Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sportsbud, you sound like an idealist.

sportsbud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sportsbud, you sound like an idealist.

For that I am proud. We should always strive for something, in order to reach goals one has to have hope. When you have hope you tend to react to situations and people in a different manner. We need to live together and yelling at and hating each other do nothing. It's shame that one must balance their idealism as people with blind ambitions can be easily manipulated... Sadly a lot of my liberal friends are like that blind hope that has been twisted by certain "leaders".

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I actually agreed with most of what your said, except that most of my misguided passionate friends tend to be conservative. But that’s probably due to where I live

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sportsbud,
    It has been recently decided that this in fact IS an inappropriate place for a political debate, for many reasons.
    If you have a problem with that, you can leave on your own accord or find yourself facing the hammer.
    That’s not really up for debate... sorry.

sportsbud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sportsbud,
    It has been recently decided that this in fact IS an inappropriate place for a political debate, for many reasons.
    If you have a problem with that, you can leave on your own accord or find yourself facing the hammer.
    That’s not really up for debate... sorry.

This is a private forum so the owner or representative has a right to limit speech on it for any reason. I had to google what the dictionary definition of "Forum" was, " an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings." I do believe that since this is a gun forum politics tie right into that as the most besieged right is the 2nd amendment. Also I was not bringing up a particular topic for one side of the other (I did mention something about my liberal friends being pushed around in their thoughts by certain leaders). I was trying to bring out the fact that no matter the side the hostility is off the charts, something has to change about that or it will not be nice. I am not going to walk up to someone holding a "Fuck Trump" sign and deck them, but there are some that will, there are also people that will deck a pro-trump sign holder.

One of my favorite videos I saw in a while was when a "Black Lives Matter", and a "All Lives Matter" protest faced off... You know what happened? They joined up and marched together.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    One of the things I liked about this forum was that since we were all local, and there was a good chance we’d meet in person soon if we hadn’t already, we had a tendency to act differently than how people act on national forums.
    Just an observation. Welcome to the forum.

sportsbud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of the things I liked about this forum was that since we were all local, and there was a good chance we’d meet in person soon if we hadn’t already, we had a tendency to act differently than how people act on national forums.
    Just an observation. Welcome to the forum.
    When I get back I would gladly have this discussion over a beer a bar of your choosing(LA is not that far), I am not shy of what I believe to be correct. In fact I knew SpongeMonkey so well that we had a bet that he would get banned at some point before my return and you know what... He had a nice 3 day vacation the other day.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Talking about Spongemonkey? I know the dude me and him go back and forth a lot. I think him and me enjoy a vigorous debate (argument).

We do, and even though we may disagree on somethings, we also agree on some things. The main thing is we respect each other's opinions.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I get back I would gladly have this discussion over a beer a bar of your choosing(LA is not that far), I am not shy of what I believe to be correct. In fact I knew SpongeMonkey so well that we had a bet that he would get banned at some point before my return and you know what... He had a nice 3 day vacation the other day.

Yep, sure did. Owe you a box of ammo for that too! :eek:hwell:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think what dan is asking is maybe drop the subject, since the last time it came up multiple people got banned and some likely decided to not come back.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dan is absolutely right. People sure do act different here than they do on national forums.
    At least the national forums that I am on. --- SAWMAN

sportsbud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan is absolutely right. People sure do act different here than they do on national forums.
    At least the national forums that I am on. --- SAWMAN

Yes I about those forums while rich in knowledge, they can be "interesting"...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here we are on "The Bannings have begun" Thread and a member has inserted his position and wants to debate about "general political debate". Not debating current or pending gun law or the positions of elected officials on it. UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE! Another Thread heading off the tracks. There is no justifiable reason to insert general politics here. If the majority are "like minded" why poke them with a stick? It is deliberately disruptive in spite of intent to win hearts and minds.

How about proper context when you try to define it: include the adjective modifer "Gun" Forum. Nothing divisive there and clearly focused towards firearms.

I made my position clear in #99. I'll just use my little Block Button to eliminate more force fed crap and that is the extent of my willingness to read or debate politics and compromise.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The real question here is if sport’s m4 is a colt or if FN has picked up the contract.
    Of course I wouldn’t mind hearing if he’s using a aimpoint or a ACOG and his feelings on whichever he’s been issued.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The real question here is if sport’s m4 is a colt or if FN has picked up the contract.
    Of course I wouldn’t mind hearing if he’s using a aimpoint or a ACOG and his feelings on whichever he’s been issued.
    FN>Colt. All day every day.

Top Bottom