bullets

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For handgun calibers I use Summers Enterprises in Mississippi. Donny Summers ships out usually the same day. Good prices too.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like mid-south shooters for match bullets. I look for blems for 300 blackout subs. I found midsouth carries a 220gr spire point. Its like .20 per bullet.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don’t know if Palmetto Projectiles is still in business but DON’T order from them if they are
    I ordered 1000 hi-tec coated 124 grain 9 mm and they shipped me 1000 hi-tech coated 204 grain 308. I’ve emailed them numerous times with no response. Lucky for me I reload for both 30/06 & 308 Win so I can use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don’t know if Palmetto Projectiles is still in business but DON’T order from them if they are
    I ordered 1000 hi-tec coated 124 grain 9 mm and they shipped me 1000 hi-tech coated 204 grain 308. I’ve emailed them numerous times with no response. Lucky for me I reload for both 30/06 & 308 Win so I can use them.

He actually isnt. He complained that the market for reloading had bottomed out amd he couldnt make money. Its on his webpage.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The 308 he sent me cost about twice the price of the 9 mm I ordered. Between mistakes like that and not responding to emails I can understand what put him out of business

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry I pour my own. Can’t help you.

Do you add alloy (can't remember what and in what qty) to make your bullets hard cast? I have a small melting pot and a little lead I use to pour jig heads and have considered pouring my own, but I don't have a source of free lead anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom