• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FN>Colt. All day every day.

It's a Colt M4 and a Aimpoint M68 CCO on top. Not an issue the three round burst trigger does make you throw a few rounds here and there in semi-auto. Qualifying in full battle rattle is alway fun... In fact in less than a month I have to do it again... and the average highs have been above 110 degrees... this should be fun. Being in the Guard my home unit my issue weapon is different. I have a FN M16A2 that is so old that the receiver says M16A1 with a rollstamp "2" over the "1". But that damn thing can stack the bullets in a little cloverleaf when I zero... What surprised me was a dude from another state walking around with an M14... Apparently if your state has some of the old wood and steel M14s in inventory you can still get them to let you deploy with it.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What surprised me was a dude from another state walking around with an M14... Apparently if your state has some of the old wood and steel M14s in inventory you can still get them to let you deploy with it.

Witnessed a sheriff deputy qualify for a FBI instructed police sniper course with an M14 back in the mid 1990's. Yeah, I am that old. Me, I had a Remington 700P. I qualified as well.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve blocked several people and the results are well worth the effort. If for some reason a member post something that might cause me to respond with a inappropriate post that might result in me getting banned , I refuse to take the bait and add them too my to damn dumb to argue with list. Life is to short to waste any time on a lost cause. Cheers

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve blocked several people and the results are well worth the effort. If for some reason a member post something that might cause me to respond with a inappropriate post that might result in me getting banned , I refuse to take the bait and add them too my to damn dumb to argue with list. Life is to short to waste any time on a lost cause. Cheers

I have quite a few on the ignore/block list as well. Do not have time for them as well. Thinking about adding a few more to the list.

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never found a need to use this or any forum's Ignore feature, when scrolling through threads I prefer instead to use my inherent OODA Loop feature. As in I'll Observe a member's name, Orient by remembering what and how the member usually posts, Decide it's not worth my time to read, and Act with a slight movement of my index finger on the mouse wheel to scroll past said post to the next one.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That’s interesting, I wasn’t aware fn made any a1’s. But it’s no secret the a1 trigger is more consistent than the burst. I remember first seeing and then reading about accuracized marksmen rifles they built off a1 receivers in 09. Another benifit was the full auto option, and then the Marines started looking for a automatic rifle...

Full kit is, uh, interesting, especially with the a2/a4 Buttstock. I knew some guys that actually liked them though. As far as colt vs fn, the colts i shot were a2’s and my a4 was an fn, which I qualified better with but that’s probably more me than the rifles. I could never warm up to the acog though.

spongemonkey

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a Colt M4 and a Aimpoint M68 CCO on top. Not an issue the three round burst trigger does make you throw a few rounds here and there in semi-auto. Qualifying in full battle rattle is alway fun... In fact in less than a month I have to do it again... and the average highs have been above 110 degrees... this should be fun. Being in the Guard my home unit my issue weapon is different. I have a FN M16A2 that is so old that the receiver says M16A1 with a rollstamp "2" over the "1". But that damn thing can stack the bullets in a little cloverleaf when I zero... What surprised me was a dude from another state walking around with an M14... Apparently if your state has some of the old wood and steel M14s in inventory you can still get them to let you deploy with it.
    You need to try an Armalite some time! :whoo:

Top Bottom