• Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What is a "boss selfie"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Picture of you and Springsteen? ...... Nahhhhh

Picture of someone posing and trying to look all badass with their rifle, plate carrier, Oakley look alike sunglasses, etc. - Operatorrrrr!! .... Yeah, probably that one.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Picture of you and Springsteen? ...... Nahhhhh

Picture of someone posing and trying to look all badass with their rifle, plate carrier, Oakley look alike sunglasses, etc. - Operatorrrrr!! .... Yeah, probably that one.
    I've done that before...
    dccdbe593a6e023a1a99a2280d4cbc94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought the first time ban was temporary, a slap on the wrist so to speak. Now some guys will get there feelings hurt and not return, but I don’t think that’s what anyone wants.

Yes, anyone who was banned in this go around it was for 3 days; just a little bit of a wake up. Not the end of the world, but hopefully some folks will decide to stop trying unintentionally or otherwise to drag the forum down.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    So they’re coming back...
    Without the political nonsense, some trolls will have nothing to do on here. Hopefully they’ll just go away on their own.

azcova

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sad that it has to come to that. A reflection of our times I guess.

sportsbud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I certainly believe that a vigorous debate is necessary whenever you must govern under a consensus. We currently have a system that is heavily divided, with both (or multiple sides) villainizing each other. When you have this going on it harkens back to the propaganda of WW1 and WW2. During that time period the "enemy" was downplayed as sub-human and depicted as such. Such tactics work for uniting people for a cause and waging total war. Yet in this relatively peaceful country we have wartime propaganda flying in every direction.

When we have multiple groups of people that need to live together depicting each other as villains we are setting ourselves up for failure. I do believe that there is merit to both sides, in order for a society to function you need to run a government off both logic and empathy. The main caveat is that you must not lean too far one way or it is unsustainable for various reasons.

This does not mean that there are certain topics that should not be open for debate. There are some things that compromise would be disastrous. Firearms are one topic, I will not discuss the exact reasons why some parties wish to completely disarm the populace but the run along the lines of control, and too much control is exactly what the founders of this country rebelled against.

In short people need to listen to each other, people need to have a point and counter-point argument from time to time. We need to see each other as people rather than throw insulting labels on others and toss them to the side.

Do not take this as me saying I am anything but a conservative, I am staunchly such. I have liberal friends who which I will have vigorous debates with then go out for a drink with. But we are all in this together division like this has seldom been seen since the years leading up to the civil war. Hate only brings more Hate.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do not take this as me saying I am anything but a conservative, I am staunchly such. I have liberal friends who which I will have vigorous debates with then go out for a drink with. But we are all in this together division like this has seldom been seen since the years leading up to the civil war. Hate only brings more Hate.

IMHO: You framed the issue in order to avoid saying "politics" but clearly, no other topic fits the narrative. As such, political debate is only benificial for those wanting to change someones position when those involved are willing to change or compromise. I don't compromise and my empathy tank has been drained bone dry long ago by a never ending stream of takers. I am a staunch supporter of my party but don't want ANY PARTIES political crap force fed via a firearms forum. There are political Web sites for those that wish to partake of it and I strongly recommend political debate or opinons take place elsewhere and not on this GUN FORUM.

sportsbud

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO: You framed the issue in order to avoid saying "politics" but clearly, no other topic fits the narrative. As such, political debate is only benificial for those wanting to change someones position when those involved are willing to change or compromise. I don't compromise and my empathy tank has been drained bone dry long ago by a never ending stream of takers. I am a staunch supporter of my party but don't want ANY PARTIES political crap force fed via a firearms forum. There are political Web sites for those that wish to partake of it and I strongly recommend political debate or opinons take place elsewhere and not on this GUN FORUM.

There is never an inappropriate place for a debate. We live in a country with a system that has a significant amount of flexibility built into its governmental system. Whether we like it or not as the pace of human civilization picks up things will be evolving ever quicker with society changing there will be a debate as whether to change parts of the government.

This is a forum, a place for there to be discourse between people. Due to the name of this forum it is likely to only drawn people who are like minded, however there will be others that see otherwise. But just because we listen to others does not mean that we have to agree to them! Call me an idealist but if people would talk to each other and then agree to disagree at a minimum we would be far better off. We are not fighting a war there is no need for this hostility.

Mind you, I am typing this while 7500 miles from home in the sandbox, I am in the place that if our politicians decided tomorrow that something needed blowing up here well you wouldn't be hearing from me as I would be running around with an M4... I am not saying this makes me more qualified than others to voice my opinion, but I will be dammed if being here doesn't put all the BS back home into perspective. We need to respect each other, because not a couple hundred miles from me people are shooting and killing each other for the same reason, they do not agree with the others views and refuse to listen to them.

Top Bottom