• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I started out thinking I was going with Adams Arms conversion kit until I saw a few installation videos. I'm not comfortable hammering the sleeve in the upper. If it can be done wrong I can do it. Been reading about piston uppers and for my cheapskate wallet the Wolf A1 looks like the way to go for me. Raising 2 grandsons with no child support so money is extremely tight and the state gives us a whopping $241 a month check for expenses and not much else as I won't lie to get other benefits.
    I've read Red's positive comments on his clone he has for trade and would like to hear from anyone else that has had or still has one,

Thanks in advance MarkS

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    At my age I am to the point of . . "what will a piston gun do for me" ?? My DI guns work fine in 223Rem,5.56,6.8,and 308. I do not do surpressors and I have the ability(and training) to clean after ever shoot.
    I find myself wanting a LWRC as I have shot a couple and they work "ok". Kinda like wanting another higher end 1911 again. At least now,I am old enough to ask myself . . . "why" ?? ---- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    the main reason I chose the Adams conversion was it runs cleaner when suppressed on my mid-length rifle. My main intended use for the rifle was hunting hogs suppressed. The bushing is not that difficult to install. All of my others are DI.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    When I put together a 7.5” ar pistol I went with a complete adams upper. They make or have made their own uppers so there is no bushing like on the retro kits. The complete upper is a couple hundred more than the retro but it was worth it to me. Ready to go all you need was sights

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have the Wolf A1 upper. Total rounds fired to date: 431, of which 45 were fired full auto on M16 lower. Zero malfunctions including factory steel case ammo, my reloads, and lower powered frangible ammo (50gr at 2600fps). Other than the initial cleaning and lubing, I've not cleaned it or lubed, as the BCG is keeping clean and shiny with lube. Some firing residue in upper receiver and near bolt lugs, but not enough for me to want to clean it at this time. So far, no throat wear per my TE gage.

I've only fired it with iron sights, and the accuracy seems to be "typical" AR with iron sights for me. It's a little heavier than some other 16" uppers. Hard to describe, but it just feels "sturdy". One review said it's built like a tank and runs like a sewing machine.

You probably are not too far from me. PM if you want to come over and fire a few shots from mine to help you decide whether you want to buy one.

I'd like it to have a chrome lined bbl, but that's just me. Bbl is nitrided, so that's good. CHF bbl with 4150 steel, so that's good too. I built mine into a T91 clone adding a T91 stock, pistol grip, flash hider, rear sight, and 80% lower receiver. I have no regrets. Shop around...I found mine for $100 less than some places were advertising.

Top Bottom