• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Old,arrogant _________ guys almost never get banned.
    I fit that description and the mods have never even considered banning me . . . right ??
    Of course Frank got banned but he is not really a _________ guy. Not really old enough either.
    Can we please start a " ban pool" ?? Kinda like a football pool. ---- SAWMAN

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Old,arrogant _________ guys almost never get banned.
    I fit that description and the mods have never even considered banning me . . . right ??
    Of course Frank got banned but he is not really a _________ guy. Not really old enough either.
    Can we please start a " ban pool" ?? Kinda like a football pool. ---- SAWMAN

No because a member could deliberately provoke the mods to get banned - and poking the moderators is a bad idea :)

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    almost 20,000 posts on many different forums, around the world, never got banned til now...not a bad average...had plenty of posts deleted, and warnings a couple or so

guess I am not arrogant enough..i will work on that, although I am not real good at that, I know I don't know it all..

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    almost 20,000 posts on many different forums, around the world, never got banned til now...not a bad average...had plenty of posts deleted, and warnings a couple or so

guess I am not arrogant enough..i will work on that, although I am not real good at that, I know I don't know it all..

It's nothing personal. We simply needed to wake folks up and make some examples.

We want everyone to enjoy the forum and quite honestly upon reflection we let it go far too long before we starting giving people temporary timeouts.
    I've moderated a couple forums, I am part owner in another forum and I've gotten temp bans a few times in the last 18 years of being on forums.........................everyone of them earned.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It's nothing personal. We simply needed to wake folks up and make some examples.

We want everyone to enjoy the forum and quite honestly upon reflection we let it go far too long before we starting giving people temporary timeouts.
    I've moderated a couple forums, I am part owner in another forum and I've gotten temp bans a few times in the last 18 years of being on forums.........................everyone of them earned.

yep, it didn't hurt, don't sweat the petty things, just pet the sweaty things

I will concentrate on augmenting my collections, tired of arguing with someone who argues with a road sign, and takes the wrong way home...

:drama:

mods have a hard job, but then again, that's why they pay you the big bucks...

Bootwo2000

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive been gone from the forum for a while mainly because after I got my AR the way I wanted it I didn't have a reason to. Came back to start looking for a revolver. Found a bunch of whining. Found mods who are being forced to act like kindergarten teachers putting little bickering children in time out. Found a bunch of GROWN ASS MEN acting like my 7 year old daughter. Yal need to grow up. If an anti constitution liberal wants to come in here and trash you then ignore them. Responding only feeds the troll. Keep scrolling. Nothing beats baseless vitriol better than not paying attention to it. Stop sucking and Make TGCGF Great Again.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ive been gone from the forum for a while mainly because after I got my AR the way I wanted it I didn't have a reason to. Came back to start looking for a revolver. Found a bunch of whining. Found mods who are being forced to act like kindergarten teachers putting little bickering children in time out. Found a bunch of GROWN ASS MEN acting like my 7 year old daughter. Yal need to grow up. If an anti constitution liberal wants to come in here and trash you then ignore them. Responding only feeds the troll. Keep scrolling. Nothing beats baseless vitriol better than not paying attention to it. Stop sucking and Make TGCGF Great Again.

I’ll address the most important part:
    What kind of revolver?

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I get what you're saying. I agree that people can be ignored, and I suggest doing the exact same to extreme right wingers. I trust most of the members here realize that what is fair for the goose is fair for the gander.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I get what you're saying. I agree that people can be ignored, and I suggest doing the exact same to extreme right wingers. I trust most of the members here realize that what is fair for the goose is fair for the gander.

Who did the Goose vote for?

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Fairness" is a value term whose meaning depends on the point of view of the person using it. It is a dangerous word, usually invoked when someone doesn't get their way in an effort to instill guilt into its target. Children use it all the time ("That's not fair!"). Life isn't fair. Get used to it.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Fairness" is a value term whose meaning depends on the point of view of the person using it. It is a dangerous word, usually invoked when someone doesn't get their way in an effort to instill guilt into its target. Children use it all the time ("That's not fair!"). Life isn't fair. Get used to it.
    adjective: fair; comparative adjective: fairer; superlative adjective: fairest

in accordance with the rules or standards; legitimate.
    "the group has achieved fair and equal representation for all its members"
    synonyms: just, equitable, honest, upright, honorable, trustworthy

That's what it really means. Your example about the children is well understood though.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Life is not fair, but we can be, especially with each other.

Top Bottom