• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    464™ SPX Lever Action Centerfire Rifles
    464 SPX offers a new twist to a classic line of lever-actions, and brings new era of lever actions to today’s hunters and shooters.

They need to fold the end of the lever into a pistol grip while they are at it and also fit a box or drum magazine.
    41026-catalog-new.jpg

ins_464SPX-stock.jpg

ins_464-3-dot-sights.jpg

Attachments

• 41026-catalog-new.jpg
      41026-catalog-new.jpg
      13.8 KB · Views: 227
    • ins_464SPX-stock.jpg
      ins_464SPX-stock.jpg
      20.5 KB · Views: 229
    • ins_464-3-dot-sights.jpg
      ins_464-3-dot-sights.jpg
      11.3 KB · Views: 235

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Seen a few of em around - according to the all knowing interweb, they're crappy. IMO the new Midwest Industries handguards coming out for Marlin and Henry look better. Still, I'll take good ol' wood and steel when it comes to levers.

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Yeah they are definitely lame. If you want a "tactical" .30 rifle get a 300 blackout or similar ar15. I don't understand why you would want to destroy such a timeless classic like a lever 30-30 by trying to make it something it's not

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yeah they are definitely lame. If you want a "tactical" .30 rifle get a 300 blackout or similar ar15. I don't understand why you would want to destroy such a timeless classic like a lever 30-30 by trying to make it something it's not

What's even worse is that they "modernized" and "reinvented" the Winchester 94 to make this line of rifles. How can we make a rifle design better after over 100 years of proven reliability? Let's stick three safeties in it.

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I rented one at Jay's range in Baker several years ago and the action was like grinding metal. Horrible. I have a 1953 Winchester, a new Marlin Guide gun and a Rossi 1892 and all of them are like butter compared to the 464. Worse Mossberg I have ever fired.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It looks like something that would have been goverenment mandated, it reminds me of Obama care.

Luv2Hunt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the same level as their AR.
    Would make "Hogan's Goat" look like a precission instrument. ---- SAWMAN

Sawman, I have to disagree about the Mossberg MMR (AR). I have owned several factory ARs, Spikes, Carbon 15, Remingtons and the Mossberg. The first three mentioned would not feed softpoints reliably, regardless of the maker. I tried some of the nastiest looking bullets I could find, FMJ, softpoints, ballistic tips, even half broken tipped frangibles and the MMR ate them like candy without a single problem. Fired it sideways, upside down, mixed all the bullets together, just couldn't make the thing jam. It did have a weird grip/trigger guard thing though, but dependable as all get out!

Top Bottom