• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • butre

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I appendix carry, and have done so for the past 20 years, and have never shot myself.

the secret? kydex. leather holsters, even molded leather, they get pliable. that means eventually the holster is gonna get stuck in the trigger guard.

I know leather holsters are more comfortable, that's why I use one for my occasional 3:00 carry. but I replace mine every year or so.

leather appendix holsters last about as long as socks. wear a pair of dress socks under your boots, and you'll know about how often you need a new holster.

plus whenever you reholster a gun you should take off the holster first. that's like rule 2 after dont draw on someone because they made you slightly sad

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never seen a pliable Kydex holster that wasn't directly subjected to a heat gun. If its stiff enough for snap in retention of the handgun, it should be good to go. It might be a Kydex material thickness issue, what Brand kydex holster went bad?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I appendix carry, and have done so for the past 20 years, and have never shot myself.

the secret? kydex. leather holsters, even molded leather, they get pliable. that means eventually the holster is gonna get stuck in the trigger guard.

I know leather holsters are more comfortable, that's why I use one for my occasional 3:00 carry. but I replace mine every year or so.

leather appendix holsters last about as long as socks. wear a pair of dress socks under your boots, and you'll know about how often you need a new holster.

plus whenever you reholster a gun you should take off the holster first. that's like rule 2 after dont draw on someone because they made you slightly sad
    Removing the entire holster in order to reholster is not practical if you train with that holster. But there are some circumstances where i might do that when storing the gun in car the to enter a prohibited CCW area.

Top Bottom