• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn’t see where t shirt got in, in fact it looks like he pulled the shirt down and over the piece before he walked, and then bent down(kablam).
    But I also can’t tell a whole lot from the quality of the video.
    Perhaps undershirt.

I assume that the make and model of pistol and holster was somehow verified from the people in the video, and not based off the images/video?

Also, I’ve been known to aiwb without a holster.

Most people who carry this way use an undergarment to protect their skin from either rubbing the cocking serrations or getting pinched between the pistol and the sweat guard depending on the holster.
    My info on the gun and holster comes from a member on another forum who was reportedly there when it happened.
    In my experience unless someone is there to call it no one will acknowledge screwing up it will always be said that "the gun just went off".

The other thing that makes me believe he got an undergarment caught in the holster is that if you slow the video down when he pulls the gun out and drops it, it appears that the entire front section of white t-shirt comes out with it and hangs over his belt.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    To address a potential undershirt issue I've started wearing a sport compression type shirt. Fits close to the body and actually helps pull heat from the body(for us "big boned" fellas). There's an even lesser risk the shirt drifting into the holster. Of course this can be avoided by looking into the holster to make sure it's clear and following the gun all the way into the holster. Proper technique and equipment go a long way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To address a potential undershirt issue I've started wearing a sport compression type shirt. Fits close to the body and actually helps pull heat from the body(for us "big boned" fellas). There's an even lesser risk the shirt drifting into the holster. Of course this can be avoided by looking into the holster to make sure it's clear and following the gun all the way into the holster. Proper technique and equipment go a long way.

Yep, I wear wife beaters one size smaller than my overshirt and look when re-holstering. With the exception of the Serpa holster most AD/NDs happen when people are holstering their gun. I'm not a beat cop trying to handcuff felons by myself so there isn't any valid reason I can think of to not take 2/10 of a second to clear my holster first as a civilian.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well, I’m currently carrying a TS Shield AIWB, and looking at DA/SA. Maybe going back to PX4 or P239.
    That’s some scary sh!t...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My belly is to big for AIWB carry so I'm good to go. Thanks for the f'ed up video though! Terrifying.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks donr, I know lineman said he’d followed this elsewhere also. I just can’t tell by the video, with my eyes on this phone.
    I had a theory but if the holsters an incog nvm. I forget people who love to do laundry wear undergarments, and by that I mean almost everyone but me.
    You ain’t wrong about calling it, that’s why I typically dismiss people who were alone somewhere and their glock just went off. This wouldn’t be the first time a shirt got in front of a trigger, if that’s what it is.

I’m about to break out the compression shirt for summer, they do wick moisture and help fight chaffing and heat rash, but I HATE the things. Hot, stuffy, an extra layer of insulation. Just my milage.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I’m currently carrying a TS Shield AIWB, and looking at DA/SA. Maybe going back to PX4 or P239.
    That’s some scary sh!t...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 239 and 225/P6 both carry very well this way. My two favorite single stacks to carry are my Sig P6 and H&K P7. The P7 just disappears.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The problem with most da/sa is their weight comprared to plastic striker nines.

I’d recommend looking at the Springfield xde, although I don’t know how much they weigh and also grip zone.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was some discussion on this a week or so ago on another gun group I'm in. If I recall it's a G43 in a Gcode Incog(kydex iwb) holster.
    A couple points, one it looks as though the gun doesn't fully seat into the holster even though there's a click of some kind, and two, it's not clear what mods have been done to the pistol (i.e. short reset trigger).
    I would speculate that something, like his undershirt, followed the gun into the holster and was resting inside the trigger guard. When the gun "clicked into place" it wasn't fully seated and the trigger was pressed. He bent over pushing the gun farther into the holster and the trigger was pulled by the shirt as it slid down farther into the holster. Of course this is my assumption.
    With that said, over the past few months I have moved into AIWB carry and do so regularly, even taking a 2 day course defensive pistol course where there were countless draws and reholsters while carrying AIWB. I have found it to be an excellent way to carry and the "shoot your dick off" feeling is a lack of trust and/or knowledge in skill and equipment. Nothing personal just my experience.

Gotta admit "shoot your dick off" carry is a much more interesting name than appendix carry :)

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm intrigued by something like this. I've shot a STI competition but I'd like to try the carry version. Of course for the money a lot of other options can be had.
    87eaa08131374371a6305ae4d925c489.jpg

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'm intrigued by something like this. I've shot a STI competition but I'd like to try the carry version. Of course for the money a lot of other options can be had.
    87eaa08131374371a6305ae4d925c489.jpg
    No.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree with JWlineman: the uneasy feeling goes away if you have confidence in your weapon, your training, and your holster.

The Glock is perfectly safe. Round in the chamber, throw it against a wall. Not gonna go off. (Unless something hooks the trigger and pulls it)

That guy seemed perfectly comfortable with appendix carry - right up until he shot his dick off :)

Several people I know and respect carry appendix, they are just braver than me.

As for Glocks, I have five and have been carrying glocks for CCW off and on since 1999 and competing with them for just as long. They are good guns. I do not modify mine at all, mostly because they work fine for me as is. I do think they are safe, but that short pull on a striker fired pistol is something that I have always been cautious of. When the sig 250 came out I thought it was going to be the perfect gun with the light carry weight and a 7lb DAO . . .. it was not.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought that woman reacted quite well to the unfortunate situation.

Top Bottom