• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Video of man carrying appendix shooting himself in the groin while bending over. The gun is in a holster and his hands are not near the gun at all when he gets shot. The video is only 50 seconds long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExW3lt3hxbk

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You'll shoot your dick off! Probably a leather holster where an the edge of it got caught in the trigger guard when re-holstering, I don't see that happening with a kydex style holster.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Saw this video from a different host, linked from another forum. "That" video claimed it was a Glock 23 in a G-code Tactical IWB.

Not sure how credible a video, or what happened, if it's real.

The Glock won't just spontaneously fire. The drop safety and firing pin safety don't just "break" simultaneously. The Glock is fired because the trigger was pulled.

If the gun isn't secured properly carrying AIWB, when you bend over, your thigh/leg could push up the muzzle and push the gun out of the holster. After that, your trigger is exposed. Get a holster that holds the gun securely.

EDIT to add:
    If this video is real, it's either a very rare and precisely timed catastrophic failure of the weapon, or it's a gun whose trigger was pulled. On ANY gun, if there's a round in the chamber and the trigger is pulled, unless there is an additional active safety, it should fire.

The debate of "safety or not" is not a Glock-only concern.

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Personally, I wouldn't use anything other than a DA/SA with an AIWB setup. This guy unfortunately demonstrated why.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There was a video shared here a while back showing a female competitive shooter being shot in the leg from her holstered glock. Her hand was no where near the gun. The gun had been modified by a previous owner. She almost had her leg amputated due to complications. I think JWLineman had started that thread.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I watched the video, I thought I heard the sound of the gun locking into the holster near the beginning of the video - say around 16-18 second mark. That sound made me think it was a kydex holster.

On another note, he certainly does seem to be taking his time in holstering the weapon.

Then between 36 seconds and 38 seconds you see him pull the holster out of belt and throw it to the ground. It looks like a black kydex holster to me but it could be a black leather holster.

One last point, after he is shot he pulls the gun out and throws it to the ground. Obvious safety issues and can anyone see the condition of the weapon? I would assume that it is jammed or at the very least that the slide did not fully retract. Can anyone tell?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If we look at the Shop background we see paper targets displayed and what generally looks like a gun shop and/or Range. You would think there would be some level of expertise there.

Since the guy is gearing up behind the counter, I don't think he CC'd into the Shop, might not be his gear and actually Shop Issue or he got complacent. I say this because I think when he holsters the firearm: that it is not fully or correctly seated in the holster (having stopped due to obstruction against trigger. He should have recognized this dangerous condition by the resistance and the pistol "riding high". The obstruction could have been part of the holster or his clothing "held rigid" by the holster, belt or body pressure. As he bends over: more pressure is exerted on the pistol while the trigger is held stationary until the gun depresses further into holster and the gun discharges. Other reports say it was a belly through and through.

The networks will cover this ND but not self defense firearm use. Agenda driven news.

Beside the knucklehead, has anybody not read holster instructions or heard: Insert gun into holster, then holster into IWB position.

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Beside the knucklehead, has anybody not read holster instructions or heard: Insert gun into holster, then holster into IWB position.

Does anyone actually do this with a belt carry holster. I follow this instruction on the few occasions that I carry inside the pocket but virtually never when I carry IWB or OWB (although I do not carry appendix)

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There was some discussion on this a week or so ago on another gun group I'm in. If I recall it's a G43 in a Gcode Incog(kydex iwb) holster.
    A couple points, one it looks as though the gun doesn't fully seat into the holster even though there's a click of some kind, and two, it's not clear what mods have been done to the pistol (i.e. short reset trigger).
    I would speculate that something, like his undershirt, followed the gun into the holster and was resting inside the trigger guard. When the gun "clicked into place" it wasn't fully seated and the trigger was pressed. He bent over pushing the gun farther into the holster and the trigger was pulled by the shirt as it slid down farther into the holster. Of course this is my assumption.
    With that said, over the past few months I have moved into AIWB carry and do so regularly, even taking a 2 day course defensive pistol course where there were countless draws and reholsters while carrying AIWB. I have found it to be an excellent way to carry and the "shoot your dick off" feeling is a lack of trust and/or knowledge in skill and equipment. Nothing personal just my experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OWB is a different story from IWB. Some IWB rigs have fixed belt loops while others slide over the top. If your not following MFG instructions and best safety practices, your rolling the dice. IMHO

I IWB appendix carry up to a G23 daily. I feel it provides a higher level of physical retention control, faster, more discreet draw and access. By all means stay in your comfort and skill zone. One size does not fit all.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Never liked the light triggers and no safeties of the newer guns for aiwb carry or for duty carry (we didn't have them when I was on the job). If I carry aiwb it is a revolver with a nice heavy trigger pull, which I have trained for and will never notice in a real life situation anyway due to adrenaline.

bigbirney

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jesus that hurt me just watching it. Full body shiver ensued. Incidentally buddy of mine used to carry a Detonics 45 in his boot back in 80s when concealable pistol options were very limited. One night he went to pull it out of boot and shot his heel off his foot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    AIWB EDC is as safe as the person doing it.

Modern firearms don't just spontaneously go boom. There is either a catastrophic failure of the weapon, or the trigger was pulled.

I agree with JWlineman: the uneasy feeling goes away if you have confidence in your weapon, your training, and your holster.

The Glock is perfectly safe. Round in the chamber, throw it against a wall. Not gonna go off. (Unless something hooks the trigger and pulls it)

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AIWB EDC is as safe as the person doing it.

Modern firearms don't just spontaneously go boom. There is either a catastrophic failure of the weapon, or the trigger was pulled.

I agree with JWlineman: the uneasy feeling goes away if you have confidence in your weapon, your training, and your holster.

The Glock is perfectly safe. Round in the chamber, throw it against a wall. Not gonna go off. (Unless something hooks the trigger and pulls it)

Exactly, I've carried and taught AIWB for close to 20 years. Regardless of the holster position you are either sweeping yourself or someone else when the gun is in the holster. Hence the term Glock leg. SOB you're pointing it at everyone on your muzzle side, shoulder holster either everyone behind you or yourself. Carrying a holstered gun is an educated and calculated risk. If you don't pay attention it will bite you.

The gun and holster in question here is a G43 in an INCOG holster. If I were to venture a guess I would say he got some t-shirt in the holster and body movement tugged on it and pulled the trigger. Of the three ADs I know of personally while carrying AIWB all three were with individuals using fairly new gear they were unfamiliar with and got t-shirts into the holster.

Personally I don't have any issue carrying any pistol I own AIWB but mainly carry either a Glock of some variety or 1911. It's not for everyone and if a person questions their ability or desire to do it then they shouldn't.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I didn’t see where t shirt got in, in fact it looks like he pulled the shirt down and over the piece before he walked, and then bent down(kablam).
    But I also can’t tell a whole lot from the quality of the video.
    Perhaps undershirt.

I assume that the make and model of pistol and holster was somehow verified from the people in the video, and not based off the images/video?

Also, I’ve been known to aiwb without a holster.

Top Bottom