• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was banned from participating in any forum discussions for a period of time. I'm not sure how long I was banned because It's been a week or so since I posted anything. I just realized it this morning when I went on to see what was the latest hot topics. Luckily today was the last day of my ban. The reason cited was the decline of this forum due to political discussions.

I would have thought a specific incidence would have prompted my ban and not just someone thinking they know my political leanings.

A forum, by its namesake, is a discussion between sometime opposing views. This country is very politically polarized nowadays and sometimes politics become a topic of discussion.

The "Off Topic" section is just that. A space where members can discuss those Non-gun related topic of interest.

I asked the moderator if this website was an open forum or a space where like-minded individuals can come to reaffirm their already entrenched views. I was assured all views were welcome. I was also advised that my views were disruptive and deemed trolling.

As all can see from my posting, I have strong views about our current president. I accept that may not be the majority sentiment here, however I feel all views should be heard. I have never posted anything untrue.

Early on I was advised that my views would quickly get me kicked off this site, because its just a site of old, arrogant ________ guys who purportedly know better than everyone else.

I'm here to say that gun enthusiast come in all hues, races and religions. This country is a great nation that has stumble, but will soon regain its footing. Just as General Custer, this current failed ideology and group think will fail and the good and decent folks will inherit this great nation.

If this post gets me permanently banned, it only proves my point!

Master Guns!!!!

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope you don't think you were the only one banned when in fact several people were banned
    so I wouldn't take it personal.

Yes, a few got banned. As the saying goes, "Loose lips, sinks ships". Best to think before opening mouth and posting.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Your first eight posts on this forum were about introductions or guns. Coincidentally, they were in 2014. Every other post since you started again in April 2018 was political or in a political thread. Every single one.

Your posts usually contain some thinly veiled jab at people who might disagree with you, and you are comfortable making a person's skin color a quantifying characteristic on how they might think or act. Heck, in your post above, you did all of those things.

You are demonstrating a textbook example of what "disruptive" and "trolling" looks like.

Thanks for letting us know you were given a vacation. Others were too. All have various viewpoints. I don't seem to see any threads started by them, though.

It's a gun forum, man. We have differences of opinions. Yes, there's an "Off-Topic" section, but it doesn't give free reign to start shooting Internet arrows of hate and venom.

NOBODY is gonna Change ANYBODY's opinions here.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Snake-eyes for president! That was beautiful, man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Grifdawg

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NOBODY is gonna Change ANYBODY's opinions here.

I guess my point is that despite what the majority thinks, gun enthusiast are varied individuals. If no one pushes back on wrong, it continues to metastasized. I'm likely the most caring person on this forum. I guess you've not read many of the other "acceptable" post here. You know there are hateful conservatives on this forum. I challenge them. I try not to give them free space to spew their hatred and intolerence.

I don't expect to change anyone's opinion. I only hope to open a slit for human decency to seep through.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm likely the most caring person on this forum. You know there are hateful conservatives on this forum. I challenge them. I try not to give them free space to spew their hatred and intolerence.
    " I'm likely the most caring person on this forum." And I am saying that is BS!
    " You know there are hateful conservatives on this forum. I challenge them. I try not to give them free space to spew their hatred and intolerence." And again more BS since there are just as many bleeding heart liberals such as yourself bitching, moaning, crying, and whinning, claiming foul when some one posts something that you can not deal with which is most likely what got your banned!

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ...This country is a great nation that has stumble, but will soon regain its footing...

Didn't bother with quoting the rest of your post but at least one thing you said was true. Yes, this nation stumbled. Twice electing a left wing nut to the Presidency almost brought this country to it's knees. For 8 years we saw the rapid decline of America, socially, economically and in world wide stature, but in just over 500 days President Trump is getting this righted and back on course. By 2024 things should be good enough that a hand off to Mike Pence for 8 more years of positive guidance will really have us humming!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was banned from participating in any forum discussions for a period of time. I'm not sure how long I was banned because It's been a week or so since I posted anything. I just realized it this morning when I went on to see what was the latest hot topics. Luckily today was the last day of my ban. The reason cited was the decline of this forum due to political discussions.

I would have thought a specific incidence would have prompted my ban and not just someone thinking they know my political leanings.

A forum, by its namesake, is a discussion between sometime opposing views. This country is very politically polarized nowadays and sometimes politics become a topic of discussion.

The "Off Topic" section is just that. A space where members can discuss those Non-gun related topic of interest.

I asked the moderator if this website was an open forum or a space where like-minded individuals can come to reaffirm their already entrenched views. I was assured all views were welcome. I was also advised that my views were disruptive and deemed trolling.

As all can see from my posting, I have strong views about our current president. I accept that may not be the majority sentiment here, however I feel all views should be heard. I have never posted anything untrue.

Early on I was advised that my views would quickly get me kicked off this site, because its just a site of old, arrogant ________ guys who purportedly know better than everyone else.

I'm here to say that gun enthusiast come in all hues, races and religions. This country is a great nation that has stumble, but will soon regain its footing. Just as General Custer, this current failed ideology and group think will fail and the good and decent folks will inherit this great nation.

If this post gets me permanently banned, it only proves my point!

Master Guns!!!!

You were banned because just like this post you are incapable of discussing topics in a sensible manner without child like emotion. And with that let's do 14 days on the ban train for the two items bolded above for being disruptive and unfriendly towards fellow members by calling them old, arrogant ___________guys.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't bother with quoting the rest of your post but at least one thing you said was true. Yes, this nation stumbled. Twice electing a left wing nut to the Presidency almost brought this country to it's knees. For 8 years we saw the rapid decline of America, socially, economically and in world wide stature, but in just over 500 days President Trump is getting this righted and back on course. By 2024 things should be good enough that a hand off to Mike Pence for 8 more years of positive guidance will really have us humming!

[RANT]

You've been trolled and swallowed the bait.

As the individual who started the "Ban Political Topics" thread, allow me to point to this as the point where most of the "political discussions" devolve into shouting matches containing accusations, innuendo, rumors and general BS -- everything BUT respectful discussion. If we could actually have a civilized discussion utilizing FACTS and LOGICAL THOUGHT (concepts typically foreign to political diatribes, I know) I would not have posted in the first place. Unfortunately, within 2-3 pages (if that much), every political thread ceases to be a "discussion" and those involved start slapping their dicks out on the table to see whose is the biggest.

Stopping this crap begins with recognizing the troll, then IGNORING IT. It does not deserve the time and effort necessary to respond to it and doing so only encourages more of the same.

That is all.
    [/RANT]

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I take no pleasure in banning people, but some folks can't help themselves.

As the saying goes the freedom of choice doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You were banned because just like this post you are incapable of discussing topics in a sensible manner without child like emotion. And with that let's do 14 days on the ban train for the two items bolded above for being disruptive and unfriendly towards fellow members by calling them old, arrogant ___________guys.

Idk if it makes a difference or not but the second bold, I believe that’s a quote of the “advisement” the got.

Top Bottom