• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find it prints less, easier to get too when sitting, easy to get too with weak hand, i find it just as comfortable as any other iwb position
    That's cool for revolvers and DA/SA semiautos, but setting yourself up for disaster with a no safety striker fire like a Glock or something similar.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    While I agree(I carry revolvers),
    Stupid mistakes can easily defeat double actions and exposed hammers.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been carrying a G26 and G27 fer 20 years, never shot myself... Just a freak thing hopefully. I know some folks like the clips on the firearm so less bulky but that is where I wouldn't trust carrying concealed if that's all there was...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been carrying a G26 and G27 fer 20 years, never shot myself... Just a freak thing hopefully. I know some folks like the clips on the firearm so less bulky but that is where I wouldn't trust carrying concealed if that's all there was...
    Make sure you use a holster that is properly made and in good repair. It is normally in the act of holstering that gets people shot and it is hard to see how it could happen from bending over. There is some question as to how honest that video is meaning some think it was faked. Does anyone have a copy of the police report for that shooting.
    To avoid accidents one has to make sure that part of a shirt or something else does not get jammed into the holster when the pistol is re-holstered.
    For concealed it is my major way of carry. At home I use a bandoleer holster which is not so different from a tanker style rig and when about on my place I put a j frame .38 in a holster and put it into a front pocket for snakes and such. Moderator Donr's response is interesting since he use to work for a major proponent of appendix carry and I see his personal opinion is different. I agree that heavier triggers do give some safety margin here. Likely ankle carry is the safest of all since the worst you can do is shoot yourself in the foot lol.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From ND incidents like this we can learn something new or re enforce what we know and evaluate out daily practices. There's too few facts and too many possible variables to draw factual conclusions. Some folks may be reevaluating their carry location and firearm but I don't see someone else's failures as a reason to change. There may be a market for a holster mounted Level III bullet deflector which will safeguard all body parts! Lol

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Moderator Donr's response is interesting since he use to work for a major proponent of appendix carry and I see his personal opinion is different. I agree that heavier triggers do give some safety margin here. Likely ankle carry is the safest of all since the worst you can do is shoot yourself in the foot lol.

I haven't followed anything he's doing since I left him, but I"m not really sure where I disagree with him on AIWB unless he's advocating no holster/trigger guard AIWB for striker fire pistols. There is plenty of other things he and I disagree on, but historically AIWB wasn't one of them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seriously question the validity of this video. I saw no smoke, no damage to his trousers and his reaction just seemed a bit off to me. JMHO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m 70 yrs old, been carrying concealed since graduating from MD State Police Academy in 1969. I also carry on my hip sometimes cross draw and sometimes conventional. I’ve never had a mishap of any kind. I know accidents happen even to experienced gun owners but there are too many things about this video that just don’t seem right.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dito but without the Training. Where did you go and are there sill spots left to sign up for training?

Thanks!
    Sorry I just saw this question i had unsubscribed to this thread.
    I took a 16 hr course with Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics in Georgia. A defensive carry course geared to RDS pistols.
    0287dbe2d2758909e2da8cdbeca46dbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry I just saw this question i had unsubscribed to this thread.
    I took a 16 hr course with Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics in Georgia. A defensive carry course geared to RDS pistols.
    0287dbe2d2758909e2da8cdbeca46dbe.jpg

Who milled your slide?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's the CORE model, comes factory milled.

Were the co-witness sights part of the package? SI charges an arm and a leg for milling out a glock slide. Once the equipment is set up a machinist can mill those out very fast, but there is not anyone near me that I know of that does such work.
    I see that that at least one other group is offering a course on RDS equipped guns. I wonder about the need of such for myself. The RMR that I have seems intuitive and anyway I have been shooting target guns equipped with RDS since the 90's. Maybe there is something that I do not know and should about them.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yes these are the stock sights that c ok me with the M&P. As far as the application of a RDS on pistols, I look at it like a RDS on a rifle. As technology and tactics/training have evolved around the RDS, I feel it will replace irons like they have on rifles. If that makes sense

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes these are the stock sights that c ok me with the M&P. As far as the application of a RDS on pistols, I look at it like a RDS on a rifle. As technology and tactics/training have evolved around the RDS, I feel it will replace irons like they have on rifles. If that makes sense

For shooting at a distance under daylight conditions rds sights are the way to go. Most gunfights are close range events often occurring under poor lighting conditions. So ironsights and what is called meat on the metal still have an important place in the art of the pistol. A downside to the precise use of iron sights during a gunfight is that you must focus on the front sight and not on your opponent. Optical sights put everything on the same plan of focus.

Top Bottom